Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
go to hardcoregaming101 and sort by console and look at ps1/2 era games. i havent been there in a while so i dont know if theres a big master list still but that website was how i found out about all sorts of good games since i wasnt really playing games between the age of like 13-20. plus i learned about some good older snes games too which is nice cos i grew up with a ps1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh right. i say look at ps1/2 era games cos thats when even the most thorough attempts at realism looked like that sort of stuff, cos the technology wasnt quite there to make everything look real even if they wanted to. i think i know what youre getting at. modern games like astral chain, nier automata and persona 5 and stuff where its like lots of pure fantasy but with details from reality rendered bluntly like vending machines, metal fire escape ladders and litter etc