Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I think this is the lowest weapon level I've won with in a while.
Don't frequently get weapons with good enough inscriptions to overcome the value of the huge level weapon you've been feeding since early on, so it's nice when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
dual wielding weapons with low stability and hawkeye sight, clutching my mouse with a vice grip while I try to track the heads of kung fu monkeys while they roll around

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
sometimes you do some bigbrained elemental combo stuff to win

other times you just get a 10.6x crit multiplier on an illusion and hold down m1

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

BrianRx posted:

Cool cool, thanks. So it's indirectly related to accuracy, mediated by the player's ability to compensate for it.

Oh, I've had the tree filled out for some time. I've got like 3 or 4k essence banked, just waiting to spend in R1. I've gone back to Epic and tried to clear it with other characters, but so far only the one full run, and that ended with the first "final" boss. I can get to that point fairly consistently (though not as much as I would like) but keep ending up with the Serpent fight instead of the ship. I get the idea of the Serpent fight and have beaten it plenty on lower difficulties, but when the "sliding" attacks start coming in quick succession, I can't always see the red outline on the ground and get out of the way in time.
Since that pattern always works the same, you can dodge it consistently without actually seeing the markers of the second set of attacks.
Basically, once the first set of lunges has gone off, move into the space they took up. That's where the second set won't be hitting.

That said, if you're not getting hit before then, you can take 1 or two hits from it without dying due to the talents for "take reduced overflow damage to HP" and "endure at 1 HP when hit at high HP"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

:toot: reincarnation 8 down on everyone

looking back through the player information tab, I can see that it took me:
4 tries to clear it as dog
1 try to clear it as prince
2 tries to clear it as bird
3 tries to clear it as thunder cat
1 try to clear it as bnuuy
3 tries to clear it as turtle

I played them in that order, so it might have taken me less tries on dog if I didn't R8 with him first.

btw can I just say it's so stupid that lightless shield/phantom skin stacks get eaten when you block damage with the turtle's apis

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That's probably the character to take it on, but I don't like taking flesh and bone in general unless I have a great reason since the unlockable perk for reduced overflow damage from shields to hp-

-is really, really drat good for reducing the damage you take, and you lose this benefit entirely with flesh and bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
You can pause in solo DRG, yeah.