Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

How’s the buying experience? I’m used to getting stuff from random folks in China due to hating money and mechanical keyboards so I’m curious how it shapes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’ve got a RG351P being shipped across the pacific, but I do have a question for those with hands on experience. I’ve got a buddy that would adore having something like this but he’s not particularly tech savvy and doesn’t even have a laptop or computer in his house. Is it a lost cause trying to get one of these for him? Could I potentially just toss a no intro collection on there and call it a day?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Good to hear. I’ll putter with mine and see what’s what. Given that it’s Linux I’m hoping I can get extremely stupid with things.

I’m a related note, I assume we’re doing RasPi rules for SD cards? Something name brand and class 10?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Does anyone here have hands on with moonlight/steamlink running within 351Elec? It's apparently possible now that Anberports is supported.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ah bummer, that would have been nice.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I like the look of it, but wish it had a second analog stick so I could have my PSX games.

In a related matter, I spoke with Anbernic and I can get a discounted rate on a pallet of 351s for orders of 50 and scaling from there. If there is any interest in a group buy or whatever I can arrange that. I’m half thinking of trying my hand at reselling, but I’m a bit concerned about the legal implications of them shipping with ROMs and BIOS files. I suppose I could just reflash everything to use 351Elec or the like.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sorry, the 351V. TUS's post swooped in while I was composing.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Grow a coke nail OP, hth

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The shipping company appears to have lost my RG351, so that’s fun. I don’t really understand how this works but the Mrs. says that she likely won’t get a complete refund for the value for Christ knows what reason. Fun fun fun.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The United States posted:

Was it shipping from China?

stephenthinkpad posted:

If you ordered from alirxpress, its very easy to get full refund afer the delivery window expire.

The Mrs. is Chinese so she ordered from Jingdo which is a competitor to taobao or whatever Alibaba’s ecom thing is. The usual process is to buy your stuff and have a dedicated shipping company get it into a storage container to be shipped over with a bunch of other stuff to save on cost. Then about a month later you drive a half hour to some rando’s house and get your box of whatever out of their garage/porch.

Seems the logistics company is/was moving warehouses so it either got shipped at the top of the month or it’s………somewhere. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

I dunno how much it works out to being in Chinese yuan through Jingdo, but all the Anbernic stuff is on Amazon with Prime for a similarish price compared to what they sell direct through them for

She’s forever ordering stuff to be shipped over so the markup was enough that it made more sense to just lump it in with what she was getting anyway. If it doesn’t turn up before long I’ll take a look at the eBay store.