Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Ah ok. I haven't played that much on a portable but the GBA and SNES games' aspect ratio don't seem to bother me that much. Is it really that bad? Man this is kind of fascinating me right now.

E. Oh yeah, what do you guys think about screen overlays that fill in the black bars with some nice wallpapery stuff?
Pretty much was what I was needing to tidy up my RG351P. The overlay packs that someone released a while ago (Retro Game Corps has a whole section about them) was pretty exhaustive. Wish there was more GBC/GG overlays but life is life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Medullah posted:

I upgraded my Pixel 3 XL to a Pixel 6 a month or so ago, and since I want to keep the 3 around as a backup phone I was thinking of making it a portable emulation machine. I've got a Razer Kishi controller and have played around with Retroarch on it a bit, but is there some other interface you guys would recommend?

Arc browser has worked for me but setup on that can be a bear on non android tv consoles.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You could grab a series s and run it in dev mode to get ps2 and lower emulation.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yes. Absolutely.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The Devil's Game Center CX Challenge.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Arcsech posted:

I don't know if I'd go that far, it might just be an attempt to pressure/intimidate them into folding. Nobody likes to be sued, it's stressful, time-consuming, and costly - depending on your life circumstances, giving in might be the only realistic option.

Yeah this is absolutely not about getting a law on the books. That said I'm sure if they could legalise making using a Nintendo product in anyway but dictated a felony they'd have their lawyers on that yesterday.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Gonna be real, the number of times I've turned my Switch on in the last year has been in the single digits and at least half of those was to the benefit of a nephew.

A remake of Thousand Year Door is not going to make me run to the thing again.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Those sticks are becoming a milstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
:capitalism:

No doubt ambernic will arse up the os or sommat