Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Eimi posted:

Despite the lack of societies and artifacts, I look forward to once more making the world pagan and woman lead, this time with the added bonuses of gay.

Are artifacts and societies within the realm of early modding possibility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Peachy Poo posted:

Naw you've got it, it's an infamous case of why you never pre-order. SOTS1 is a beloved classic, 2 was an unbelievable shitshow (or so I hear.)

Yep, and more so than you’d expect. If I remember correctly, it was so broken at launch that the devs tried to save face by lying about having accidentally uploaded an old build. Even after a series of hilarious patches, it was still a profoundly unpleasant game on account of the lead dev being unable to take “your ideas are bad” as an answer.

And it STILL got an expansion before they gave up!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
There’s nudity in this one, possibly related to certain heresies

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

It's time to bring back the old Egyptian religion.

The weak cults of the modern world shall submit before the blazing glory of Amun-Ra.

Welp, my plans are cancelled because that’s the best god drat idea I’ve heard in weeks.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Sindai posted:

I didn't realize fabricate claims is now done by your religious councilor. Combined with Catholics not having direct control over that appointment low-skill bishops are going to have an incredibly high mortality rate.

Will no one rid me of this insufficiently turbulent priest?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Swedish Horror posted:

It would be hilarious if you could steal crowns in raids/capturing rulers.

Like sailing down to Rome as the Vikings and just stealing the Pope's clothes.

Careful, it’s a slippery slope from there to Mountain Dew promo digital camouflage breeches

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Bets on when the first anime clothing mod shows up on the workshop? I say 2 weeks

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Isn't that more or less what they did in CK2? If you followed the family tree back there was just a symbol at the root of a Sayyid family tree?

Yep. I guess we get WordArt this time?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They had a weird classification for a pretty inoffensive atelier game that spawned a meme thats used to this day in regards to australias classification system

I think I’ve heard of that one. Irrefundable?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah it's not gonna take long at all.

I'm occasionally reminded that there is a mod that changes all the EU4 country flags into anime schoolgirls. Just... :psypop:

I’m predicting bitter, nationalistic feuds between competing Hetalia mod communities over how to project which bishie onto which territory/dynasty.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Is there a good English language book or something on Burmese history of the period? Historical context tends to make for smoother starts.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Instructions unclear, papacy pressing claims on my holdings.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Of course, there's the Habsburg Failure Mode.

I mean, it kind of requires that you stop letting the defective ones breed.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Jaytan posted:

About 16.5 hours after my post is when the game will drop.

Couldn’t you have posted this yesterday? What’s wrong with you?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Does it always have to be Sunset invasion? One of the little things about Stellaris was having the nature of the end game threat be a little unpredictable.

One game? Aztecs! Next game? The Chinese! After that...hell, I don’t know, time traveling Protestants?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Come to think of it, the new religion system basically supports an early Protestant Reformation right out of the box, right?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I mean, pretenders to titles were certainly a thing, with the land itself coming only as a consequence of that title. And sometimes people just took land they had no legitimate claim to. I think it’s just a catch-all for either a literal fabrication of a claim or the groundwork of getting the right people to not object when you made a naked power grab.

CommunityEdition fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 1, 2020

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

476 would be for the fall of the Roman Empire, I imagine.

No no no, the fall of the Roman Empire in 1453 is the end date!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Jabor posted:

I guess nobody's checking out everybody in the entire world just on the off-chance they can castrate them, then.

If you’ve gotten this far into 2020 without doing just that, you’re a better goon than me.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Gort posted:

Hmm, why do some women not mind that my starting ruler is a hunchback, while others have a 30-point opinion penalty?

Some people are just assholes I guess (he says slouchingly).

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Ok the “publisher has not provided links to their terms” thing is a little sketchy.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Yeah the lack of a realworld-time clock in Paradox games can be kind of a problem.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I’m not sure why people think that Ireland would be calm at the Great Heathen Army start date.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

and then a 40k crusade followed :(

Don’t think that mod’s been spun up yet, give it time.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Eej posted:

Started as the County of Płock and in two generations I'm an Empire attempting to conquer the world!

You should probably try taking Galicia next. You know, to avoid an opinion hit with your primary heir.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I don’t think so. Mod wise, it should not be much more complicated than duping an existing doctrine to get an identical Catholic heresy, right?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
On that note, sure would be nice to I don’t know maybe hold an ecumenical althing to tweak an already reformed religion as paganpope.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
This is what the chastity perk is for, folks. Wife-and-three-concubines just doesn’t make for a stable succession unless you can throttle back the baby making.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Toplowtech posted:

If you are good at intrigue, just make his wife your mistress, he will never know.

Now there’s an idea for getting the most mileage from my eugenics program...

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Hryme posted:

Sweden might need a nerf. Just saying.They can field over 20000 troops in 1020 just from all their enclaves and beating on the british isles. Thats more than the Abbasids and Byzantium.

Presumably, this is part of the contract to make another Sabaton music dlc.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I will counter your mod by putting all Ragnarssons into a single dynasty.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

Ugh I can't believe Catholicism of all things is so frustrating to play.

Don’t know many ex-Catholics, I take it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Oh you absolutely can, but it feels like it triggers much less frequently than the sinful one.

Edit: Catholics just unlocked crusades in 872 despite no catholic heartlands really falling into infidel hands, is it just because a duchy in southern France went Cathar?
Honestly feel it's a bit too easy for Crusades to unlock right now, and it makes playing as certain rulers (mostly the Lothbrok sons) really annoying.

I mean, there was a crusade against Cathars in southern France. Around 1200.