Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
last week i got a discount scroll saw from amazon. it was a "warehouse deal" someone had dropped the box or something. its pretty cool, a nice addition to my woodshop, only cost me $90. i wish it was free though :(

a youtube video inspired me to get it. making 3d compound cuts just seemed like magic to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgSJJBcggLU

I. M. Gei posted:

I want a free table saw

A big one. The pro-grade poo poo. The good poo poo they use to make furniture and cabinets and old-money-rich-people-mansion wooden wall paneling and other big fancy poo poo.

Oh, but it’s gotta be 120V.

Ditto for a free stationary planer and a free stationary band saw.

sorry i already called dibs on the free table saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

New tools are pretty much trash tier. Early 70's or older for a tool that will last a literal lifetime and then also another lifetime.

unless you want a handplane, then you want 1940's or older