Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

big lol at the new pinned admin topic on my bookmarks list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i think the most surprising thing is that this seems to be the first time in these 20 years loxtax's parents have been dragged into this

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the pinning abilities of a forums owner are quite impressive

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I wonder why lowtax thinks that it's SA who are the ones doing it

it's not like there are multiple offsites obsessed with bringing him down or anything that are likely to be to blame for this or anything oh wait

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

who is lowtax

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

hes from the frontpage

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I give as much of a poo poo about him that he does about me although I’d never post that because he has the power to ban me for no reason and man oh man do I not want being banned to be on my permanent record because I’m a geeky nerdy nerd person and not a hunky buff hetro farmer bloke man

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i wish i cared about anything as much as these psychos care about some wife beating rear end in a top hat

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i wish i cared about anything as much as these psychos care about some wife beating rear end in a top hat

I quit being a mod twelve years ago and randos will still occasionally bug me about it, I can't imagine the obsessive crank level some of these dudes have for vastly higher profile folks

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

qirex posted:

I quit being a mod twelve years ago and randos will still occasionally bug me about it, I can't imagine the obsessive crank level some of these dudes have for vastly higher profile folks

lol owned

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

qirex posted:

i've been meaning to ask you, how was that rap concert?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

akadajet posted:

i've been meaning to ask you, how was that rap concert?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT posted:

that really loving blows if weirdos are swatting lowtax's parents

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Management posted:

half of website owned by zack parsons, whose next of kin is proving difficult to find

Wait, is :godwinning: Tank Boi :rip:?

:ohdear:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
one day the mysteries of the picture of qirex at a rap concert will be revealed to us

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

PIZZA.BAT posted:

why would it be goons anyway :question:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

remember edgar from men in black? you won’t believe what he’s up to now!!!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Crime on a Dime posted:

why would it be goons anyway :question:

good point

it sucks that people are harassing his parents

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

PIZZA.BAT posted:

good point

it sucks that people are harassing his parents

The correct time to have harassed The Wifebeater's parents would have been in health class: stressing the importance of birth control, that he might not have been shat into the world and brought us mediocre Quake journalism (his most lasting and net-positive cultural contribution).

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I’m glad that jeff is stepping up but loving lol at the idea of wanting to own sa

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

one day the mysteries of the picture of qirex at a rap concert will be revealed to us
I'm not mad about that even though loinworm was my posting nemesis because it was a genuinely funny joke

maybe I'll take one someday if there's ever concerts again and auction it, once upon a time in shaolin style [for charity]

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

per fyad, someone posted his parents' address in the chat feed of his gaming garbage stream, possibly because they thought it was his address.

how exactly this equates to swatting or why we're the prime suspects is known only to lowtax

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i've read plenty of stories about moron kids calling in swat raids in game streams so not reasonable of an assumption that's the intended message

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

infernal machines posted:

per fyad, someone posted his parents' address in the chat feed of his gaming garbage stream, possibly because they thought it was his address.

how exactly this equates to swatting or why we're the prime suspects is known only to lowtax

ah, yes, gaming garbage, taking place in a venue restricted to something awful posters.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

akadajet posted:

i've read plenty of stories about moron kids calling in swat raids in game streams so not reasonable of an assumption that's the intended message

uh huh, sure. or, if we were to look at the pattern of behaviour, we might get the impression that sometimes lowtax make claims that are exaggerated or arguably untrue

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol

edited to avoid "importing garbage", surely we produce enough of that here

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 16, 2020

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

man, this guy's been provably lying about literally every single thing, for years. but this time, this time i'm sure he's telling the truth

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

more like lietax

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

no amount of lowtax badness justifies the existence of kiwifarms though, it's literally a community of abusers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

has anyone suggested that?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

has anyone suggested that?

i'm right now suggesting that's probably where any doxxing attempts come from and not this place

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh, yeah, most likely.

and my posts are just to point out the gulf between "some fuckwad posted an address in the chat of a livestream approximately no one watches" and "goons are swatting my cancer ridden mother"

idgaf about kiwifarms or any of the other broke brain obsessive offsites spawned by people too hosed up to be tolerated on something awful dot com

mystes
May 31, 2006

I can't wait until it it's announced that the forums have finally been sold but rather than to Jeffrey of YOSPOS they've been sold to Nvidia or Oracle or a private equity company.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mystes posted:

I can't wait until it it's announced that the forums have finally been sold but rather than to Jeffrey of YOSPOS they've been sold to Nvidia or Oracle or a private equity company.

bain capital turns cspam moderation over to turning point usa

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe don't post weird Kiwifams tweetstorms.

mystes posted:

Did you know the forums run on 3 billion devices?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i quoted a post from qcs, idk who the gently caress the twitter person is

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You reposted some weird garabge imported from Kiwifarms.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it's unreasonable to expect that people stay balls deep in offsite drama gossip and lurk KF to vet some tweets dragging lowtax. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's not worth cancelling infernal machines over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
When the tweets literally mention and screenshot Kiwifarms it seems pretty easy to "vet". The account even uses the nazi frog as an avatar. It also doesn't provide any reasoning for why the conclusion that it was all fake is warranted.