Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i'm all out of faith. this is how i feeeel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

im cold and I am shamed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well I'm not really laughing about it but yeah nothing seems to be happening

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pardot posted:

im cold and I am shamed

I guess I’m lying naked on the floor

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
selling will be the death of the forums. we’ve survived all these years through absentee landlordism, incompetent management, and a code base so broken that making changes was impossible.

if anyone tries to fix this it’s over.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Achmed Jones posted:

well I'm not really laughing about it but yeah nothing seems to be happening

wonder why they're stalling

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

why lowtax is stalling? cause he has no life skills or ability to support himself, and if he sells the forums he'd have to get a new job. he's betting (probably correctly) that this will blow over and he'll get to keep making money without actually doing anything

don't get me wrong, I could be totally off base, but that's how it looks to me. if I had faith that he'd actually make the sale, nothing has happened that obviously cuts against that (lawyer stuff takes a long time). but I can't really see him selling. this is the only place in the world where he has something resembling power

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

his McMansion is doomed either way

rip

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i want a new av but i'm not going to pay for it

why must lowtax make us suffer

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lowtax begged for medical bill money while leasing a fuckin expensive anime car

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lowtax begged for medical bill money while leasing a fuckin expensive anime car

yah

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The Management posted:

selling will be the death of the forums. we’ve survived all these years through absentee landlordism, incompetent management, and a code base so broken that making changes was impossible.

if anyone tries to fix this it’s over.

The Management posted:

I guess I’m lying naked on the floor

The illusion never changed into something real

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

The Management posted:

we’ve survived all these years through absentee landlordism, incompetent management, and a code base so broken that making changes was impossible.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm sorry?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's entirely possible (probable even) that awful llc is the legal owner of all of lowtax's stuff, so i imagine that clusterfuck is going to take a while to unwind, especially in cases where it's not so much owned as leased and lowtax would be taking on a shitload of debt or something by acquiring it.

tl;dr: probably every two-bit finance trick in the book is employed somewhere in there and jeffrey is in the unenviable position of trying to extricate a website from that

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
let these forums die!!!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Coffee Jones posted:

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

I don’t even remember why I did that.

infernal machines posted:

it's entirely possible (probable even) that awful llc is the legal owner of all of lowtax's stuff, so i imagine that clusterfuck is going to take a while to unwind, especially in cases where it's not so much owned as leased and lowtax would be taking on a shitload of debt or something by acquiring it.

tl;dr: probably every two-bit finance trick in the book is employed somewhere in there and jeffrey is in the unenviable position of trying to extricate a website from that

the GTR is leased by all of us

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
loling

the forums can never truly change hands because their eldritch code resides in the chaos realm

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's a bit embarassing having the donation popsicle stick now, but how the gently caress could I have known lol

change that poo poo to a lollipop cause I"m a sucker

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's a bit embarassing having the donation popsicle stick now, but how the gently caress could I have known lol

same, op

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yeah,

yeah

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

The Management posted:

I don’t even remember why I did that.

sorry for the confusion - you were talking about absentee landlords
I meant the profile page has Yahoo and AIM and that poo poo's that's been officially end-of-lifed since 2017 and it makes it look like nobody's been steering the ship the better part of a decade.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that's entirely true and to be honest, probably why this place survived

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
how much does one dead Internet forum run these days?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

r u ready to WALK posted:

his McMansion is doomed either way

rip

truly a doomed house

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
a house doomvided

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:effort:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i was going for the doom house ref but either way

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah i was just playing off what you posted but it was dumb and didn’t make sense. :slick:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i think the string in the profile is when we signed up for a goon torrent tracker or somethin idk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

i think the string in the profile is when we signed up for a goon torrent tracker or somethin idk

it's for various trackers and goon guilds

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

got to prove your membership to this exclusive club

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ploft-shell crab posted:

how much does one dead Internet forum run these days?

depends who owns it, i guess

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it’s just an eleven month wait each year until my av is relevant again I can wait :rip:

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
I mean there's probably a bunch of red tape and administrative stuff involved and it's august

dunno how it works in trumpland but in france you wouldn't expect anything to move in august

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure a team of lawyers is working around the clock on making this extremely complicated deal happen, with Jeffrey being on conference calls at all hours of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's more likely that lowtax structured a bunch of poo poo via awful llc. to hide income/assets from the wives, and now jeffrey either gets all of that along with the website (not happening) or they have to unwind it and transfer them elsewhere (complicated, especially if lowtax no longer qualifies for the financing he used to get the stuff in the first place). selling a company that owns a website brand and assets isn't that hard, i somehow doubt that all of what's going on here though