Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

seems like the bar to be called a nazi is pretty low

like doesn’t seem like you need to want genocide or a centrally controlled economy

no ones worried about the term nazi being watered down?

also is nazi poo poo bidirectional? like if poc make claims that you’d call a while person a nazi for, does that make them a nazi too or are they exempt

you're gonna get dragged for this post and it's because most of us are americans and we're trying to handle a genuine nazi problem right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echi I know that you are a decent fulla and I don’t really think you are a nazi apologist. hth

but, the way you phrased that earlier post is very much the kind of dog whistle language you see everywhere which is used to cover very dark beliefs. It’s not theoretical or just internet poo poo anymore, it’s leading to people’s deaths, suffering, misery. The reason that people sling ‘Nazi’ around so much these days is that we have literal nazis shooting up mosques and marching in the streets

It’s also useful to think about the difference between racial prejudice and systemic racism. an individual like you or I will work hard to treat people fairly and without prejudice but that doesn’t mean we’re not part of a system that doesn’t offer equal opportunity and respect to marginalised groups. Changing a system is a lot harder than changing an individual’s beliefs. Atm the system seems to be swinging way over to the fascist side despite (I think) a generally more tolerant attitude in society at large

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

echinopsis posted:

and perhaps it’s tone deaf to be asking questions about the details

it’s not that it’s tone deaf

it’s that “people just call anyone they disagree with a Nazi” is literally a fascist dogwhistle, in the sense that actual Nazis say this to try to discredit people who are calling them out for being Nazis

so when you ask a question that can be interpreted as being close to that, some will worry that you’re either a Nazi yourself or unwittingly repeating their dogwhistles

remember that the Trump administration has all but come right out and said that they want to create an authoritarian and theocratic ethnostate regardless of the results of an election just a month and a half away so for lots and lots of people this is an imminent threat to their lives and there’ll be a bit of heightened sensitivity

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

like doesn’t seem like you need to want genocide ... no ones worried about the term nazi being watered down?

it might surprise you to learn that hitler did not publicly announce his love of genocide, and arguments of this form was no doubt made on the streets of 1943 germany (except with some other known evil slotted in for 'nazi').

echinopsis posted:

or a centrally controlled economy

this is not an aspect of nazism.

echinopsis posted:

also is nazi poo poo bidirectional? like if poc make claims that you’d call a while person a nazi for, does that make them a nazi too or are they exempt

there's been a lot of giving you the benefit of the doubt about some lovely posts over the last week, so let me just explicitly say that it not only makes me think a lot less of you that you would state this question, but i am also 50/50 on whether you are playing dumb while trying to stir the worst kind of poo poo.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
reregged in the year of our lord 20 and 20 as I near the supple age of 40 to ride the bomb into the ground while waving my hat and yee-hawing*

* shitposting

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Kernel Sanders posted:

reregged in the year of our lord 20 and 20 as I near the supple age of 40 to ride the bomb into the ground while waving my hat and yee-hawing*

* shitposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

echinopsis posted:

saclopedia>N>Nazi

if someone annoys you they are a chud. if you have a personal dislike for them they are a nazi.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i did nazi that entry yet

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

KoRMaK posted:

the "just asking questions" bit is a thing that facist have been doing for a while. And, I'm assuming naively, you are doing that currently to ask questions because your genuinely curious, BUT, it's kind of triggering for people that have already been through witnessing this pattern
this is surprisingly empathetic for a scrub-tier yospos thread. full points for your reflective journal entry

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Kernel Sanders posted:

* shitposting

sup

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

the solution to fascism is to just kill every fascist

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
hold on, putting a “this machine kills fascists” sticker on my macbook

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
there are real swastika wearing genocide supporting fascist white nationalist racist shitheads marching in the streets. these are nazis.

there are also a bunch of idiots who call anyone they disagree with a nazi. these people are doing a great disservice to the power of calling out real nazis, which should be generating alarm bells in all decent people when the word is used.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

super important that people are specifically correct about which exact type of white supremacist thug they’re referencing for... reasons

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

qirex posted:

super important that people are specifically correct about which exact type of white supremacist thug they’re referencing for... reasons

its called voting

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The Management posted:

there are real swastika wearing genocide supporting fascist white nationalist racist shitheads marching in the streets. these are nazis.

there are also a bunch of idiots who call anyone they disagree with a nazi. these people are doing a great disservice to the power of calling out real nazis, which should be generating alarm bells in all decent people when the word is used.

nah, this is pointless handwringing for the wrong things, a lot of the worst people will hold all the worst opinions while skating around the standard you apply for calling them out. plus a ton of people who will hilariously ironically cross the line to gently caress with you right up until they shoot up a mosque.

and none of them have no respect for the words anyway, so it only causes harm to scold those you otherwise mostly agree with for their impure terminology .

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Crime on a Dime posted:

saclopedia>N>Nazi

if someone annoys you they are a chud. if you have a personal dislike for them they are a nazi.

the fyad nazi defender has logged in

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

akadajet posted:

the fyad nazi defender has logged in

are you serious

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Crime on a Dime posted:

are you serious

you made that post and mainly post in fyad so.... yah

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
everyone is serious here :geno:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

back to the topic of this thread...

lol

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
failing to properly use a hyphen in a two-word modifier while talkin it up. user loses posting privileges for six hours

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm sure glad the fellow with the joe biden avatar wandered in here and unleashed c-spam for some reason

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry I'm not into dumb threads you imported from Kiwifarms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Sorry I'm not into dumb threads you imported from Kiwifarms?

You've singlehandedly ruined this thread. Gratz.