Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm still sitting on the sidelines waiting for the right device to come about, but if I'm being honest I'm fine with more 3rd party devices not trying to match the steam deck or switch for size.

I've got a switch, play a lot on it, but I'm still partial to smaller systems too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wifi toast

Wifi toast

WIFI TOAST

WIFI TOAST

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've tried looking for slightly more comprehensive lists of PS2 games that have been tested on the Retroid 3 +

Anyone ever tried a .hack game on one? I've got other PS2 games I wanna play, but those first 4 could eat up a ton of my free time and it'd suck if they didn't play well.

I find myself in between getting something like the R3+ and a Steam Deck. With the Deck I see potential in playing some more modern games, but that's a price point I'm always going to hesitate on.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

now that's a compatibility list, thank you!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I expected fallout from it. Sucks rear end that it's damaging stuff well beyond idiot leakers.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Any recommendations for a rp3+ grip? I know they have their own you can buy, but has anyone found any unofficial alternatives?

Not 100% sure I need one yet, but I'd like to have one in mind.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Silly Burrito posted:

It's been tried before.

It did not mean life

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

endocriminologist posted:

One of the most important aspects of emulation is emulating the ds opera web browser

:hai:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

njsykora posted:

Finally pulled the trigger on a replacement for the 351P.

I've spent most of my time with it playing Honkai Star Rail.

I've heard you can run Honkai on the rp3+, but I haven't downloaded it yet. If you get it going, can you let me know how you mapped the controller inputs?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Televisio Frankus posted:

I mostly just want to play the .hack games, Dark Cloud games, and the Shadow Hearts games.

.hack games run fine in dungeons/combat, occasional stutter or frame drop in towns. It's really not bad at all on the rp3+

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
these cowards need to remember true perfection and make an Ngage Jr

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

zzMisc posted:

I assume this thread is full of olds so this comment won't go past many people's heads, but all this talk of winning 'the game' to get your sweet lovely cheap emu device fix reminds me so much of the worst episode of TNG.

god i wanna play that game so bad just gently caress my brain up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hatty posted:

The Wii U tablet was great

I had a much better time playing Breath of the Wild on it compared to the switch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
it's the nGage of the future, come back in time to try and save the world

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been on the fence about the RP4P, since my 3+ works just fine currently. The games I'm playing on ps2 on it run well enough, so I am content to just stick with it until there's a 60fps option out there at a similar price point.

Hell, 60fps isn't even really a deal breaker for me, but if I'm upgrading I want it to be a noticeable upgrade.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Has anyone had any luck playing steambot chronicles on a handheld? I am not counting the steam deck as that feels like a gimme.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

kirbysuperstar posted:

Steambot still has major breaking issues in pcsx2 upstream (the desert being entirely black for one thing) iirc so given that aether/nether is an old build at this point probably not

There's the PSP battle tournament game that eschews a lot of the uniqueness of the game though! Or uh..

connie what happened

this will have to do :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mega64 posted:

That said I think a handheld that has two analog sticks and no buttons is a kinda dumb design choice.

Coward, join the revolution