Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Well, friends, the Republican National Convention is almost here. The barrel's been thoroughly scraped, and an as-yet unannounced series of talks and presentations is ahead of us, starting August 24 and ending August 27. Four days of...well, of something. We know a few of the guest stars, but most of the planned event is a big 'ol black box. The schedules are being released day by day.

Day 1 "Schedule", beginning 8:30 EST:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1297909959032799232?s=19

Day 2 Schedule:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1298302812380684289

Day 3 Schedule:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1298653854381334528

Day 4 Schedule:
https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1299033676630700037

Day 4 Stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0SS9jjaU6E

For your context and edification, here is the 2016 RNC schedule.

Will there be a hastily recontextualized border wall video? An in memoriam for Herman Cain? How many racial slurs, per day or total? How many appearances by Kid Rock? Will our bold president announce a cure for the coronavirus?

What are your predictions?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I have made a non-final bingo card for this abomination. The link below will take you to a randomized version of a card that somebody will probably get bingo on in 5 minutes.

https://mfbc.us/m/smqvek

Please comment with any requested additions or deletions.

Also, if I could get a headcount of participants that would be much appreciated. This site I used makes you pay at least :10bux: if you want more than 30 participants. Alternately if anyone knows a free site please link it.

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 22, 2020

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I suggest gold star families as a card.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
add something about Russia/Putin being an ally

Maybe replace hydroxychloroquine with a general reference to snake oil Covid cures

"Many people haven't heard of this"

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Some kind of "shocking revelation" about Biden or some other prominent dem. 2020 is a chaos year so I'm not toxxing because maybe we'll be focused on the sentient mechanized COVID rats takeover of Fresno next week instead, but I'm very confident this will happen.

Will make a big dent in the Fox/OAN/Q media ecosystem but will probably not (knock on wood) penetrate into the general news cycle unless they arrest someone, which they very well might. But even then a clearly politically motivated arrest probably won't have the effect they're hoping for, it's not 2016 where the Comey letter can change people's minds, and if they try and arrest a dem elected official there's gonna be massive protests that might blow back on them. But there's definitely gonna be something in this vein.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Someone is gonna bring up Qanon, most likely to praise it in some way.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Someone write a statistical model to predict how many verifiable unambiguous lies will be told during this.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the RNC will average more overall viewers than the DNC but will have a lower average rating in the key demo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

goethe.cx posted:

I have made a non-final bingo card for this abomination. The link below will take you to a randomized version of a card that somebody will probably get bingo on in 5 minutes.

https://mfbc.us/m/smqvek

Please comment with any requested additions or deletions.

Also, if I could get a headcount of participants that would be much appreciated. This site I used makes you pay at least :10bux: if you want more than 30 participants. Alternately if anyone knows a free site please link it.

I'm going to save myself some time and just shout BINGO! right now

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the RNC will average more overall viewers than the DNC but will have a lower average rating in the key demo

Why do you think that is? More older people staying at home and tuning in?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

pretty much

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

What do you think the key demo is? Older people have higher voting rates, so I'm not sure having a higher audience of old fogeys is a bad thing for the GOP.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh sorry, its persons 18-49. i'm so use to talking about ratings in the wrestling threads. its called the key demo because its what used to determine ad revenue for shows

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I anticipate Patriotic Musical Grifters, and maybe a talk from those people who opened their gym in violation of a shutdown order.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Let's see...

--A lot of police fellatio. Tons of "BACK DA BLUE" propaganda, talk about how cops are HEROES, etc.
--Images of cities on fire and scary black people protesting, followed by "This is Joe Biden's America"
--Promoting hydroxywhatever as a miracle cure for COVID-19
--Lots and lots of blaming "Democrat governors" for lawlessness and COVID deaths
--A LOT of media bashing. That Covington kid especially will spend his 5-10 minutes calling it the Enemy Of The People.
--Insinuations that he will send "attorney generals" or "sheriffs" to "protect" the polls in November, without either any inclination of what this would mean OR any actual intent of doing it
--References to Democrats wanting to destroy the suburbs by letting THOSE PEOPLE move in

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Pick posted:

I'm going to save myself some time and just shout BINGO! right now

This is really good. I feel like "most corrupt worst election ever if I lose" should be somewhere.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Will there be an image of trump imposed onto mount rushmore?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Come on, we can be a little bolder in our predictions. They’re not just going to name drop Hillary. We will get specific callbacks to “her emails” and of course, Benghazi.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I predict someone says the n-word on mic

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
This, imo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1297573327528230912?s=20

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Prediction: Trump will say the words "I love black people!" and then to try to relate to them, will say a lot of phenomenally racist things. E.g., "I love black people! Watermelon is delicious! Sometimes I want to rob a corner store! My underwear is cotton!"

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I predict that the RNC gets much better ratings than the DNC, online liberals wail about how undecorous it all is but Republicans eat it up, and Trump gets a modest bump from the convention. The polls continue to tighten as election day approaches and low info voters tune in and realize that Joe Biden is offering them nothing. Trump sweeps the swing states and is elected to a 2nd term.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

The Pussy Boss posted:

I predict that the RNC gets much better ratings than the DNC, online liberals wail about how undecorous it all is but Republicans eat it up, and Trump gets a modest bump from the convention. The polls continue to tighten as election day approaches and low info voters tune in and realize that Joe Biden is offering them nothing. Trump sweeps the swing states and is elected to a 2nd term.

Thank you for your input, The Pussy Boss.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Pussy Boss posted:

I predict that you will not be happy with the future, no matter what.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 23, 2020

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

Uh huh. And what's food like on the alternate Earth you're posting from?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I mean, it's not a wildly unrealistic scenario. Trump has fanatic followers, Biden doesn't, so it's possible more people will be watching the RNC than the DNC. It's going to be full of lovely statements that the fanatical Trump following will love, cause those are the only people he speaks to anymore. Democrats will hate it. It's totally possible that Trump can win enough swing states to be re-elected.

However, I really don't think there will be much of a bump for Trump, probably not any more than there was for Biden. You also won't get people tuning in to see what Trump has to say, because we all know it's just the same poo poo he always says. We already know the convention's gonna be 4 days of insinuating that Biden is a far left radical who's going to destroy the police and let immigrants kill your wife and black people take your house. If they weren't moved by that message before, there's not much reason to believe they'll be moved now.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Uh huh. And what's food like on the alternate Earth you're posting from?

Dismissing this possibility is the attitude that got Trump into office in the first place

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

Dismissing this possibility is the attitude that got Trump into office in the first place

Barring black swan events, what can he do to increase his base? Most of what he does is complain about people who aren't currently voting for him, he couldn't even make the case for himself when Chris Wallace asked him directly, he just kept complaining about everything!

He very well may win, because God seems to love spiteful assholes, but if he does it's profoundly unlikely to be because he suddenly tried something new, unless you or anyone else knows how he's suddenly going to start appealing to the people he makes no attempt to conceal his contempt for.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

That guy's prediction has about as much chance of being the case as Biden does of dropping out and ceding the nomination to Bernie.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

TwoQuestions posted:

Barring black swan events, what can he do to increase his base? Most of what he does is complain about people who aren't currently voting for him, he couldn't even make the case for himself when Chris Wallace asked him directly, he just kept complaining about everything!

He very well may win, because God seems to love spiteful assholes, but if he does it's profoundly unlikely to be because he suddenly tried something new, unless you or anyone else knows how he's suddenly going to start appealing to the people he makes no attempt to conceal his contempt for.

We'll see. Nobody in America is excited about what Joe has to offer aside from "not Trump", and the more people learn about Joe, the less they will care to vote. Maybe Donald doesn't get new voters, but enough potential Dem votes stay home to turn the tide because they think with candidates like these, it does not matter.

With numbers like these, I think Biden is in a lot of trouble if other polls even suggest a similar trend. I would not be surprised if the decision to stack the DNC with Republicans did more to hurt Biden than help.

https://twitter.com/WorkingClassLI/status/1297621998193999875?s=19

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
That same poll puts Biden up by 10.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

That guy's prediction has about as much chance of being the case as Biden does of dropping out and ceding the nomination to Bernie.

2016 never ends, does it?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OctaMurk posted:

I would not be surprised if the decision to stack the DNC with Republicans did more to hurt Biden than help.
*Biden loses election by, let's say 50 EVs*

DNC: What? How? We did everything we could to appeal to Republicans.

2016: :roflolmao: :roflolmao:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Biden and the democratic party are gutter trash, but Trump has bungled a pandemic as the incumbent and it would take something incredible to win re-election off that.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009
God this whole forum is gullible as hell. A MAGA poll unskewer has gotten copied and pasted into nearly every thread for the whole purpose of getting the more nihilist elements of the left all hot and bothered.

Y’all are no better than a bunch of boomers getting worked up over a Facebook post by PatriotzforFreedomz or some poo poo. Get some basic informational literacy. Jesus Christ.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Marlows posted:

God this whole forum is gullible as hell. A MAGA poll unskewer has gotten copied and pasted into nearly every thread for the whole purpose of getting the more nihilist elements of the left all hot and bothered.

Y’all are no better than a bunch of boomers getting worked up over a Facebook post by PatriotzforFreedomz or some poo poo. Get some basic informational literacy. Jesus Christ.

now, now, let's be fair. they're not all doing that.

some of them are taking the words of an Actual loving Nazi at face value instead.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mila kunis posted:

Biden and the democratic party are gutter trash, but Trump has bungled a pandemic as the incumbent and it would take something incredible to win re-election off that.
McConnell decides to give everyone 2,500 backdated to April in October and Mnuchin cancels all debt.

May Trump reign eternal.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

OctaMurk posted:

We'll see. Nobody in America is excited about what Joe has to offer aside from "not Trump", and the more people learn about Joe, the less they will care to vote. Maybe Donald doesn't get new voters, but enough potential Dem votes stay home to turn the tide because they think with candidates like these, it does not matter.

With numbers like these, I think Biden is in a lot of trouble if other polls even suggest a similar trend. I would not be surprised if the decision to stack the DNC with Republicans did more to hurt Biden than help.

https://twitter.com/WorkingClassLI/status/1297621998193999875?s=19

yeah man thank you for promoting an actual MAGA account that cherrypicked a poll where biden is +10 nationally. very helpful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

McConnell decides to give everyone 2,500 backdated to April in October and Mnuchin cancels all debt.

May Trump reign eternal.

at least be subtle when you're posting with one hand