Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

it's more likely that lowtax structured a bunch of poo poo via awful llc. to hide income/assets from the wives, and now jeffrey either gets all of that along with the website (not happening) or they have to unwind it and transfer them elsewhere (complicated, especially if lowtax no longer qualifies for the financing he used to get the stuff in the first place). selling a company that owns a website brand and assets isn't that hard, i somehow doubt that all of what's going on here though

Yep. That's the going assumption.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

out of his mind on pain meds and cookies. rock bottom.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

akadajet posted:

Yep. That's the going assumption.

i'm willing to bet it did not occur to lowtax that he would no longer qualify for his leases, financing, etc. if he had to transfer them from awful llc., when he first agreed to the sale. so now he's stuck losing whatever, and on the hook for the penalties, but obviously they're not going with the company if jeffrey buys it.

i could see him being a lot less cooperative with the sale process if that suddenly became apparent. either that, or he's still trying to find some way to shuffle them to someone else who can "afford" them, so he can keep them, which would slow things down plenty too.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
right now the parties are far apart on a few key issues

lowtax is demanding a hefty annual gourmet cookie allowance for perpetuity. Jeff's last offer was two full years of cookie money at 2020 prices, with partial payments to the end of FY 2025.

clearly a lot of work left to do

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

right now the parties are far apart on a few key issues

lowtax is demanding a hefty annual gourmet cookie allowance for perpetuity. Jeff's last offer was two full years of cookie money at 2020 prices, with partial payments to the end of FY 2025.

clearly a lot of work left to do

i heard something about an option on mangosteen futures too.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

r u ready to WALK posted:

his McMansion is doomed either way

rip

bahahahahaha

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s like that comic about the dwarf fortress learnjng curve. you know the one.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

there's probably taxes that never got filed for the llc cause the site made close to zero dollars some ywars

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol still waiting

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

even if this was as straightforward as can be expected by such a fly-by-night operation it'd be very optimistic to think it'd be done by now. it'll likely unfortunately drag for quite some time.

also the greatest risk to the forums now is not lowtax reneging and keeping the site, it is that a qualified accountant is brought in and finds layers of debt and illegal poo poo which forces it into bankruptcy (at which point even jeffrey likely steps away).

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no matter what happens there will be plentiful lols and lmaos and perhaps even a lomarf or two

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pram posted:

no matter what happens there will be plentiful lols and lmaos and perhaps even a lomarf or two

good that's what I'm here for

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
bankruptcy is the ideal case. the lender would want to sell this hot turd as soon as possible, and it’s not like anyone else a going to pay for it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the shadow of conde nast flits by, almost unseen

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also, having been tangentially involved in the sale of several web/tech properties via a bankruptcy trustee, yeah, that would be the fastest way to get things moving. they will do their damnedest to get it on the market and out the door asap. the only time i've ever seen delays in the process is on the buyer's end.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the shadow of conde nast flits by, almost unseen

the lad bible presents something awful

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol the forums still aren't sold yet

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

akadajet posted:

lol the forums still aren't sold ye

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

President Beep posted:

it’s like that comic about the dwarf fortress learnjng curve. you know the one.

i don't actually

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I lold

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lolling intensifies.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:freakout:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just lol if you aren't loling

pram
Jun 10, 2001
m'lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I liked the forums before they sold out

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

I liked the forums before they sold out

But they haven't sold yet, out or otherwise. :confused:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like how you guys lol

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
lol

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That is going to be some enormous lawyer fee after months of work and no sale happening.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is this the thread where we post “lol” in a vain attempt to expiate our guilt for having financially and culturally supported a serial spouse-abuser, even as the pattern of his behavior became clearer and clearer?

Because, if so:
lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Is this the thread where we post “lol” in a vain attempt to expiate our guilt for having financially and culturally supported a serial spouse-abuser, even as the pattern of his behavior became clearer and clearer?

Because, if so:
lol

No, sorry, that's next door

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

No, sorry, that's next door

Goddamnit.

:mad:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Schadenboner posted:

Because, if so:
lol

to be fair, it was a really hosed up looking spine

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Schadenboner posted:

Because, if so:
lol

i got my account on a gift cert but rip you

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

every post is a reflection of my sins

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Yeah but have you considered that refreshing the forums with ad-block on and without paying anything increases the bandwidth bills so if I stop shitposting I'm saving a serial abuser money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

El Mero Mero posted:

Yeah but have you considered that refreshing the forums with ad-block on and without paying anything increases the bandwidth bills so if I stop shitposting I'm saving a serial abuser money?

:hmmyes::hf::justpost::hf::posthaste: