Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I ordered a 351p yesterday :toot: I was tempted by the new powkiddy, but there aren’t really any reviews yet and the 351p looks like it will suit my purposes just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
My 351p came today, but it’s purple and I ordered the black one :(

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
I have already run into an issue. I’m not very tech savvy myself, just following guides online. I’m trying to switch everything over to a new sd card, but when I plug my sd card into my computer it says the disk needs to be reformatted? I saw that retro game corps has a video about this issue, but my computer isn’t even showing any partitions, just an empty drive. Any ideas?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

roobots posted:

I keep almost pulling the trigger on the 280M at $65 USD. Very tempting.
I saw it comes in a cute gradient color and that sealed the deal for me! Can’t wait to compare it to my 351p.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Warbird posted:

I’ve got a RG351P being shipped across the pacific, but I do have a question for those with hands on experience. I’ve got a buddy that would adore having something like this but he’s not particularly tech savvy and doesn’t even have a laptop or computer in his house. Is it a lost cause trying to get one of these for him? Could I potentially just toss a no intro collection on there and call it a day?

I’ve just been using mine out of the box with no issues thus far, I’m not very tech savvy either. I just hoping the stock sd card doesn’t crap out on me.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
After y’all were talking about ffvi I tried it on my 351p last night, it seems to work great so far! I’m just using the stock firmware.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
PSA for anyone as dense as me, you can indeed run homebrew on a new 3ds xl, you just have to remove the back of the unit to access the micro sd card!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
What is a good price for a RGB10 Max? I’m seeing them on Amazon for like $175 and that seems like a lot.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They go for like $120 on Aliexpress

Thanks :) Amazon is convenient, but not an extra $55 more convenient!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Froist posted:

Also there’s always something new around the corner but Powkiddy have just started teasing an “RGB10 Max 2”. No release date or specs but it seems to have a more ergonomic design with slight controller-grip-style shaping and stacked shoulder buttons. The discords suspect it’ll still have the same internals but might knock the price of the previous model down too..

Oh jeez! It is both cool and annoying how often a newer device comes out that I want. I think my ultimate handheld would be something that could play ps2 games. Once that comes out maybe I can stop buying these things…

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

MarcusSA posted:

Well that depends on how much you want to spend lol.

Yeah I was looking up the steam deck today and that is a little rich for my blood!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

SubG posted:

Go to aliexpress and search for "PS2P" if you want to see the definition of "I have some good news and some bad news".

Ok I actually burst out laughing when I looked that up :randstare:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Looks like the powkiddy RGB 10 max2 came out today: https://powkiddy.com/products/powki...-childrens-gift
It doesn’t look super exciting to me though.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Hmm I think a 351p or similar would make a really bitchin Christmas gift for my nephew, but he’s 10 and sucks at following instructions, just the type of kid that insists that he already knows everything. Maybe in a few more years?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

LODGE NORTH posted:

It’s pretty easy to set up. I think they may even come set up already if you don’t care for the custom firmwares and whatnot. You could, in theory, just set up the SD card for him and give it to him with the card already in there.

Oh you’re totally right, I think I would just need to show him how to exit games and shut it off properly. :)
In other news I successfully got my 3ds xl set up the way I want with homebrew and I’m feeling very accomplished and happy to give that device a lot more use.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Tiny Myers posted:

I know there was a hacking/homebrew thread around here a while back, is that still around? I was wondering if it's still feasible to hack my 3DS and if that might be a cheaper alternative.

I am not tech savvy at all but I followed along with this guide: https://youtu.be/Szc58v2I-DA and had no problems. It’s super helpful because he has links to everything you need too.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
This is a very difficult hobby because every time I think I decide on what I want to get next, something else comes out! I really need to just not buy anything for like a year, there are still so many upcoming releases.
On another note, does anyone have any idea if the retroid pocket funtastic colors will be restocked? They’re so cute!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

MarcusSA posted:

I’m a sucker

That taki video got me lol

Yeah I am waiting for retro game corps’ thoughts but I think I am gonna go for it too!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Rolo posted:

I’ve been ignoring the Ayn Odin Pro because I got it confused with the Aya Neo Pro and assumed everyone was talking about a 1000$+ emulation device.

Now looking more into it and seeing it comes in a clear purple… hmmm…

Honestly it was the fact that it comes in clear purple that sealed the deal for me. I went ahead and ordered one :)

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

flavor.flv posted:

Every video makes me angrier that I didn't back the campaign. I blame all of the naysayers itt, because I don't want to admit my own mistakes

Maybe somebody will try porting it to the RP2+ one day so I can play Oblivion at 12 fps and tell myself it's just as good

It’s not too late to order, I think you can place an order until the feb 8th.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Rolo posted:

When are they supposed to ship? The campaign says January 22.

My understanding is pro units were shipped already to the first 200 backers, the rest of us will have to wait until after Chinese New Year celebrations are over.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Having to remap the controller every time you use the dock sounds like a huge pain in the rear end :(

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Supposedly clear purple Odins started shipping yesterday, anyone get a notification?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Pretty significant delays with Ayn Odin shipping :( I think I’m going to cancel my order. I already have a 351p and a new 3ds so I don’t necessarily need one, I just thought it was a neat idea. Plus I’m moving to another state soon and it definitely wouldn’t get to me in time.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Hey friends, can anyone recommend a guide for how to map ps4 controller buttons for the dolphin emulator? I can’t seem to get it right.
Edit: still not sure where I went wrong with dolphin mmjr, but I switched to regular dolphin and everything works fine.

remigious fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 10, 2022

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Dang it y’all are making me want an rp2+!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
I found the transparent blue miyoo mini on aliexpress, but it’s not actually released yet is it?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32568...4e1d64%21%21rec

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
I can’t bring myself to order a rp2+ until they come in cute colors!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Rolo posted:

We should start drawing RNG straws for goons to test Ali sellers.

Like those first few dudes at the end of Last Crusade.

I bought one using this link from RGC: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32568...SmartRedirect=y
Hopefully it arrives soonish!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Another thing to maybe consider if you are willing to spend that much is a tablet. Granted, it’s not exactly a handheld but may be worth the money. I got a galaxy tab 8+ and so far I’ve only tried GameCube and ps2 games but it has been a lot of fun.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
The transparent purple shell in the video looks a lot lighter than I expected. I kind of don’t like it as much? Kind of a moot point since I canceled my order. I still want an Odin at some point, just waiting for them to catch up on product I guess. I’m going to be moving several times and can’t really wait 4+ months for something to arrive.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
My miyoo mini is arriving today and I’m pumped! :woop:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
I know this has come up before but I can’t remember…what’s the workaround for playing games that require an internal clock on the miyoo mini? I’m dying to try Pokémon unbound.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Yeah I have no regrets about canceling my Odin order a while back. Between the miyoo mini and a galaxy tab s8+ I think I have everything I need :) for now…

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

MarcusSA posted:

Well one of the devices is $99 and one of them is $140 for nearly the same performance.

Yeah but one of them is cuter!!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

freelop posted:

I want them to release the P60

Me too! Even though I have the mini…I am such a sucker.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
I spent 45 minutes last night trying to figure out why I couldn’t play timesplitters2 on aethersx2…turns out I had the GameCube version of the game!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Omg. I wonder what percentage of people that ordered an Odin actually received one? I canceled my preorder a few months ago and no regrets.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
That anbernic sale is tempting, but I keep coming back to the thought that what I really want is something that can play ps2/GameCube. Is it time to bite the bullet and just get a steam deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Rinkles posted:

If you can afford it, and don't mind the size, I say absolutely. It seems to be an incredible device at an incredible price.

Yeah I just have to get over how ugly it is lol