Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
A friend got me this a bit ago and I've been playing a bunch of it. Been playing a bunch of the lightning kitty.

This is my best solo attempt on elite mode so far, almost got to the end but died to some fireballs from someone I had killed already

my best crit damage too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I really wish there was a longer mode. But the time I get to the end boss I feel like I've barely been able to make any of the skill scroll combos work.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Yeah her visual design is trash but definitely fun to play

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the pillar jump secret is super annoying, and knowing how it works is not much help, just the game mechanics can gently caress you out of being able to do it

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
nightmare is kicking my rear end, I do so little damage to the vault bosses, Ive run out of ammo a few times and then usually die to one of the minions they spawn

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I like the jump puzzles except for the zone 3 post jumping one

also I see no steam results for "gunfire goons"

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 20, 2021

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

is there any gemini/weapon combo better than this? all 3 damage types so it applies all the combo debuffs too, 50% shock chance and lightning dmg helps against the stupid archery fish dudes in act 3

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Evil Kit posted:

I'm curious if you were actually getting fire elemental from Lappy on the sword, as I believe he counts as only Corrosion for the purposes of elemental sharing to other weapons.

I'm not using the sword

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Evil Kit posted:

Ah! Well the shock chance would be based on the weapon you're using I'm pretty sure so it should be 10% but I honestly haven't ever actually tested it. That'd be pretty nuts if that gemini inscription inherited the elemental proc chance as well.

I mean I don't have the code so I can't say for sure but the shock effect applied to enemies all the time almost immediately so it definitely seemed like it took the 50%

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Evil Kit posted:

Well poo poo, I'mma have to test that out then. Easy procing blight via lightning/corrosion combo would be nuts

I've gotten that flowing light/dual fang and gemini combo twice and each time it was the easiest run. You proc all debuffs constantly, it's ridiculous. Pretty much every run I am on the lookout for a dual fang and some sort of lightning weapon, but flowing light is definitely the best just for that 50%

every enemy quickly looks like this

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 21, 2021

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I think there are some ways you can fail it and survive, like having one of the resurrection scrolls, but otherwise it's game over

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
started a new job a couple months ago and just found out one of my coworkers plays this too. playing with them got me my first nightmare win. Im very close to maxing the generic talents, but have only gotten the class specific talents for the lightning cat and the bunny

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Solod my way through nightmare to the 4th stage for the first time. Was bunny and used a fire glove for basically the entire run. My main problem was I upgraded it too much too soon and couldnt afford to inscribe it so I never had gemini. Got it to +23 before dying stupidly while getting too close to some of the mounted dudes

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Golden Goat posted:

Do folks have any tips for nightmare mode?
We're barely getting through the first act and it's taking us ages to clear rooms.

Like I thought I was getting the hang of it on elite but now I'm just getting crushed.

Have you maxed out all the talents? Nightmare+ is where that really makes a huge difference. It took me a long time to get used to nightmare and even now sometimes I'll just die to some stupid stuff on act 1.

Need careful positioning around traps, always be moving, and a couple early defensive scrolls/chalices help out a ton

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Countblanc posted:

Is Reincarnation just Nightmare++ or is it more of an alternative mode?

Its mostly nightmare++ but you also get a dude at the very beginning who gives you a choice of strong buffs you can buy with the soul crystals or w/e. So you really want to be maxed out on levels before you try reincarnation otherwise you either wont be able to afford the buff or you slow yourself down on the talents

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Golden Goat posted:

Partner was Tao and was just vomiting swords or something. Not sure what lead to that but it was liquifying bosses.

There's a build where whenever you hit anything with your blossoms (Q) it will summon (100/200/250)% of your current stacks of swords. Then if you get all three of the plus base/max stacks it can be summoning like 20 swords every Q cast. That's the build I aimed for when I first started out. I do think the weapon build is better at higher difficulties. The sword damage just doesn't scale well. It sort of will if you also get the sword crit and base damage talents, but that requires a lot of RNG luck to max the build. Then you also need at least one into the shields per sword and probably want one into the each sword causes the target to take more sword damage. Just too many necessary parts to make it a reliable end game build imo

I will say it is very satisfying for the thin level 2 archer/gun units, if you got lucky one Q will kill them. Fire and forget

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 2, 2022

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Nade dog is beastly, the nuclear spiritual blessing makes it trivial, but even without it you can cheese through with a nade build

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
yeah just tried the fox, ended up with a bunch of synergy on the meteor and it was ridiculous. Felt like a better version of grenade dog

Fishstick posted:

Having used the hexagon just now, yes, yes it is. Turns the most annoying enemy into a super saiyan boost https://i.imgur.com/ENO0x9f.mp4
:eyepop: dang I was coming in here to show off my 2m+ highest damage

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 1, 2022

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Fishstick posted:

Got screwed out of a run by an instant game ender for no reason, it seems? I had record running and it transitions to game over while I have full health

https://i.imgur.com/03WiinM.mp4

Yeah that looks like some sort of bug, usually it'll tell you what kills you. The only time I've seen seething like that is when I failed one of the cube protect missions

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Its harder solo, but in groups you also dont always really care about weapon dmg. I went a fox secondary skill build where it was better to just spam my Q than to fire my weapon. I had multiple sources of extra secondary skill uses so I think I had 36 charges max and gained a free one every 3 seconds. Didn't really care about weapon upgrades/damage at that point

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Is there a way to see your lucky shot chance? It would be nice to have a current stats section, for example the scroll that gives a bunch of lucky shot but also caps it. At some point it is better to drop that scroll but hard to tell exactly when

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 24, 2022

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Evil Kit posted:

The OG Tiger frame challenge was to do it only on Nightmare. Way, way harder.

I do think MJ and Spiritual Links are just easy buffs to you, the player at least on solo. haven't tried them much at all multi

Spiritual links get even better in multiplayer because you can trade scrolls around to help each other complete them

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
had probably my wildest run with fox

with strive to survive I would get into a zone, press the attack button and hold it until everything was dead. started with the raging inferno spiritual blessing but ended up with so many good weapon scrolls I switched it out for flame dance in the 4th zone. absolutely erased the final boss.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

DNK posted:

The 2x2 +100 shield/+100 armor spirit grid thing is absolutely 100% required unless you’ve got 10+ hours of gameplay in this mode. The benefit does decay as you get further, but you need the assistance less when you have 30 scrolls and 15 ascensions.

The other good grid things
• The 3x3 corpse explosion proc. You need to unlock it by killing lantern spirits. It contributes SO much damage.
• The preferred weapon L-shapes. All of them are good, but the launcher one is insane. +3m explosion radius for a class of weapons that pretty often already have +2m as an affix? One launcher shot can hit an entire room!
•The 2x1 +1 secondary for every 3 enemies killed. You, uh, kill a lot of dudes. It lets you spam generally powerful, scaling skills.

FYADiebold and I beat it on our ~4th try with monkey (launcher spam) and bunny (fire synergy / skill spam). The final ~20% of the mode is a single-target DPS check. I don’t think it’s worth building around this, but heads-up.

Oh yeah: don’t camp a single area. They will eventually swarm you and manage to alpha strike you for 1000+ damage. We lost the first few runs due to hubris (I have lifesteal and do 1M dps!) and that works until the mobs manage to sneak in your entire healthbar worth of damage in-between bullet shots. No joke.

Yeah we learned a lot our first few failed runs. The 100 shield/armor one is insanely strong, as dnk said. Monkey with launcher was very good for early to mid when you are getting swamped with hundreds of enemies but once it gets to the elites it isn't as good. I went fox with demonlore and against the flow(from dnk ty for that) and the special rewards I took 50% fire ignores armor/shields and then double fire damage. I ended up doing way more skill damage than gun damage.

Also the 1x1 skill dmg/weapon dmg/copper on level up are very good. You get to level 30+ so by the end they have contributed a bunch

Much more fast paced than when I play solo, I like it so far

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 24, 2022

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
The dog needs triple wield now so he can get all three lasers going

John Lee posted:

What's the secret to making the other gauntlets good, by the way? I've never had one that dealt worthwhile damage, which makes me think I should be looking for some particular quality or scroll combination or something, because I've HEARD of them whupping rear end.

Both fire/lightning one are pretty good on bunny since she just needs fast RoF to get blade stacks back. They can also be good with on hit/crit stuff (giant slayer, any create ball of x energy on crit, chance for swords/lightning on crit from bunny or cat, etc)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Runa posted:

Even with the horde mode nerfs, my friends and I haven't been able to make any headway into the third round. Enemy HP scales up too quickly and we just don't know where to get the damage output we need to put a dent in the mass, especially when there's a handful of Elites getting tossed at us.

DNK and I found it useful to have one person go more AOE (dog or monkey using launchers) and one person more single target dps, for which we used fox and prince. Need some luck with getting builds together of course but that seemed to help

I also finally managed to solo it, got close with dog but failed on the final boss. Used bunny and got pretty lucky with a blade of bloom build. Final boss took a long time but between maxed blade of bloom and a decent radioactive gauntlet I whittled him down

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Played a game with DNK and we both got super lucky, I had my atomic bomb and doubled secondary skill capacity and he ended up with 11 spiritual links, which is the most I've seen so far

didn't even feel like reincarnation 8 for most of it. also hard to see with the buffs but he has 400+ shields in that photo, and at times went to over 700 shields

I like the new chests that let you gamble for an enhanced scroll or choose one of your current ones to enhance

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
its orbin time

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

John Murdoch posted:

Geminis are a good example of the multiplicative power I'm talking about tho. Granted, runs where rerolling just absolutely refuses to give me the one I want, ever, are fairly uncommon but rerolling them is still a gamble and a money sink with its own pros and cons.

Ultimately I take it as another facet of the metagame same as evaluating weapons in general or budgeting your money or whatever. It's not the right choice 100% of the time, but it can be the right choice often enough that it's worth considering instead of blindly trashing all of your drops because they're lower level than what you've already got. True that it depends on where you're at in the run, same as a lot of other metagame aspects.

Though :psyduck: at the idea that exclusives are nbd. Heck, there's some common/rare ones that can break the game if they just happen to end up on the right gun. Geminis are important but they aint the whole story just like weapon levels aren't.

Maybe the margins are that much tighter on R8, but like, there's ten other difficulty levels below that...

The share magazine sizes one can be pretty game changing depending on the weapon you pair it with. Even sharing elemental affixes is pretty strong. One of my early builds was to always go for dual fang mainland and lightning sword offhand with the elemental share gemini, all three elements on one weapon is really good

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

John Murdoch posted:

I know, that's what I'm saying. If I had to lose a few weapon levels to enable triple elements, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

ah ok, yeah on my builds where I go weapon damage usually its something I pick up really early on, inscribed at level 5 and just upgraded from there. It's funny to see really nice weapons drop from the pole monarch that are 20 levels lower than mine, though I guess thats what the transcendental armory is for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Gunfire coop is fun with a friend in discord where you can swap scrolls and work together, I haven't done much random matchmaking though