Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

bgreman posted:

I really hope After the End eventually makes the transition to CK3. I've played it more than vanilla.

Same, that’s a terrific mod. Honestly CK2 had several really excellent mods; I’m definitely buying CK3, and I hope against hope that we see AtE and AGoT and others make their way over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Can I reform Frisia? I’m gonna reform Frisia.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Why isn’t it CK3 time yet. Why do I have sleep and then work?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I’ve got what may be a dumbass question, but I was struggling to find the answer elsewhere:

How long are the CK2 challenges for unlockable cosmetics in CK3 available? Like, when this game launches in 2 hours am I boned, or could I theoretically do those challenges at any time to add to my CK3 dolly dress-up wardrobe?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Even having a good bit of experience with CK2, playing the Tutorial here was really helpful just to learn the new UI and a few of the new mechanics.

Game seems Very Good and Very Crusader Kings. Looking forward to ransoming and/or killing a few of my prisoners later (one of my conquered foe’s son and grandson, lol).

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I swear to god I enabled Ironman before starting my current game in order to get achievements. Played for a couple hours, didn’t see anything pop up, went and checked after my save and Ironman is off. What the gently caress.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

TotalHell posted:

I swear to god I enabled Ironman before starting my current game in order to get achievements. Played for a couple hours, didn’t see anything pop up, went and checked after my save and Ironman is off. What the gently caress.

Figured this out, and it turns out I am indeed a moron!

For anyone else who might experience this: my mistake was selecting Ironman BEFORE I chose “Play any character in 867/1066.” Choosing that resets everything. So if you want to play Ironman as a non-suggested character, pick the “Play as any character” option first, THEN mess with your game settings.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I like that seemingly even if you start as the same character more than once, their traits and talent trees will be seemingly randomized (or at least I assume considering I tried the same start twice and the same ruler had different traits and perks).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Sometimes you’re playing this game and your 9-year-old ruler gets targeted by two separate wars of religious conquest and a border war from the Khanate of Bulgaria all at the same time.

Game still owns though, specially because I can say things like “Khanate of Bulgaria.”