Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Sorry, but I just heard from the PO that this project was cancelled last week. Can you extract the standalone core business value so it can be contribute to our value-stream on an ongoing basis?

Let me know when you've productionalized it into a micro-service, I figure you'll have no trouble finishing it by the end of this sprint? Thanks!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

The Management posted:

your pr won’t merge cleanly anymore, please rebase. ping me once you rebase and I will wait a week to review it so that it doesn’t merge again.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
why are you still doing this? I thought I was quite clear that we do not do pr any more. don’t bother replying, you’re fired.

elon

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
PR review third. There isn't even a second thing, that's just how little we value PRs.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Carthag Tuek posted:

confession:
i made a placeholder commit in my local branch today so i can amend in whatever i want next week and make it seem like i already did that

i know i could do it ground up next week with datetime fuckery or extra cmd args, but i also know ill be tired and its easier to amend so its a present for myself

ah, but does this work even if you sign your commits

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hey we just added codeclimate and have 30k issues to solve, can you resolve the ones in your branch?

*Code climate detected 734 new issues on a diff of 60 lines changed*

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

So here is my 300 line script that doesn't do anything written in a language no one knows. Please review by sprint review in 30 minutes.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Hello again,

I was just going through my emails today and I noticed that I never received a response from you about my earlier PR. It is entirely possible that you responded but I may have accidentally deleted it (curse you, email filters *shakes fist*) if so. If you have a chance, would you mind sending / re-sending a response? Or maybe just reviewing it would be easier. Whatever is easier for you.

Thanks!
BBGS

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I noticed everyone +1’d my change with no comments or downvotes. can someone approve it? it’s been like 4 days.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

*rather than ask some questions, it'll be easier for me to rewrite this pr and post it as a comment*

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

code looks good but looks like you've checked in a binary blob on your branch, it appears to be a PDF of your latest paystub?

alt-tabs to Thunderbird, emails HR and /ccs manager: hey dave why does this chucklefuck get paid 30% more than me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Hi! I've only changed a couple things. I dont know why its flagging all these white space things. There's about 200 files here with diffs. Thanks!

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Dijkstracula posted:

code looks good but looks like you've checked in a binary blob on your branch, it appears to be a PDF of your latest paystub?

alt-tabs to Thunderbird, emails HR and /ccs manager: hey dave why does this chucklefuck get paid 30% more than me

lmao, had someone commit a picture of their house in a PR

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cheen posted:

lmao, had someone commit a picture of their house in a PR

a product manager once insisted I put all my graphics files in git, the developers did not enjoy that and eventually yelled at him enough that I got let off the hook

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

ADINSX posted:

Sorry its been a crazy week, still need to review that PR, will get to it later today hopefully

Still planning on getting to this it’s been a crazy couple of years

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

qirex posted:

a product manager once insisted I put all my graphics files in git, the developers did not enjoy that and eventually yelled at him enough that I got let off the hook

just save them as svg, viola, now you're allowed to version control them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this was back when putting a svg in your site meant the acrobat plug in would launch and there was like a 40% chance the browser would just crash

I enjoy svgs today because we can recolor icons and stuff without me having to update 1000 files

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I don’t even program UIs :smug:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

lol, a long time ago our team had some user testing videos we needed to transfer and there was no shared drive available so–

I've never seen an it guy storm over so fast and dress someone down since :allears:

i want to say that was in clearcase. it was already a rickety mess without massive binary blobs

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
gentle ping. this change needs to get in by tomorrow to make the next release. it’s been in review for over 2 days. this is a p0 bug fix, ship blocker

changes:
28 files changed
12 files added
1 files deleted
+4417 lines
-832 lines

cc: my boss, your boss, director, pm, pm, pm, pm lead, qa lead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lgtm. btw I will be ooo for the week before and after next release