Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think MaA's not having any like, gathering time or anything plays into the stability of at least player controlled huge blobs if not AI ones. Once you have a large enough realm you can just raise and disband your regiments anywhere in your realm and just snipe vassal capitals that are rebelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
To be honest I sort of dont understand why MaA arent always raised and like, raising them refills their morale or something. I guess that would just make them EU4 armies though.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Wrr posted:

Hey just had a thought. . . . should I NOT be creating every empire title can I can? If I only had one empire title, would that prevent my realm from getting crazy divided upon succession and thus make me not have to send my 10,000 terrible sons to their deaths?

I usually dont make a bunch of top-level titles because every redundant title you have is another one a faction can press a claimant for.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You can destroy the papacy by vassalizing the pope and then revoking all his titles, but if he's unlanded you cant do that, which sucks.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Trevor Hale posted:

This reminds me: I had a decision disappear on me and it pissed me off. I was going to reunify the Carolignian borders. I had just conquered Bavaria and only had northern Italy to go, and now the decision is just gone.

If you're the head of the HRE it disallows that decision.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I was incredibly sad to realize that the elevate kingdom of mann decision reforms you so I couldnt get the "Form North Sea Empire As A Tribal" achievement

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Raskolnikov38 posted:

convert to Russian? You’ve still got the Norse name it gives you for Russia

You can do it as Norse culture, I think the one ukonsko province below the baltics might be part of de jure Russia? Cause you can definitely do it if the branches of Islam are different

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I def had to cut back MaAs when reforming from tribal because there's almost no way you'll have the infrastructure to support your regiments with gold in the same way you can as tribal with limitless prestige. If you relocate to a developed capital duchy while reforming it might be easier.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You dont even need to destroy your title, I dont think debt carries over between characters.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I wonder if the pillars and ethoses will allow cool things like assigning militarily important and economically important lands to different cultures. Like how in some medieval societies like the Seljuks the military and the administrative duties would be handled by people belonging to different ethnic groups.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
IMO one of the easiest ways to mitigate feudalizing woes is to just conquer an already feudal core of territories and drive control down on them. When you go feudal just make that your new personal demesne.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Neurion posted:

How do you go about driving control down like that?

One of the martial focuses has a natural control growth perk. I forget if tribal rulers get the martial job to up control but if they do that, and also waiting a while after conquest to reach its equilibrium.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you have too few titles that partition will gently caress up your realm you simply have to conquer more titles

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

KingKapalone posted:

I'm confused by holdings too. There are 5 or so spots in the county with the button that say create holding but I can't click it because it says there's no hiding to create. So then I'm just limited to the one holding and it's 4 building slots. Some have more building slots but says there are no buildings which is probably because there are only 4 to pick from? How does development level go up?

The brothers were getting the extra duchys from a young age.

Tribal counties can only a single temple as their extra barony I think, you'll want to build buildings in your capital tribe. Development goes up over time and because of councillor actions I think, but getting development as a tribe is hard.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I really liked being able to roll over dudes with massed gendarmes in my Karling Roman game

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
For the "Mother Of Us All" achievement does Coptic count as an african religion?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You can also just convert from the religions screen I think

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Guzba posted:

I think martial's probably a good sorting stat for this but for anyone newish wanting to try this you actually want high prowess for your knights. Duelist traits or physical stats (Strong/huge etc.) are good indicators for candidates as well.
AFAIK there is no way to see prowess without opening each potential character's character sheet.

Also when you open the "make knight" page it sorts them by their prowess.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like only using cultural MaA and like, having to convert culture in regions where my native MaA selection has deficiencies. tbh, I think it'd be cool if the game was set up like that, with more cultures having multiple MaA and the focus being on spreading your culture and interacting with other ones to get different unit types instead of just like, generic heavy infantry and stuff

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The conversion part of "Mother of Us All" is absolutely miserable, I shouldnt have chosen Islamic Syncreticism as a tenet...

Also will lowering crown authority after changing to a single heir succession law change my succession law?

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 15, 2022

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

MikeC posted:

you mean hand out titles to the kids pre-emptively? How does that work with partition?

If you give them titles like.... equivalent to what they wouldve inherited normally I THINK it'll stop them from auto-inheriting poo poo, so you can like, avoid a lot of title distribution randomness

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Started as the one count in Ireland that has a Norse province in 1066 to make the Norse-gael culture. Then won a crusade for Syria with the grandson of the founder of Norse-gael culture and was THEN able to buy a claim on the Byzantines (really op perk) and take over the empire. Swapped to Greek just to stave off factions, but am gonna switch back to Norse-garl and make a sick combo culture with greek, this expansion owns.

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 10, 2022

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm still absolutely confused by Partition, even High Partition. I am the King of Brittany with 11 counties in my personal demesne in the European mainland, with Absolute Crown Authority. I have 6 sons, so I holy warred the Kingdom of England for land to have them settle in. Two duchies apiece for all but my second son, who I designated as my player heir through election laws for the Kingdom of Brittany and my two main duchies. By my understanding under High Partition, the player heir is guaranteed to get my highest title (Kingdom of Brittany), the capital duchy title of the realm and the capital county itself (Anjou, which drifted under Brittany de jure) at bare minimum. Instead he loving gets the three titles and a coastal county in my second duchy, period, and the first son gets everything else in the mainland on top of his new holdings in England. The gently caress is going on?

I think it's because you didnt use designate heir or something.... So like, your primary title goes to your second son because of elective but your first son gets most of the stuff because he's the prime heir under your house's own succession system of high partition...? No clue if this is actually true lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This focus on cultures is just reminding me of how there are barely any clothes in the game, everyone from like, the seljuks to the han chinese are all just dressed in mongolian clothes and it's sorta super jarring...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think the breakpoint for not joining factions is 80, and vassals cant join a faction against you if you're in an alliance, which makes characters that practice polygamy (or even concubinage just for the extra kids) absurdly stable.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Doing a mongol run, but the seljuks just completely shattered and when I get to Persia I'm loving DREADING having to fight a bajillion small duchies.

E: Also I like the house system but it makes me sad when cultures that use dynastic names like.... use the house system. Like, I'll look at Persia and be like "Oh are the Seljuks gone?" when I see a different name but no, it's just a different Seljuk house that won a claimant war or something.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've always thought that adding Ghilman and poo poo in the game would do a lot to make the late-game when you're a huge empire really interesting. Like... relying on slave-soldiers can make you really militarily powerful and counteract the need to appease clan vassals but you also have to keep them happy in your court or else they'll try to overthrow you.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I want nomads or church politics. No nomad gov or catholic politics system is "major fail"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Are there any mods that add more clothes without making the checksum ineligible for achievements? I love the Historical Immersion Project stuff but also wanna do some cheevo runs.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I sorta liked regencies in that they only like... slightly limited diplomacy due to their personality. You could also try marrying them off or shuffling around vassalage to displace your current regent, which I thought was cool cause it really felt like engaging in court politics. Just wish it had been expanded upon or something.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If he's in your court you should be able to matrilineally betroth him so you'd get claims on the French throne in your dynasty even if he loses the revolt.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I may have already said this, but I hope there's an expansion that changes MAA. Like, change the weighting so the AI specializes more but also make more MAA types easily available, or maybe give access to specific cultural types depending on how many vassals of that culture you have. It'd be cool if like, giving land to nomadic peoples gave you access to horse archers or something instead of relying on them to raise their own levies to be able to use them.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You can also hover over the prestige number requirement and it'll tell you the modifiers to get discounts, if you wanna check quickly in-game!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
pdox perfected war, sieges, and courtly politics in the game Imperator: Rome, which was killed before its time...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Maybe it's geared more for an empire that manages to unite Iberia or something.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Locking more clothes mods behind the checksum saving variables is a sin and betrayal on par with Sunset Invasion and I will never forgot the "p-dox" devs for it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Well, I'm not.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
What I'm really excited about are the Iberian clothes we saw a little of in the preview...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Intrigue was great for my rise of the Ghurids run because at that start date barely anyone has a large family; which lets you just murder your liege and everyone who inherits their title until you end up inheriting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
tbh I'm sorta excited about the struggle system. I feel like it can be used for really interesting stuff like the Northern Crusades, investiture crisis, and the rise of turkic beyliks in Anatolia....

It's super cool cause I feel like it's gonna be a common framework to make areas of the map feel unique

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 3, 2022