Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't realize fabricate claims is now done by your religious councilor. Combined with Catholics not having direct control over that appointment low-skill bishops are going to have an incredibly high mortality rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
We know that reviews are embargoed until the 31st or 1st so we're only going to get limited stuff before then.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

One thing I would like to see is with hooks: we know that if you have a strong hook on someone, you can force them into your schemes, but I bfeel like they should have an opportunity to expose their own secret, depending on what you're asking them to do. Like, if you ask someone to murder someone they have an enormous opinion of, there should be some people who still refuse, even at great risk to themselves.

Imagine having a strong hook on a rival king and trying to get him in on your plot to murser his only heir. No one would do that.
I think they've mentioned that you can't force people to help you kill their friends, lovers, or close family even with strong hooks.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The weird thing about the Ghana video is that conquest is supposed to reduce fervor so I would have expected it to fall instead of staying pegged at 100. Maybe all that human sacrifice counteracted that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's pretty funny he got the Knights Templar because he technically created the first Christian holy order.

And that his vassals conquered Jerusalem without his help, though the Templars probably did a lot of the heavy lifting there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I assumed that meant "you'll get the game as soon as we an legally give it to you."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Spiff talking about all the exploits he's found is pretty fun.

"It's really hard to gently caress your head of faith, but not others'. So the trick is to convert to Islam, gently caress the pope, then convert back."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The strategy games product manager posted this about the release time on Paradox's forum:

quote:

We usually launch our games at 18:00 CET, because that coincides with the start of the work day at Valve. Its just a peace of mind thing to make sure there is support from all partners involved. Recently we've tried other times, but it depends on what the team feels comfortable with.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was not ready for how much prestige pressing other peoples' claims costs. I paid a claimant to stay at court and then it turned out to be a total waste since it takes 325 prestige to press someone's county claim. Is there an easy way to gain prestige? I burned through most of what the tutorial starts you with and only gain like 2 per month.

Luckily immediately after that Lollardry broke out across Scotland and Ireland so I can war for piety instead.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Oh dear me posted:

I do miss the Diplo relations map option as well, finding out where I should send my army is harder now.
Yeah unless there's something I've missed the only map mode thing I really miss is being able to visualize who I have CBs on.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

chglcu posted:

Ah, thanks, though that's a bit annoying. Apparently de jure kingdoms is a late medieval tech. Feels pretty gamey and arbitrary.
It looks like that's the one that lets you press multiple de jure claims at once.

I think the tribal era one lets you de jure war for counties in duchies you hold, and the early medieval one lets you war for duchies in kingdoms you hold. So once you have that de jure wars are actually better than they ever were in CK2.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 2, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Asehujiko posted:

How do I get dynasty head back after a partition/civil war? the "head" is a count and my vassal(I'm a duchess). Do I have to murder him? Is it stuck there because of gender laws?
It's weird that you lost it in the first place since it's supposed to go to the primary heir, which is also who you should be playing after succession. That might be a bug?

Anyway if you lose house head the only way to get it back is to merge your lines of primary inheritance back together somehow, but it's probably faster and easier to just create your own house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

Is there a map mode where I can see the exact baronies/sectors that are part of my demesne?
When you zoom in in the main map mode they have blue banners underneath them.