Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Friends, I am small brained. What systems can you play on the Retroid Pocket 2? e: and is there a system that can handle PS2?

Bogart fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Wait is that $15 on top of the $10 regular shipping?

Also this coupon code I got from a retro gaming discord saves $5

YEJJD

This code still works. Probably means I'm on another list but five dollars is five dollars!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Counterpoint: playstation vita means life.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What was y'alls turnaround time using DHL for the RP2? I'm at 16 days without any indication of progress besides the original confirmation emails.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 28, 2020

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

That and Harmony of Dissonance are on the list. Growing up I was always more on the Metroid side of Metroidvanias. Symphony was the only Castlevania I've ever played a

this man was killed halfway through posting. too upset that he never finished the castlevanias. one like = one prayer

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

The Science Goy posted:

News from Retroid:

-there is a delay with some of the new shell colors from batch two - 16bit US, RS1, RS2 orders haven't had a single unit ship yet. They've also delayed the Funtastic colors for a bit.

-Huawei done goofed on their chip supply, and seemingly aren't providing the allocation that was expected. Sounds like Retroid is trying to line up alternate suppliers to help fill the gap.

So if you ordered one in late August or the first two weeks of September and haven't gotten a ship notification yet, you might be waiting a while... they're currently sending out an Oprah-esque response of "you get two weeks! You get two weeks! Everybody gets two weeks!" To all inquiries right now.

Maaaaaaaan. :negative: Thank you for the update. I'm coming up a month after buying mine with no communication.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
My Retroid 2 is coming on the 17th and I’m not sure what will hurt more, the anticipation after months of waiting or the disappointment when I discover that it’s fine.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Bogart posted:

My Retroid 2 is coming on the 17th and I’m not sure what will hurt more, the anticipation after months of waiting or the disappointment when I discover that it’s fine.

It's pretty good.

However, I must be missing something very obvious since I haven't seen anyone so much as mention it as an issue: how do I charge this thing?

e: I am stupid! :v:

Bogart fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 18, 2020

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Anyone happen to have an easy guide or whatever to set a dedicated speedup button for Retroid P2 emulation? My patience has been eroded for how slow some of these old tactics games go.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Pocket 2 still going strong. Anybody know how to rename games in the Retroid OS? I have this strange problem where PS1 games can be played, but their names all come up as blank.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So are they selling a 3+ or 2+ on this page? The specs dropdown is Confusing.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, it's become a meme, but the 3DS is really hackable without much in the way of fiddly poo poo.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
PPSSPP is a really good emulator. But also, we've got a console / handheld homebrew thread here

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So what's the best handheld under $200 at the moment? Also, is there any news on when the RP3 is hitting Amazon? Obviously Amazon is trash and Bezos can rot in hell etc etc but when I bought an original RP, the whole DHL shipping token system confused me.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 21, 2022

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Okay but I specifically said under. :v: yeah obviously if I had the money for a deck, but I don’t.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
retroid 3 on amazon when..........

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Pocket 3's on amazon. But only the 2+32 version.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
2 steam decks

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
RP2+ is $139 on Amazon. I'm still decently pleased with my RP2 vanilla so a + will probably suit you pretty well.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What are the best GBA emulators for the RP2? I am so sick of dealing with Retroarch somehow not being able to save games.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, I ordered a Playdate in January thinking it'd be a nice Christmas present. Oops!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you're buying a 3+, i think you can get $5 off with the code RETROIDPOCKET. Not huge, but hey.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Do I still have to do the DHL shipping fill-the-freight song and dance with Retroid? I see that they just have DHL as a more expensive shipping option.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 12, 2022

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh a tangent, but what exactly was Sony trying to sell with the cel? I legitimately don’t get it, and I think they didn’t either.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Forty bucks off and a cool 3D printed grip gratis is a pretty good deal, too.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Man I think I bought the day after Rolo did and mine hasn’t shopped yet. I guess I’ll have to email.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I bought clear blue on the 11th. 😔

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Portrait of Ruin is the best of the DS Vanias, fight me Ecclesia nerds.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Rolo posted:

I like it so much I’m actually playing video games on it.

These systems are for swearing at when they don't work right, and building rom lists. You sicken me.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Vita means life.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So what's the hot frontend for the RP3+? Is it Daijisho or the default or ???

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Also, the RP3+ came preinstalled with Unciv on it. It's like they knew about my debilitating Civ 5 addiction......

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
RP3+ runs PS1 stuff nice and smooth with Duckstation.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Remind me, is VBA-M or mGBA supposed to be the good one? Screwing around with Classicboy Pro since I'm antiRetroarch, and it seems like VBA-M can't run romhacks (which is like half the fun for me) so I'm leading toward the latter.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 3, 2023

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I exclusively played Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland on my GB Micro. don't know why.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

this would fix me

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think you can raise enough of a stink after their inaccurate website description that they'll return it for free.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I know there's at least a mod out there to make Twisted work with the shoulder buttons.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Vita means life.

vv; mods ban this sick filth while i enjoy BORDERLANDS 2 for my PLAYSTATIONVITA

Bogart fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Fors Yard posted:

I kept up with this thread years ago but lost track: I bought a Retroid Pocket 2 back when they were preorder and rarely used it due to input lag. I'm seeing the 3 and 3+ ads. Is this still inherent in the Android setup or is it better? I like the d-pad location on top instead of bottom that was a complaint about he 2 it had awkward grip when using it. The same style stick on both sides seems like a big improvement. Opposite corners and one raised felt weird. I really like the design and would love a portable handheld and I want to like the 2.

Anyone have experience with input lag with 3 or 3+? It made some simple platforming take trial and error when to press instead of what feels natural from playing on console. Castlevania IV has those green platforms that spin and drop you after you jump on them and the section with three of those over a pit took a while to know when to press to just get past that part.

I was in your situation. Upgrading from RP2 to RP3+ was pretty huge.