Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Thanks to everyone in the PYF recent purchases thread I ended buying an an indigo one as well

I bought the NES version. They really nailed it with the color options.

Here's a good breakdown video that was posted there as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0nTVNOuBBc

Can't wait to check it out sometime in 2021 when it arrives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Tim Whatley posted:

If anybody goes RK2020 here is the image I recommend flashing to it. Use WIN32 DiskImager, do not use Etcher.
https://github.com/christianhaitian/rk2020/wiki/TheRA-2.4-NTFS-(Updated-8-9-2020)

I paid the dumb $15 for DHL on the Retroid. Side note and potentially exciting with the Retroid Pocket 2, if it gets a newer Android version, you could also use it for Xbox xCloud Game Pass Streaming.

How long can one expect this type of device to be supported/updated? I can't imagine too long.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rolo posted:

Here’s my post in PYF about Retroid’s shipping method.

I sent the email about doing this yesterday and got a reply last night so we'll see how the DHL shipping method is.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Slimy Hog posted:

I guess they're shipping out ~600 orders each day and notifications are ~1-2 days delayed, so we should see ours soon!

Got my shipping confirmation last night! Paid extra for the DHL so we'll see how long it takes now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rolo posted:

When did you order? I did on 8/22 and nothing yet.

8/24.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Slimy Hog posted:

Oh drat! That's after I did! what color did you order?

NES color scheme (Retro).

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Slimy Hog posted:

Anyone get their Retroid Pocket 2 yet?

Mine shipped the 4th and got to Cincinnati on the 5th and now it's in Nebraska, showing delivery for the 14th.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Mine showed up today. Now to turn it on and try to figure out how to get games on it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rolo posted:

I may have posted it but there’s a r/Retroid subreddit that has a compiled guide/advice sticky.

If you don’t want serious customization, I think you just run the Retroid app that’s preinstalled. A common hiccup is that you have to connect to the WiFi again once you load it.

That sticky is very helpful, thanks. There is a ton of preinstalled games which surprises me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So if I want to use a bigger memory card do I just copy the existing folders directly over to the new card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Slimy Hog posted:

Only if you want to use retroid os + their game "store".

Got mine! Now I'm just waiting on reset collection to... Scan or something

I'm actually preferring to use the Retroid os so far. It just works and everything is fairly organized. The store actually has a whole bunch of games which was useful because a lot of my roms aren't working.