Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

The weird names are how I remember which is which, for whatever reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Still love the game, I think it’s one of the more challenging ones.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Used this video to help get Ryujinx running on my Steam Deck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2W9-pE15wU

I had to modify a couple of things because when making the video he already had things installed. Anyway, I got Ryujinx running with 17.0 keys and firmware, but my games in the roms folder that Emudeck created don't show up. I tried making a new folder and put files in there and they still don't. Any ideas?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Are they the right file format for linux to recognize?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Ah thanks. I've used NSZ before but that doesn't work for ryujinx.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I use this utility for nsz to nsp
https://github.com/nicoboss/nsz

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

KingKapalone posted:

Ah thanks. I've used NSZ before but that doesn't work for ryujinx.

Nsz is basically zipped and only got using installers on an actual switch yeah, just decompress them with that tool linked before me

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.
https://x.com/miyoomini/status/1768287216797667592?s=20

Looks like we're getting closer to the Miyoo Flip coming out!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ah man, do want.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
GBA purists stay strong for the stickless version.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
wish it had been out before my flight next week, but at least it seems Real

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

stephenthinkpad posted:

I don't know why but the sticks are a deal breaker for me. It doesn't need them!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

ngl my interest in the mini is gonna tank without the trans color scheme

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Rolo posted:

I don't know why but the sticks are a deal breaker for me. It doesn't need them!

Yes. I am not the only pedant.

The position is terrible and they’re pointless. You’d need a grip.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Make them front firing speakers!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fawf posted:

100% this

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah also that. Release it in that color way without the sticks and also a 3:2 screen and perfect wake/sleep.

Got a feeling they’re gonna see this and do it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Fawf posted:

I want this, I don't need it but I want it. I guess I should just do a custom GBA at this point though

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah I don't really see the point of the sticks, especially if it's still probably not going to be able to play many games designed for twin sticks, Some PS1 games will be easier, maybe it'll open the door for more N64 emulation?

The GBASP was one of my favorite device designs I ever, but you really need to shift things around if you want to add sticks. I know that'd probably need a lot more work to figure out the ergonomics than just taking the old form factor and jamming in a modern controller layout, but c'mon.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I trust them.

Granted I'm still waiting at least another week for my Mini Plus to arrive, if it sucks then Miyoo is a trash company and you're all morons for believing in them.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The Miyoo Mini(both original and Plus) is a perfectly serviceable device, what pushes it up so high is more regarding how good Onion is as a CFW

As for the sticks yeah they aren't going to be all that useful(though I do imagine it'll make DS emulation just a bit better since you'd be able to use one of them for stylus purposes vs the current method of using a hotkey for moving it around with the d-pad) but apparently apparently Miyoo are under the belief that making an entirely new device form factor(and not just the Plus being essentially the original upscaled to use a larger screen for supply purposes) without at least one analog stick* will make their devices seem outdated compared to the competition

*as can be seen with the other device Miyoo is putting out, the A30 which is a horizontal handheld with a single stick

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
https://twitter.com/miyoomini/status/1768472025968853374?t=ClkAKPHuS6fY8jns57dBpQ&s=19

So Miyoo said they will release this before the flip. Sounds like this device is easier to produce than the flip. Probably both will have the same chip inside.

But this one is basically a 35xxh with one less stick? Unless its noticeably cheaper than the 35xxh, I don't see this thing will move the needle that much.

I do like the old Nintendo gold/red FC scheme.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

stephenthinkpad posted:

https://twitter.com/miyoomini/status/1768472025968853374?t=ClkAKPHuS6fY8jns57dBpQ&s=19

So Miyoo said they will release this before the flip. Sounds like this device is easier to produce than the flip. Probably both will have the same chip inside.

I like the NES controller one, myself. I would also die for the flip to be in the same scheme.

Mega64 posted:

I trust them.

Granted I'm still waiting at least another week for my Mini Plus to arrive, if it sucks then Miyoo is a trash company and you're all morons for believing in them.

But what does it make us if we believe in them delivering on the A30? Did you think of that one, smartypants?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Fawf posted:

:hai:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Posting again how much I love my hacked 2DS XL. Just finished Order of Ecclesia, about to start Portrait of Ruin again.

Fantastic video game hardware. The perfect sleep/wake function is so amazing.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Rolo posted:

Just finished Order of Ecclesia, about to start Portrait of Ruin again.

I know I bring this up nearly every time I see someone mention these games and am probably annoying thread regulars with it, but if you haven't tried it already...

DSVania Randomizer

Seriously, the DSVania Randomizer is particularly great for Portrait. Having double the equipment slots makes Scavenger mode especially interesting (you might even be forced to play as Charlotte :ohdear:). It really is pretty amazing, and beats any other 'roguelike metroidvania' I've tried.

Edit: Whoops last time I brought it up was literally responding to you already, sorry!

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 17, 2024

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

stephenthinkpad posted:

But this one is basically a 35xxh with one less stick? Unless its noticeably cheaper than the 35xxh, I don't see this thing will move the needle that much.

Is this a gameboy micro? It's hard to tell the size from the photo.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If it's the same one they were teasing two years ago, then it's pretty small, just not quite micro size

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Those sticks are becoming a milstone

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

zzMisc posted:

I know I bring this up nearly every time I see someone mention these games and am probably annoying thread regulars with it, but if you haven't tried it already...

DSVania Randomizer

Seriously, the DSVania Randomizer is particularly great for Portrait. Having double the equipment slots makes Scavenger mode especially interesting (you might even be forced to play as Charlotte :ohdear:). It really is pretty amazing, and beats any other 'roguelike metroidvania' I've tried.

Edit: Whoops last time I brought it up was literally responding to you already, sorry!

Hey buddy just keep posting about good games, it’s all good in the hood.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anbernic is having a birthday sale. Tempted to pick up a RG35XX H. Batocera supports the RG35xx family now.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ah shoot my hacked 2DS XL somehow got on WiFi and now it asks me to update every time I turn it on or close a game.

Is there a way to turn this off or SAFELY update it without killing my install?

Edit: apparently if you have a newer version of Luma you can just go nuts and update. Doesn’t seem to have broken anything.

Rolo fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 20, 2024

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Rolo posted:

Ah shoot my hacked 2DS XL somehow got on WiFi and now it asks me to update every time I turn it on or close a game.

Is there a way to turn this off or SAFELY update it without killing my install?

Edit: apparently if you have a newer version of Luma you can just go nuts and update. Doesn’t seem to have broken anything.
Yeah, I had been worried about that too a few months ago but made sure to double-check I had the recent custom firmware and I was fine after updating.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Killer. My buddy never had a DS and missed out on all the amazing games it had so I think I’m gonna mail mine to him and force him to at least play Portrait of Ruin. He did his first SotN run earlier in the year and I think he’s craving more.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah, people wring their hands and talk doom whenever a new firmware comes out for an old system but it's usually cracked and safe to update within a day. Both 4.90 and 4.91 PS3 firmwares were safe to update to with CFW within 2 weeks.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

emphasis on old system, don't go updating your PS4/PS5 if it's jailbroken because you'll almost certainly lose CFW for the foreseeable future

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

njsykora posted:

Yeah, people wring their hands and talk doom whenever a new firmware comes out for an old system but it's usually cracked and safe to update within a day. Both 4.90 and 4.91 PS3 firmwares were safe to update to with CFW within 2 weeks.
The 3DS has been even safer than that for awhile. It's generally safe to update as soon as a new 3DS firmware is out, and there's not really anything Nintendo can do about it. NTRboot means that the 3DS is always hackable, and always recoverable (assuming no hardware damage).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, I just realized I think I left my RG405M on the airplane on my flight back from overseas last week.
That pouch also had my USB->MicroSD adapter in it, too. :(

Edit: Oh thank god! I found it in the dark recesses of the very bottom of my backpack. *whew*

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 20, 2024

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

AlternateNu posted:

So, I just realized I think I left my RG405M on the airplane on my flight back from overseas last week.
That pouch also had my USB->MicroSD adapter in it, too. :(

Edit: Oh thank god! I found it in the dark recesses of the very bottom of my backpack. *whew*
Posting on the internet about your video game problems solves everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Sorry about your lose, but RG406M is right around the corner.