Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
What's the current best handheld in the $50-$60 range? Somewhere in the size range of a phone. This will be a gift for a friend primarily playing any MegaMan. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

hatty posted:

Interested in how that trackball feels

I wonder how well Golden Tee will run.
**me launching the new atari handheld into the television**

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I've been looking for a decent hand held for a friend that only really wants MegaMan on the go. His bday is coming up. $40 R36S + SD Card is perfect. Thanks for bringing it up Webbeh!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Small Strange Bird posted:

Cancelled my R36S order because it still hadn't been sent, even though the expected delivery date was yesterday. :smith: Oh well, maybe I'll put the money towards an RP4 Pro.

I bought mine from YYDZKJ Store here on Feb 07 to Denver, Co. Showed up by Feb 15. Ordered as a gift but took the time to swap the OsSD for a Amazon Basics card and start up a few games. Everything seems as advertised.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806036630053.html

jkq posted:

Genuinely curious - why keep it running JELOS? I'm running GammaOS on mine.

Different chip etc, but I kept it on ArkOS. I saw JelOS exists for it.. is there a good breakdown of what different OSs bring to the party?
I couldn't really see much difference with the different Linux options.

deong fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 21, 2024

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Manky posted:

I used a split pad pro intensively for years, and for what it's worth, I upgraded to a Nitro Deck at Christmas and it's a two steps forward, one step back kinda deal (not being able to dock without removing the grip is a big con). But totally worth it if you missed rumble and gyro like I did.

https://crkd.gg/pages/ndplus
The (pre-order) nitro deck + will have an HDMI dongle for TV play. ETA April.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

The 7th Guest posted:

i feel like the purpose of having a transparent case is lost on an exterior controller shell. the transparent white in particular makes it look cheap as poo poo. lol that they're not doing any other colors

Even funnier, the rear panel is white, not transparent.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Is there something similar to Vampire Survivors that can run on the r36s?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
What is the best plex like system for music?
I have a friend that is getting somewhat irrationally angry at spotify/streaming algorithms. Wants to replace it with his own stream server that he rips cd's too. I know plex/plexamp work (well for my use), but is there something more tailored?
His current needs would being able to play music within his network, and then downloading to his phone for offline listening. Preferably in the form of playlist syncing that he'll manage.

I'm thinking i'll push him to buy that n100 box with TrueNas Core.

He's a computer toucher by trade but he's burnt out.

e. doh, I thought i was in the nas thread with all the n100/plex talk. Moving there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Just a heads up, I had issues with the Amazon Basics SD Card in my r36s. Not sure why, but it seems to be a finicky device. It is particular enough the Reddit forum has a list of good/bad cards.
list here : https://tinyurl.com/5eawj2ve
Not sure how device specific this is, but might help finding a card.