Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Not sure why they do the release at end of workday. Seems more prudent to do it at start so you have people at work if things go wrong. This is of course just me being annoyed it is not released already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
drat it sucks being under a weak liege because they get war declared on constantly and then massive armies run around and siege down my territory without me being able to do anything about it. And every time they siege down my capital it costs a fortune in ransom money. Next time I will try to be a vassal of West Francia instead of Lotharingia.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Sometimes when I grant a county to someone as a duke they stop being my vassal. What is up with that does anyone know?

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
When I chose press all claims in a claim war I seem to only get one of the claims (not de jure wars). Am I doing something wrong?

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Sweden is out of control.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 7, 2020

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
The silver mine in Innsbruck gives +3 gold per month at the lowest upgrade level. It is just great. Is there any other really powerful special sites out there?

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Female dominated is not good because they refuse to marry matrilineally and your vassals do not follow you over to the female dominated succession law it seems. Disappointing. Hope they tweak it.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

redcheval posted:

Also I've seen people mention ctrl-clicking to stop armies amassing before all your levies are raised, but I don't know exactly what this means and haven't been able to get it to work. How does that work?

While the army is raising select it with a left click. Then press and hold Ctrl and right click a province to get them to instantly move towards that province. This works when the game is paused.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 12, 2020

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Sweden might need a nerf. Just saying.They can field over 20000 troops in 1020 just from all their enclaves and beating on the british isles. Thats more than the Abbasids and Byzantium.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

Promethium posted:

This video isn't directly related to CK3 but I thought it might make an interesting bit of dynastic scorekeeping -- there is a strictly matrilineal house that has held an astonishing number of kingdom titles in Europe, including such famous monarchs as Louis XIV, Catherine the Great, and Victoria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl4WtajjMks

Really interesting. Usefulcharts is a very good channel.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
One of the most annoying things with CK3 is that our enemies can pick up new alliances and call them far into a war. I guess I need to check how many kids or siblings they have that are unmarried before declaring, but it is hard to tell what kind of alliances they can get. One of the random things that irritate me with this game.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Aha so the solution is to white peace out before they call them in? The prestige or piety will be lost but not that bad. Don't they consider their new powerful ally's troop count when checking if they want peace so that will make them more likely to reject after signing a new alliance?

I will try that next time that happens instead of getting stomped and run over. In my last game the duke I declared on had no allies when I started the war, and picked up 3 new allies. Was a bit surprising.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 1, 2021

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
My guy is a leper and a drunkard with one leg. Will not die. Annoying.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
I find it ridiculous that when you land your son and heir and negotiate alliance with him as a king, your vassals can still attack him without you being able to do anything about it. I find it extremely unlikely that a king would just watch as one of his subordinates takes the land he gave to his son. I landed him because his son was wandering and could not get an education (because his mother was wandering, I have no clue how that happened). Normally I know landing my heirs is a very bad idea.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 17, 2022

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
The wives of my sons often start wandering. Is this a known bug? It also means that if they get kids they are also wandering.

Edit: My son now inherited and his wife came back. However their son is still wandering and visiting other courts at the nice age of 2. And I can't invite him to my court. I count this as gamebreaking.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 19, 2022

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
No she was the sister of a baron and didn't inherit anything. My son married her when he turned 16 and she was 18. I swayed her to get her to convert to catholicism and then didn't look at her until 6 years later when I wondered why they had no kids yet. When I looked at them I noticed they did have a kid but he was wandering with his mother and I didn't get any notification that he was born. I have no clue why she started wandering. With wandering I mean she and the kid are guests at other courts. Not officially connected to any court.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Fun stuff. I did a holy war against Bohemia at the earliest start with the duke of Austria. For the duchy. After I won it suddenly I lost the whole duchy again about one year after. There was of course a peasant uprising coming because they are not catholic and according to the game it was targeted on me. However I guess my liege was the target and he gave into their demands. Playing a vassal in this game is so stupid. Too bad as I was planning to try the new features and hybridize czech and bavarian culture.

No idea why I bought this DLC. I never learn.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 23, 2022

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Norse and Åsatro is so much better than anything else in the game. I get that it is because it is the only culture/religion with a flavor pack. But with the tempo they are releasing they will be overpowered for years.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
What do you mean handle? Is it a coordination problem?

In my game after the patch the catholics declared an early crusade to take back Rome from me. They attacked with about half their troops first wave. Then after I beat them back they entered with most of their troops. They lost because norse are overpowered especially with adventurer event troops available. But seemed to me that they made a decent attempt.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
I didn't expect the norse to be overpowered for this long so I hope they pick up the pace a bit.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
As a king in gavelkind it is enough to give each secondary son a duchy. They won't get more than that. I use number of sons to guide how many duchies I need to take. And I can't say gavelkind bothers me that much. However when people start to die randomly instead of always getting to 60+ it might be more of an issue if you get quick deaths in a row.

I am not sure about when you are emperor but I seem to remember that one duchy was enough there too if you only have one king title. Not sure though so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

nerf dilligent by making those auto recruit things disabled imo

Haha I like this idea.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
There is something I just don't understand. My top liege Aquitaine is fighting the ducal rebels of Barcelona and Gascony with his ally France. I attack the Duke of Toulouse as my character has a claim on it while this is happening (my liege is the Duke of Aquitaine). My war target calls in his allies the Duke of Gascony and Barcelona. Remember both of those are already in a war with our top liege and his ally France. What doesn't make sense to me is why the King of Aquitaine and France is suddenly hostile to me as we share enemies and our wars are not related? Common enemies means that people are always hostile to each other because you can theoretically siege the same land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah, mutual hostility is kind of a failsafe to allow you to occupy territory that has already been occupied by someone else in a different war against the same war target. Without this, situations can arise where wars just get stuck because occupation of the war target is split between two separate wars, which means neither of them get ticking warscore because they don't have full occupation. The way the AI seems to treat this mutual hostility is a "stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours" approach, where they will siege territory you've already occupied if it's part of their wargoal, but they won't go out of their way to attack your troops.

All right. They followed the duke of Gascony into a fight with me and supported him in that fight even though they are at war with each other. Slightly weird I would say but I can understand why it is organized like this to prevent endless wars.