Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Picked this up on a lark the other day. This feels great to play, though I'm not sure how I feel about the metaprogression trees yet. Only played a half dozen games though, and not beat Lu Bu Wu or whatever yet, so we'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

Game is fun but I really wish that they would have told you that the currency for self revive is the same as the one for the persistent upgrades BEFORE I wasted most of mine on revives on my first run.

EDIT: Not game ruining or anything, just a bit of a kick to the nards, is all. (Painful, but ultimately harmless. And hilarious in retrospec)

Ditto. Not a big deal but I was like :argh: whyyyy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Y'all preferring solo or multi in this? I still don't have a win and I've unlocked birb, but I'm having a ton of fun anyway :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I want to like Dog more but every time I see a Justice while playing him I feel nothing but immense sadness

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh, i thought they didn't self-detonate at all :doh: i literally thought "ah, Demoman stickies" and everything that implies

well at least this makes playing Dog a lot more pleasant!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i can still be kinda slightly sad about crimson firescales though, right

though I guess at least you still accrue fireballs while dual wielding so that's not so bad

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SaffronKit posted:

I'm really curious to see how they turn out! I've def noticed rather than true procgen, the game seems to have a big premade map with specific routes through it chosen each run. It's an interesting take and certainly lets the devs better craft those levels.

Are there any rooms where you end up coming in from different entrances? I swear I can't remember any.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

finally got my first win :toot: well, against Yoruhime-Maru, anyway.

So question about that fight, in the second half what does one do to not take damage from the massive gently caress-off slow mortar shot? If there was ever an indicator, I didn't see it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe it's just a playstyle thing but dang i'm disappointed by lightning sniper cat

haven't really given dual wield dog or melee birb much time, having too much fun corroding and exploding stuff with the prince

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

just unlocked Tao and idk wtf i'm doing but i love it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

it ain't wrong. i'm all about any game mechanic that encourages throwing as much dakka downrange as possible, and to hell with sanity and/or the laws of physics :orks:

(e) which makes opening boxes like this all the more irritating :argh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

meanwhile i've only got one win on normal lol

not sure whether i should be grinding away at elite or doing normal and hopefully getting more wins, talent-currency-wise

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cicero posted:

Would this game be kid friendly for kids around 10 years old? I don't really mean 'mature' content, I just mean difficulty/design/playstyle. Roguelites can be very challenging, and especially with my son, we sometimes have a problem in coop games where he immediately rushes around and dies, and then just has to watch me for a long time before he can respawn.

That particular habit would be quite rough. Rezing teammates in situ has to be done by another player, takes a few seconds, and if you don't do it within a certain time (increasingly short as the deaths stack up), they're donezo until the next boss is dead, you reach a peddler (and have the currency to spare to buy the rez), or, well, the game ends :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

got my first stage 4 win just now :toot: laser glove +20 gemini'd to 5.5 critx, plus the stacking critx for crits inscription, plus the crit for 3s on damage scroll, plus the scroll that burns me when I burn an enemy so I'm always taking damage ticks, plus enough slap build poo poo to keep my armor topped up forever

wish i'd got that on elite instead of normal lol