Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Raged posted:

Is there a reason we can't preorder this on steam?

I managed to preorder from Paradox directly from Aus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
There hasn't even been a submission by Paradox's third party according to the Australian Board of Classification, all RC items are listed online once it has been refused classification.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

The issue wrt Australia is that Paradox's third party just hasn't submitted anything to review for classification, if it was RC'd it'd be published.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

game good, anyone having issues with the keyboard not registering though?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

https://steamdb.info/app/1158310/graphs/
Currently 91k concurrent players with a peak near 100k. Wowee

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

My Marshal has 22 Martial and 44 Prowess, in one battle he killed 164 people, including 4 enemy champions, single handedly. The absolute Berseker Jarl.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Is Scandinavian Elective basically like partition but with a vote? Do all my titles go to my nominated heir?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

do we know whether its better to have more effective knights, cheaper men-at-arms or more levies? trying to decide between duchy buildings right now in an effort to get Ireland a swole enough military to actually fight its neighbors

Kinda depends, I had the gallant tree filled out and a family renown perk of improved knights so I ended up with a retinue of 10+ knights who would routinely kill 40+ enemies each

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

having a gr8 time baybeeeeee

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Nuclear War posted:

Is there a way to raise just my household troops? Sometimes you just wanna fight off some raiders, and not raise 9000 levies

you can place a rally banner where you want and go 'rally local levies' but that depends how built up that area is

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The only problem is, Björn is almost 70 years old and could die at any moment, and I'm worried about what's going to happen to the succession. Literally everyone loves the poo poo out of Björn and his 26 diplomacy, but that's not going to be the case for his heir. All the kingdoms are going to end up going to different children, some of which are wee babs (the king keeps, allegedly, producing more of them). What's the best way of making sure this doesn't implode in a hilarious pile of jarls all deciding the best time to assassinate the new king is right now?

I passed Scandinavian Elective, hooked a number of electors and forced them to all vote for my nominated heir across 6 kingdoms.
Or rush for Empire of Scandinavia and make that your primary title.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Glass of Milk posted:

My steward, who is unmarried, was having an affair with my spymaster, who is unmarried. This apparently is a Secret that gives you a hook on them. I'm not sure why

Fornicatin'? That's a paddlin'.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Going full Gallant as vikings is hilarious. You can easily take on armies twice or triple your size. It basically turns your champions into supermen.

Early on, tribal armies with 10+ Blademaster Beserkers absolutely chews through levies. And as your men at arms are formed and maintained with prestige, you can make some early land grabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

First game back as Haestein went well, conquered Sicily, ended up living until 102, forged several artifacts.

Grandson ended up reforging his armour into a purple set that added 8 prowess (to a viking no-less!) and reduced friendly casualties by 8%. I can see artifacts being absolutely broken and making combat even more trivial than usual but the roleplay and character interactions are totally worth it.