Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The code looks good! You spelled receive incorrectly in your comment on line 57 of Receiver.java. If you could go ahead and fix that, i'll mark this as reviewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The code looks good! You spelled receive incorrectly in your comment on line 57 of Receiver.java. If you could go ahead and fix that, i'll mark this as reviewed.

Thank you!

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

power botton posted:

serious question other than developers are whiny children why doesn't everyone use pre-commit hooks to format a file in a consistent style.

The only serious objection I'm aware of is that completely altering the formatting of a file disrupts git blame. But it's not a significant objection, it's the price you pay for failing to be consistent to begin with. It's a one-time thing. Just rip the band-aid off.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

power botton posted:

serious question other than developers are whiny children why doesn't everyone use pre-commit hooks to format a file in a consistent style.

historically formatting tools have been absolute trash. afaik most languages still don't have a passable one (to some extent because most languages have no consensus formatting and every tool built winds up a fragile pile of options).

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Merging this into Goldmine

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Doom Mathematic posted:

The only serious objection I'm aware of is that completely altering the formatting of a file disrupts git blame. But it's not a significant objection, it's the price you pay for failing to be consistent to begin with. It's a one-time thing. Just rip the band-aid off.

thats what we did for our codebase; if it matters enough, we can always go back before the formatting. turns out it often rarely matters, and now most of our code is consistently formatted and less like a freshman group project in programming 1

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

*rejects PR, pushes identical commit with myself as author*

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I’m afraid our source evaluation algorithm has declared your code insufficiently beautiful. please make it more beautiful and try again

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Carthag Tuek posted:

actually you'll see looking through the PR history that this exact change was proposed six months ago and rejected with prejudice

closing yours with prejudice

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

psiox posted:

actually you'll see looking through the PR history that this exact change was proposed six months ago and rejected with prejudice

closing yours with prejudice

I saw that my PR was closed. As per my last email, we discussed why this change was needed so i'm not sure why it was rejected and closed.

*ccs managers*

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
server logs show that you submitted this pr using chrome when you know full well that the corporate standard browser is internet explorer. this is your second strike before your bitbucket access rights are revoked.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

fixed unit test
actually fixed it this time
ok maybe now
deleted unit tests

i feel seen and i hate it

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

this but I actually have no idea what I'm doing

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hey this change looks good, but i need to hit my commit quota for the sprint so i'm going to add this to my latest branch

*closes pr, manually copies changes into own branch, commit, force push master*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Ciaphas posted:

i feel seen and i hate it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

run ktlint

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I know you added a missing return to this method but while you’re in there please remove the @ExperimentalCoroutinesApi and any experimental code, we shouldn’t be using experimental APIs in production

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what the gently caress do you mean we built our entire network stack in experimental kotlin flows and channels how did this get accepted into the codebase in the first place? I go on holiday for two weeks and this happens yet while I’m here all I see are PRs for improvements or change requests from business? how does this happen??

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh as of Kotlin 1.4 they’re not experimental anymore and we’ve already migrated to 1.4? and it all works as expected? I didn’t have a chance to compile and test it yet. if that’s the case please remove useless annotations while you’re in there thanks

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hey ive got a small pr to have you send some better formatted data to our api

gitlab posted:

432 changed files

Butt.Touch.UnitTest.ButtToucherTests

-void TestButt {
+void TestButt
+{
Click here to expand

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this code doesn’t run on bi-endian machines like vax, please make it portable

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Hi,

just following up on my earlier email. Do you think that you'll be able to get to it by Friday?

Thanks,
BBGS

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’ll review your change after you review the 12 changes I sent you this week and you’ve ignored until now.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

carry on then posted:

commit quota

that's a new one

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Share Bear posted:

that's a new one

made that part up but i've definitely had people close my pr and copy my changes into one of theirs instead of just approving mine because it's "easier" (they are padding their contributions)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Ownedhttps://twitter.com/tim_nolet/status/1317061818574082050

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol imagine using a permissive license

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i use cc-by-sa for my smallbeer projects

the only kind I have tho so idgaf

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I made this thing and would like it to be freely available for anyone to use for any reason.

Wait you’re going to try to use it? That’s just rude.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

next time choose a license that requires attribution

PR rejected

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Hey there,

Just wanted to check in before the weekend. If possible, could you take a gander at my pr today?

Regards,

BBGS

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it’s already weekend in my time zone. I’ll look at it on Monday (your Wednesday)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ok thx I'm just gonna push these extra irrelevant commits to the pr 🙏

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

confession:
i made a placeholder commit in my local branch today so i can amend in whatever i want next week and make it seem like i already did that

i know i could do it ground up next week with datetime fuckery or extra cmd args, but i also know ill be tired and its easier to amend so its a present for myself

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Sorry its been a crazy week, still need to review that PR, will get to it later today hopefully

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
just tidying up the old prs, is this change still required or can I just close it

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
closing due to lack of response. please open a new pr if you still wanted this

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
your pr won’t merge cleanly anymore, please rebase. ping me once you rebase and I will wait a week to review it so that it doesn’t merge again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

hmm, it's still tagged CLA required even though you're sure you signed it. weird. well i'll ask around the internal slack and forget to get back to you