Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I was looking at getting a Miyoo Mini+ or 35XX, but the reviews say that the SD cards + roms that it comes with are likely bad. Is that true?

Are people doing full OS/rom reinstalls and replacing the SD cards when they get them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

waiting for the hera, personally

What is the Hera?

err fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 25, 2023

err
Apr 11, 2005

canyonero posted:

I ordered a RG35XX Plus over the weekend. It's my first retro console! My criteria was bluetooth, video output, and playability up to Dreamcast. I had settled on either the Anbernic RG-353M or Retroid Pocket 2S, but both were $30ish more than I wanted to spend. I happened upon a video about the Plus going on sale this weekend, and it checked all the boxes. Looking forward to checking it out.

Same, pretty excited for it.

I'd eventually like to get one that plays later consoles, like N64, but those seem a bit more expensive.

err
Apr 11, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

Getting new devices is the hobby

does anyone itt have a nano on their keychain?

err
Apr 11, 2005

loving my 35XX Plus. perfect mix of size/performance. having WiFi and HDMI on the same device is so nice and the extra battery life is noticeable.

err
Apr 11, 2005

Seems like the RP4 is having trigger issues according to the subreddit. They are sending replacement backplates and people are replacing the springs themselves. Doesn't seem too bad but it is an issue.

err
Apr 11, 2005

Can the RG35XX H play most PS1 games? Or is there something else more powerful in that style?

err
Apr 11, 2005

Substandard posted:

Got my RG35XX-H. Loading it up now. I'm curious to see how genesis and N64 stuff does on it, but I played a bit of PS1 stuff and it all ran perfect. I really like the form factor. It's smaller than my phone.

Report back. I'm about to pull the trigger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

Anbernic 👑