Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jakabite posted:

Mmmm I might have to get this. An improved tutorial system sounds nice.

Also what is SotS 2? Googling brings up an old 4X called Sword of the Stars 2 but there’s no indication that a remake is being made?

Naw you've got it, it's an infamous case of why you never pre-order. SOTS1 is a beloved classic, 2 was an unbelievable shitshow (or so I hear.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Dang, that religious write-up is great, thanks.

Hearing that the egyptian faith is apparently in in addition to hellenic is super cool! I've got a thing for pagans, and taking things that lost horribly historically and making them succeed. I plan on a bunch of Africa games, so that'll definitely work it's way into one of them at some point.

Undecided on my first game. I loved Africa in ck2, so all the attention the region has gotten in 3 has me super excited for another game there. I also have a soft spot for baltic pagans - got fond memories of being a teenager playing Stainless Steel for Medieval total war 2, and playing lots of games as pagan Lithuania, so that's also high on the list. Part of me also thinks I should get a standard christian game out of the way to learn the ropes before diving into the crazier poo poo. The crazy heresy system makes that way more palatable this time around.

It's a good sign that there are so many regions that all sound so tempting this time around, even without any DLC.