Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Can you put spaces around the plus sign here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Just checking on status here.... Dick (CTO) asked me to follow up. Any motion?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
what is the difference between a cto and a cio?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
CIO's bully people internally to constantly confuse and frustrate everybody in the company with an ever-changing, poorly documented tech stack. CTO's get on the fourth round of sales calls to lie to a big customer about your capabilities so they can get an extra bonus.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
cool cool. ty jonny. a font of information you are.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hey I was getting merge conflicts so I removed everything you did in the last sprint hope that's okay.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

President Beep posted:

what is the difference between a cto and a cio?

CTOs run organisations that produce poo poo that gets sold to people outside the organisation
CIOs mange the internal IT function of an organisation

computers are bad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
GA how the gently caress have you been my brother, it's been years

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

changed files (143) all but 2 are unit tests

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Please add a full stop to the end of this comment. Otherwise looks good, I will +1 this PR so that you can merge it once that is done.

P.S. We work in different time zones and by the time you read this I will have left for two weeks of vacation.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
been reviewing your code - quick question. What is the purpose of the line that begins "#include"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
shouldn't it read "import" ?

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
force push your changes to master, I ain't got not time for this!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
thank you for your pr but I’ve actually already got an implementation of this feature in a private branch so I’m not going to merge yours. I’m also not going to merge mine.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
nit: This code is garbage.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
please run clang-format on your PR

*diff goes from 2 lines to 700*

whoa there buddy, you’re going to have to give me more time to review such a big diff

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
please write a unit test for your function AddTwoNumbers()

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
remove line about “loving idiot who wrote this” from the commit message

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I disagree, I think it's more legible if there are no spaces around the plus sign.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I don’t like the font, can you submit again in a nicer font

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Soricidus posted:

a nicer font

gently caress YOU!!!!! :tizzy:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
pretty sure this change would cause product x29 to fail. it’s a secret project that no one is disclosed on. sorry, rejected.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

The Management posted:

pretty sure this change would cause product x29 to fail. it’s a secret project that no one is disclosed on. sorry, rejected.

slternatively:

oh im not gonna bother now that you finished. we secretly decided to eol this product

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sorry, it doesn't look like you have a CLA signed, can you please go do that

oh, you do but it's not showing up? weird.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

GA how the gently caress have you been my brother, it's been years

i'm good brah, live in NZ again now, two children, work at aws, have a nice house in the burbs, can't complain really. i do miss London tho, NZ is pretty podunk. altho now with brexit/bojo I don't think I'd want to be there :(

I've been midlly linkedin stalking you over the years, looks like you're a big deal these days

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
me on the other hand..

like a pocket change version of a human

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gentle Autist posted:

i'm good brah, live in NZ again now, two children, work at aws, have a nice house in the burbs, can't complain really. i do miss London tho, NZ is pretty podunk. altho now with brexit/bojo I don't think I'd want to be there :(

I've been midlly linkedin stalking you over the years, looks like you're a big deal these days

aww :3: ty. i found a company i really like to work at and i evidently am quite adept at my job and people like me there. i am saving a bunch of money so i can purchase a cabin and a couple acres cash next year and become the mountain man you all visualize me as

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

initial commit
mvp
spelling
Spelling
README formatting
more markdown
mightg as well make the README html

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fixed unit test
actually fixed it this time
ok maybe now
deleted unit tests

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

fixed unit test
actually fixed it this time
ok maybe now
deleted unit tests

lol

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
git commit --amend -am 'retry' && git push --force

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I'm not a fan of this indentation style. Please put the opening brace on a new line.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
please use the indentation style of the rest of the file

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Did you test it? Yeah, okay, sure. Approved.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Please add a blank line at the end

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

serious question other than developers are whiny children why doesn't everyone use pre-commit hooks to format a file in a consistent style.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

power botton posted:

serious question other than developers are whiny children why doesn't everyone use pre-commit hooks to format a file in a consistent style.

some combination of ignorance, laziness, and "everyone knows my preferred format is best" self centered ness

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

power botton posted:

we do this because people moan if the formatting isn't consistent but eslint is slow af

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Mixed line endings? Clean that poo poo up plz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

power botton posted:

to ensure that code is owned by a dev team each project is in its own repo

five teams will setup commit scripts that will immediately break for four of the teams

the failure will run; ignored till eternity because no one owns the scripts

so yea you identified the problem in your opening thesis