Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Does Monkey’s “use no ammo for the next 5 shots” thing work with Concealed Ammo’s throw?

I love the fact that Monkey gets to really abuse some of the (otherwise) worst primary weapons in the game. Like Wild Hunt is hot trash on basically everyone except Monkey. And Bone Dragon / Tiger Cannon are craaaazy when you never need to reload. I’ve never even considered ROF of Tiger Cannon to ever be a meaningful stat before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

but what if you never need to reload?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

The 2x2 +100 shield/+100 armor spirit grid thing is absolutely 100% required unless you’ve got 10+ hours of gameplay in this mode. The benefit does decay as you get further, but you need the assistance less when you have 30 scrolls and 15 ascensions.

The other good grid things
• The 3x3 corpse explosion proc. You need to unlock it by killing lantern spirits. It contributes SO much damage.
• The preferred weapon L-shapes. All of them are good, but the launcher one is insane. +3m explosion radius for a class of weapons that pretty often already have +2m as an affix? One launcher shot can hit an entire room!
•The 2x1 +1 secondary for every 3 enemies killed. You, uh, kill a lot of dudes. It lets you spam generally powerful, scaling skills.

FYADiebold and I beat it on our ~4th try with monkey (launcher spam) and bunny (fire synergy / skill spam). The final ~20% of the mode is a single-target DPS check. I don’t think it’s worth building around this, but heads-up.

Oh yeah: don’t camp a single area. They will eventually swarm you and manage to alpha strike you for 1000+ damage. We lost the first few runs due to hubris (I have lifesteal and do 1M dps!) and that works until the mobs manage to sneak in your entire healthbar worth of damage in-between bullet shots. No joke.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

That happens due to Occult Scroll critX bonuses like Hawkeye Sight or, uh, the other one. Doesn’t show up until the weapon is in your hands.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Runa posted:

Even with the horde mode nerfs, my friends and I haven't been able to make any headway into the third round. Enemy HP scales up too quickly and we just don't know where to get the damage output we need to put a dent in the mass, especially when there's a handful of Elites getting tossed at us.

Just go cat and find a lightning element weapon. It doesn’t matter if the weapon has good damage, it just needs to proc as much as possible.

The Misma effect (Green + Blue) does % hp damage. As long as you can proc lightning in an AOE (via AOE weapons or good inscriptions) you’ll chew through anything.

The cat also has an ascension which is like “any enemy that dies under smoke grenade explodes”. This can set off insane corpse explosion chains if you clump units together. It also works very well with Miasma. It also scales with enemy hp.

Basically cat is op. The cat is op in every mode because they don’t rely on weapon upgrades and can pop off with extremely common ascensions / basic gear.

edit: and since the whole Miasma spam thing is so easy to pull off, you can ALSO do other things like use Gemini effects to proc fire as well and/or scale hard into skill damage and abuse the “create orb” inscriptions. Note: all of the orb inscriptions scale with skill damage, not weapon damage.

DNK fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

If you’re mostly playing co-op, get the revive talents. They will salvage runs far more than points elsewhere.