Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I wonder if HIP or CK2+ will make the move, love those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I’m definitely taking the basques to their rightful place as rulers of Western Europe

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Might go for my classic Prussia as the Old Prussians run, for some reason I really like the Baltic and giving stateless peoples a kingdom

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Randarkman posted:

I was running an observer game to check out the effects of a tweak I made to an event, and this couple in Germany caught my eye...

And yes, they've got children. Two sons.

Lmao

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Is there any way to get rid of coping traits

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Byzantines are insanely strong every game and never break up, as is tradition

At least the HRE tends to fracture pretty regularly. Still love this game

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

There’s a mod that stops the weird Viking exclaves popping up everywhere btw. Works pretty well imo

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2222647541&searchtext=

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Anything on a new patch? The tendency of Byz to blob all over the eastern med + italy is really annoying me for some reason.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

drat, that's a big rear end hare

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Daktar posted:

Mending the schism may well be within my grasp.

And close-kin marriage allows for some truly horrible relationships.

What the heck is an anglian empire

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Can you not integrate over sea provinces? I’d like to make sardinia part of a Kingdom of Sicily and Sardinia but the option isn’t available. Destroyed the Corsica and Sardinia kingdom already.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

megane posted:

Drift doesn't care about physical location. Stuff only drifts into your primary title for some reason, so duchies will never drift in if you're an emperor. That might be the problem.

I’m the king of Sicily/Trinacrina

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

My last two rulers died of natural causes...at 21 and 29. That doesn’t seem natural!!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Reveilled posted:

Some scattered thoughts on that front:
Right now the game's diplomatic range always includes everyone in your realm. Should that be the case? Maybe if you're ruling France from Constantinople, the french should be outside your diplomatic range in some way, maybe letting them choose if they keep to your feudal contract or ignore it (maybe letting them declare war even if your laws don't allow it, but in turn being declared upon won't bring you in).

I mean this is pretty much how it happened irl, but within france.
The French king had to go on pretty regular expeditions to the south to keep vassals in line who were inclined to ignore him when he left

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Have they fixed the Mongol conquests being an anticlimactic little squirt that disappears within a decade yet?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

You can also bootstrap yourself into feudalism early by becoming the vassal of a feudal lord, could’ve been that

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Norse were the most fun in CK2 and I have high hopes for them in CK3

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Anno posted:

Ah ok I see. The Varangian Adventures target either a county or a duchy. Doesn’t have to be independent. You still have to beat the King of Italy, but your reward is whichever of his duchies/counties you chose when declaring.

Also there’s a new mod that adds some more melting pots for Norse culture, including one for Tuscany, if you want to change into something else while retaining your fun Norse techs.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2431631297&searchtext=

Did you guys miss this mod? Looks neat. Also lol @ the username “average cousin enjoyer”

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Yeah, if they revisit the AI this will be the best paradox gfame of the current generation. Currently that goes to Rome: Inmperator, the AI of which can and will stomp you

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Midnight Voyager posted:

Their avatar + username is great.

Lmao, is that Charles?? Didn’t even notice the avatar

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

PittTheElder posted:

I can't believe it's been half a year and Exclave Independence still doesn't do anything

Pdox has really poo poo the bed this time, CK2 was way better at this point in its life

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Are single duchy kingdoms immune to de jure shift?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Quorum posted:

I don't believe so, which makes them good targets for drifting their only duchy into a neighboring kingdom so you have a free titular kingdom to hold onto or distribute (if that's the kind of thing you feel like bothering with).

I’m trying to get Sardinia the duchy to drift into Sicily the kingdom. It isn’t working.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

binge crotching posted:

Do you own the kingdom of Sardinia? If you own the dejure title you can't normally drift it into something else. Are you able to run the councilor task to speed up integration?

I can run it in other places but not Sardinia! It’s very annoying. And no i have not created the kingdom

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

How do they determine things like that? Is there evidence that these local leaders still thought of themselves as Frankish instead of French?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They just make crap up because it’s a game. It’s 867 dude.

Cmon man no need to be rude. I like these games because of their (pretense) of historical accuracy

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Man. I was really hoping this game would be approaching CK2 levels of fun at this point.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Why is Reddit so mad about this dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I still can’t drift Sardinia into the Kingdom of Trinacrina, the same issue which made me quit last time!! So frustrating!!