Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Craziest dps build I ever had was on Dog. Two glimmerings, each procing 2 additional shots per shot. Max mad bomber, max dual lucky, immunity to fire, lifesteal from fire, and infinite ammo during dual. Bunch of damage scrolls too. Nothing even comes close to the damage output. With lifesteal and such the only thing you have to worry about are those little suicidal fire bomb guys as they can oneshot you and making sure you kill everything during your dual. 2 million + damage over the run.

Having two of the same gun on Dog sounds weird but its far less mentally taxing when both guns have the same fire rate. Ammo is your biggest concern. Also dog is limited in what guns he can use. The only stat he really cares about is explosion which limits the guns you can use.

Cat you can really build whatever though lightning and shield seem to work best on him. Lightning glove is great.

I tried the bird but man he's weird as hell. Its like you either go all in on his abilities or have them kinda sorta support your gun. Very strange character.

Game is amazing and I just want more of it. Really wish they added in a hell level where you can't win to see how far your build can take you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Im_Special posted:

Just binged on this game for 3.9 hours, games okay I guess.

When you unlock the game for Elite is when it really starts to shine. One of the downsides is that the game dripfeeds you all the cool scrolls and upgrades a bit too slowly.

Like the dog took forever to unlock for no reason.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Dog with two Glimmerings with max Mad bomber with fire Regan got me past 2 mil damage.

Just make sure you got something to deal with ammo and carpal tunnel.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
He looks really neat. It's nice seeing more use out of sniper weapons like Bow because they're completely outperformed by the other weapons.

I hope he's viable for the Nightmare mode. Bird is practically a requirement due to how often he goes invulnerable with huge aoe.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Pasha posted:

Dumb question, but what is the niche of Dog supposed to be? Tiger seems to be sniper and burst/AoE damage. Bird is survivability and close-range fighting. Cat seems to be triggering elemental effects (I haven't played much with Cat, so I don't really know). Dog is ... explosives I guess?

Dog is explosives, dual weld and staying in dual weld, and crit. Big HP pool too so if you can get things that give him lifesteal with more Hp then go for it.

He's all about maxing out explosive stuff, X times damage right after reload, and anything that ups crit while dualing. If you're able to get ammo regen while ulting or even better use no ammo but 3 x damage while ulting he can get crazy. The types of guns you want are a bit limiting though. Not too many explode in the game. Usually two of the same gun like that one vacuum explodey one does the trick. The really fast one knife explode gives me carpal so I wouldn't recommend it.

You'll want to dual as much as possible after midgame as that's where all your damage comes from. Ignore his grenade builds as they arent great. One neat trick, while you're on your path for the right weapon is if you have a gun that recoils too much, is to put one with no recoil as your primary and then dual. Dualing takes the recoil from your primary so now your secondary has good recoil now.

He is probably my highest damage at 20 million on nightmare BUT that's before they nerfed lifesteal. He takes a bit to get going and kinda feels slow due to most of his builds needing big weapons. He needs companions too. Once his explosive stuff is maxed, just firing into the distance will proc so many numbers its hard to see.

Buckwheat Sings fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 19, 2021