Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

If anybody goes RK2020 here is the image I recommend flashing to it. Use WIN32 DiskImager, do not use Etcher.
https://github.com/christianhaitian/rk2020/wiki/TheRA-2.4-NTFS-(Updated-8-9-2020)

I paid the dumb $15 for DHL on the Retroid. Side note and potentially exciting with the Retroid Pocket 2, if it gets a newer Android version, you could also use it for Xbox xCloud Game Pass Streaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Actually, it looks like the minimum Android OS for xCloud is Android OS 6, which is what this is running. I wonder if it'll work out of the box. I'm in the beta so I'll give it a shot when it comes in.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

ETA Prime is good poo poo for stuff like this. I modded an Arcade1Up cab with one of his vids and he just got his unit in. He'll do a full emu video soon but you can see some more emulation on the system itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8go5kfS0Dw

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Here's some Steam Link footage on it. Obv network dependent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_sbgRGDS9k

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

You can play everything up to and including Dreamcast on Retroid Pocket 2. You can use Steam Link since it's running on Android 6 to play PS2 games using PCSX2, a PC PS2 emulator. However this obviously requires a PC and a decent internet connection.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Ordered the same color and day with DHL so maybe I'll get a notification. That's crazy fast. Last week was the all time record though. I ordered a GoXLR Mini from Germany because they're sold out everywhere in the US on Monday and it showed up on Wednesday (NH). It was through UPS.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Jesus my Retroid Pocket 2 left China on Tuesday and just got delivered via DHL, New Hampshire.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Even I have to admit this Retroid Pocket 2 is not the easiest. I'm obv familiar with the Android side of things, but how do I load roms onto the RetroidOS side? It seems like the 30GB of roms they give you show up as just a bunch of encrypted files. Do I drop them in the games/download folder? I'm assuming the storage needs to live as external?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

OK thanks. I'm committing to the Android side but my co worker bought one who's not very tech friendly, so gonna try the RetroidOS side for them. Retroarch seems decent but N64 doesn't run at all in it on the RP2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

What are you guys using for your RP2 setups if not Retroid OS? Retroarch seems decent, but should I use individual apps instead of cores?