Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This is the thread for general talk of gaming on PC. Want to talk about what hardware you should buy? Talk about it here! Want to talk about PC games without specifically talking about the version in any given store? This is also the place for that. Want to shop around for sales without talking about how the game is free on Epic in the Steam thread? This might just be the thread for you!

Some other threads that might be up your alley are:

The Steam Thread
The GOG Thread
The Epic Games Store Thread

Free Games Thread
Steam Gifting Thread
Video Game Deals Thread

Recommend Me a Game Again
Fresh Releases Thread

Now post all the posts you could not post before, because there was not a thread for them.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I like PC gaming!!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Can this thread run Crysis?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ymgve posted:

Can this thread run Crysis?

Absolutely not do you think something that radium touched can ran any game?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Cool the last pcgaming thread died a few years ago

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Alright y'all time to talk about steam

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
If you are going to do a Megathread do you want to add in the

Free Games Thread
Steam Gifting Thread
Video Game Deals Thread

Management Games Thread
Recommend Me a Game Again
Fresh Releases Thread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Psycho Landlord posted:

Alright y'all time to talk about steam

drat it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

thanks, I will edit

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I'm sure there are others I dont subscribe to though.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm happy the Skifree yeti ended up SOMEWHERE.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
How many MS Paints can you have open before your Radeon RTX bursts into flames?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My friend keeps telling me that all PC Gamers look like this

I never know what to tell him. What's the best way to make him stop saying that literally all PC Gamers look like this? (pic shown again below, for reference)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

you could talk about the time Terry Crews and his son built a PC, he is very handsome a probably smells great.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

remind him that all console gamers also look like that

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

you could talk about the time Terry Crews and his son built a PC, he is very handsome a probably smells great.

Did they use their black supremacist powers to help build it?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love playing games on my Gaming PC™.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Do you think the SkiFree monster is an omnivore or a carnivore?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I remember when PC gaming was dead. Good times.

Or maybe PC gaming is still dead and WE ourselves are dead, and this is hell.

That would explain a lot.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

PC Gaming died in 2017.
...because that's when the last post in the previous PC gaming thread happened
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3374448

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
And here to grace this topic is this cool bird.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Morter posted:

only thanks to the power of the personal computer can i render this beautiful bird in 256-bit color

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

only thanks to the power of the personal computer can i render this beautiful bird in 256-bit color

yeah computers are neat

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
isnt this just what the steam thread is at this point, seems silly to have both. maybe just rename the steam thread to the gen pc gaming thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stux posted:

isnt this just what the steam thread is at this point, seems silly to have both. maybe just rename the steam thread to the gen pc gaming thread

I'll take this under advisement with the rest of the mod team

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Speaking of PC gaming,

many games with poor controller support will move the mouse cursor continuously in a single direction whenever I boot them up, and unplugging controller fixes this. It's a dual shock 4 if that matters. Does anybody know what's causing this, and if there's a way to fix it without continually unplugging and replugging it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm really loving the advantages of having access to ray tracing before console gamers.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Morter posted:

god drat is that a cool bird.

cheetah7071 posted:

Speaking of PC gaming,

many games with poor controller support will move the mouse cursor continuously in a single direction whenever I boot them up, and unplugging controller fixes this. It's a dual shock 4 if that matters. Does anybody know what's causing this, and if there's a way to fix it without continually unplugging and replugging it

i had this happen a lot with a ds4 too and i don't think there's a very good answer. apparently exclusive mode in DS4Windows helps some people; i just gave up and moved to a xbone pad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Speaking of PC gaming,

is that using steam? i had a lot of issues, including something like what you're describing, using their back end. i just ended up disabling it altogether and stuck to the open source forks of ds4windows instead.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stux posted:

they did but like three guys acted like they were going to lose their poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wish Lichdom: Battlemage hadn't kinda sucked because I want something like a first-person Noita so goddamn bad right now

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rinkles posted:

is that using steam? i had a lot of issues, including something like what you're describing, using their back end. i just ended up disabling it altogether and stuck to the open source forks of ds4windows instead.

yeah it is using steam, but switching to ds4windows is probably more annoying than just unplugging the controller sometimes

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

cheetah7071 posted:

Speaking of PC gaming,

fwiw it's not just gamepads, I've had games that have done the same poo poo when I had my joystick plugged in, including things like XCOM that have no business caring about a joystick. Some games just dumb.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Should have just left the change you made. EGS games are still going to be talked about in the steam thread.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Fallom posted:

they did but like three guys acted like they were going to lose their poo poo

just proves it should be done even further

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??
If this is going to be the pc gaming thread maybe we should limit the steam thread to steam-specific issues. Or just rename it and make it the general pc gaming thread, surely no one would object to that?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

OpinionCushion posted:

If this is going to be the pc gaming thread maybe we should limit the steam thread to steam-specific issues. Or just rename it and make it the general pc gaming thread, surely no one would object to that?

agreed, if the steam thread posters feel they must remain the steam thread then in light of this new gen pc thread all gen talk in the steam thread should be punished with utmost severity

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
What's a good goon recommended flightstick?
Budget £200 max. While I mostly play elite dangerous, I'm thinking of getting into the new Microsoft flight sim.

I owned a Thrustmaster t-flight. And for the price it was alright until it broke, like something a little more upmarket this time.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 22, 2020

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is hardware chat cool?

Are there any Intel motherboards that are using PCI Express 4.0? Seems like they're skipping it entirely and waiting for 5.0. I've been out of the PC building game for seven years now but I finally have a job where it's affordable again, and now I hear AMD processors are actually quite good and not the flaming garbage heap they were back when I was still building PCs, but I had such bad experiences with them I'm still a little nervous about switching to Ryzen.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There is also this video of Henry Cavill building his rig, which single-handedly made me attracted to men. https://www.instagram.com/p/CCs-N1Eh2Z5/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pirate Jet posted:

Is hardware chat cool?

this is the thread for PC gaming, and hardware is an important part of that, so yes!