Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Ham posted:

There are problems with age restrictions / ratings if you're in Australia that caused it to be pulled. They're trying to resolve them and recently fixed it for New Zealand.

I managed to pre order it. Are they censoring it? What is even in the game to worry about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Are they doing a pre load on steam?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I think this one has a lot of “internet street cred” going for it, bubbling above the just general scene. Stellaris had a lot of issues and look at it now- huge reception.

Super fans are the worst, and the correct response to anyone who wants to rip on a new game (other than if it’s a buggy mess) in the series is “then play CK2 then?”

I can’t wait!!

Good to hear it’s only 8GB. Does anyone know what time it normally unlocks? I’m in Australia (ordered on steam)

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Is it realistic to start as a like, low level ruler and eventually... CONQUER EVERYTHING!? Or is the timing too prohibitive and you’d have to start as a higher level ruler

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

fuf posted:

Please don't start doing this

Discussion is fine and interesting, it gives us something to talk about to pass the time

Guest's posts have been completely mild

If I wanted to talk about ethics in video game journalism I’d be a fuckhead in a gamergate thread.

This thread is for talking about crusader kings 3. Christ they gave a few nerdy you tubers some cash to do a clearly signposted advertisement for the game. What is there to discuss.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Guest posted:

Ye I'm going to stop posting about this because I pretty much agree with the people who don't want to derail the thread to have a conversation about ethics in games journalism. All I'm saying is don't applaud Paradox for paying a bunch of youtubers to make their game look awesome just because the game in question happens to be good this time around.

They are ads that show off the game

People get excited for movie trailers

gently caress it’s really not that hard

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I have it pre ordered sitting in my steam library.

I’m already in lockdown IF I ALSO CANT PLAY THIS EITHER gently caress

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Yeah that is really worrying. Like if we have managed to pre order on steam potentially it’s not going to be out or it’ll be a censored version? It’s been so long since I’ve had to worry about this. I think I even said it wasn’t a big deal earlier in the thread. Idiot self

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I’m not sure they can. It’s a legal thing in Australia mandated by the federal government. If they haven’t submitted, or if it’s been refused classification they can’t just decide to release it.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

cohsae posted:

Hey some of us are in Australia and don't even know how much longer the wait could be :ohdear:

I feel so frustrated I just wish we knew

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
The issue I think wrt Australia is like either things can be way too graphic (extremely unlikely) or the game spins something illegal as positive but it’s gotta be something illegal and like ... one of the things that pings their ethics code or some poo poo. Or it rewards you for it.

So like beating a hooker to death in gta to get your money back. Taking drugs in a game which then gives you a performance enhancing boost. Etc

But then you also get like hotline Miami and left 4 dead 2 banned also so who knows

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

AnEdgelord posted:

I could not possibly care less about people wearing silly costumes in preview videos and I dont understand why anyone else does. If its really so offensive why are you not just skipping to the gameplay section?

It’s a cute little marketing campaign that pays nerdy youtubers who are already enthusiasts for the game series to advertise their new game. Clearly this is the most unethical thing to be done in video gaming and advertising and you are a sheeple if you enjoyed it.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

strong bird posted:

does anyone know what time this game comes out :thanks:

I think it’s 6pm Central Europe time

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Horsebanger posted:

has paradox actually said whats wrong with aus pre-orders yet?

I'm guessing judging by the Aus board of Classification, they just never submitted it, as it doesn't show up.

My worry is for those of us who already pre ordered will it actually launch in aus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Mode 7 posted:

Latest comment from Paradox here is:

So anyone who gets a key can just activate it on Steam and be fine.
So buying from a site that doesn't care about region (Gamebillet seems like one and also legit/non-shady?) would probably let you bypass the delay. Trying to decide if I want to take the risk tonight or just wait and see how tomorrow unfolds.

Yesssss