Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Fintilgin posted:

Not sure why I get so many invites (high diplomacy maybe) but some of my rulers seem to get invited to an insane number of feasts, making stress an absolute non-issue.

My current ruler is both an Eager Reveler and Athletic, so feasts and hunts both kill stress for me. Really helps out when I go against my humble nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

The "20" living members of the Makedon dynasty.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

There should be a EU4-peace-treaty-style window where you can divvy up your titles and all your children can give you a thumbs up or thumbs down.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Anyone know how to deal with constant outbreaks of heresy? I can't convert anything because catholic fervor is constantly in the tank, and half the people who accept my demands to convert go right back to being cathar the next day.

Also, my sister, the Queen of Jerusalem, who went and got herself the throne in a crusade, seems to have missed the point and converted to Islam. Pretty sure that's not how being a crusader king is supposed to work...

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Crusaders converting to Islam is also pretty common in the game right now - I think the AI is coded to try to convert culture/religion to match its capital if it can, to avoid the popular opinion penalty for being mismatched and to try to avoid populist factions.

Funny story, I've gone another six months and now she's converted to Khabarite Judaism... and changed culture from Franconian German to Khazar Turkic. She doesn't have the fickle or lunatic traits, so I'm pretty stumped at this one.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

TGLT posted:

One of the high medieval Slavic techs makes the promote culture task go 15% faster, and with a good steward you can flip a county every 3 years. Honestly the only issue I've been having with it is I can't find how to actually view regions.

That would be because the 'regions' are custom defined for a number of different mechanics and are not always mutually exclusive, so they're buried in the game files with no way to easily see them. There are Mongol Conquest regions, Great Holy War Target regions, Roman province regions, regions for elephants and camels...

The Ostsiedlung tech defines Eastern Germany as the duchies of Pommerania, Nordmark, Pomerelia, Ostmark, Anhalt, Angria, Westfalen, Ostfalen, Meissen, Lausitz, Holstein, Thuringia, Bohemia, and Moravia.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

TorakFade posted:

With that in mind, what's a good start for "tall play" where I can have fun with small-scale wars and consolidation, then managing my small dukedom/kingdom/empire without feeling like I absolutely have to expand?

Set yourself a goal that doesn't involve conquest. For example, Kill All Karlings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I would simply have some self-respect and not marry any filthy stinking peasants.