Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
uhhh yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.
As an average joe SA GOON, this corp is right for me

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
loving hell. I won Eve 6 years ago after nearly a decade starting in Syndicate.

Why do I want to put myself through this again

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Poitot beckons.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Raged posted:

loving hell. I won Eve 6 years ago after nearly a decade starting in Syndicate.

Why do I want to put myself through this again

It's the drama. The pubbie CEO drama gets my juices flowing

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Sheep posted:

I promise you that if anything 1/100th of the level of the poo poo Valador was posting in leadership ever occurs in Groon I will leak it to both forums and general immediately.

Goddamnit I guess we're BREAKING UP TODAY

Oh wait carry on having fun 'n stuff I guess

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
This is the kind of drama i signed up for (again)

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
So if people see us as the bad guys in pocket Eve, and we leave the fake PL/Goons/Valfucks and join the splinter group real Goons, are we now the anti-heroes, or the real heroes? Little bees want to know.

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Kungfu Trader posted:

So if people see us as the bad guys in pocket Eve, and we leave the fake PL/Goons/Valfucks and join the splinter group real Goons, are we now the anti-heroes, or the real heroes? Little bees want to know.

I'm waiting for there to be enough splinter corps that we can super glue them all together and build one big happy goon tree.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Kungfu Trader posted:

I don’t think we’re heroes but I do have Little Bees stuck in my head again thanks to you.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Dox023 posted:

I don’t think we’re heroes but I do have Little Bees stuck in my head again thanks to you.

I aim to please :)

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I mean, in EO we was the good guys fighting the big bad BoB at one point. We've just come full circle.

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Kungfu Trader posted:

If we're trying to speedrun EE at this point we're doing great. We've got a group of people trying to take advantage of playing EE from the start and getting setup as the old guard with overbearing control in Delve aiming to treat allies and sub corps like poo poo. The we also have a group of Goons bothered by that who want to try and actually enjoy the game instead.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Raged posted:

It's the drama. The pubbie CEO drama gets my juices flowing

And no caps or supercaps

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I mean, in EO we was the good guys fighting the big bad BoB at one point. We've just come full circle.

Well with EO there are still the standard BoB etc people there, they are still around. With this game? I think the most important thing is we take the piss out of the fact around people taking it signficiantly serious enough and run full systems of "you must get this amount of fleet battles to stay / contribute this / tax at 100%" kind of thing. I was seeing the previous corporation/alliance going down the path of serious business so I am happy to see that this is less serious business.

Serious business is alright, but I not longer have the time to sit floating in space for 5 hours orbiting a gate while someone comes online occasionally and yells "STOP making GBS threads UP COMMS"

That is my throughts around it anyway.

Starbucks fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 25, 2020

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Yeah right now we’re just finding out how to have fun as goons and all work together. We have people like Kris who have been in multiple goon games who are stepping up and making cool tools so goons can do cool things.

It’s the first time I have felt good about our direction yet, and that’s because we’re working with familiar faces trying to help.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I had so much fun playing talking to goons on EVE Echoes that I got my fully fitted Coercer II - which was equivalent to half of my total wealth - blown up by an incoming wave of rats on a tier 5 mission. And there's no insurance. Good game, would get popped again.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

rocketrobot posted:

I had so much fun playing talking to goons on EVE Echoes that I got my fully fitted Coercer II - which was equivalent to half of my total wealth - blown up by an incoming wave of rats on a tier 5 mission. And there's no insurance. Good game, would get popped again.

Hit some goons up and we can probably get that replaced for free, homedog

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

SpaceDrake posted:

Hit some goons up and we can probably get that replaced for free, homedog

Thanks space brosef. I actually have enough collected modules to replace everything but the rigs and ship. And the ship isn't that expensive.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Been waiting for the splinter to join. Surprised it took this long.

The OP has been averaging 1/3 of a post for 15 years. I hope this isn't the lackadaisical goondom we are settling for.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

jabro posted:

Been waiting for the splinter to join. Surprised it took this long.

The OP has been averaging 1/3 of a post for 15 years. I hope this isn't the lackadaisical goondom we are settling for.

Me? I've been shitposting for years, AI guys can definitely vouch for my inherent terribleness. PS I'm not CEO

In other news it appears Vichy Goons are shooting us in spite of our best efforts to take the high road and set them blue, so hold on to your butts

The Man
Jun 17, 2008

rocketrobot posted:

Sorry again about that IOU one trip to gain fabulous space riches :toot:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tremek posted:

Me? I've been shitposting for years, AI guys can definitely vouch for my inherent terribleness. PS I'm not CEO

In other news it appears Vichy Goons are shooting us in spite of our best efforts to take the high road and set them blue, so hold on to your butts

last I saw in the notgoons discord before i got turbobanned for calling valador a pubbie gently caress was that everything is NBSI, and they pointedly have not set GROO or Ten Dollar Bond blue, so yeah you're probably gonna have nerds shooting at you, both pubbies and low info goons.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

It appears Vichy Goons have set GROO to blue for now so maybe crisis averted but hey it's EVE so TBD

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tremek posted:

It appears Vichy Goons have set GROO to blue for now so maybe crisis averted but hey it's EVE so TBD

Yeah i got banned from there yesterday before the appropriate offerings of ham had been presented between the various diplomatic members.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I'm in and gettin ready to hump rocks for great GOON justice.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

orange juche posted:

Yeah i got banned from there yesterday before the appropriate offerings of ham had been presented between the various diplomatic members.

Thank God everyone brought the right flavor hotpocket to the pre-Ham-Lunch snack exchange or the whole thing would have been over before it started...

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I'm in and gettin ready to hump rocks for great GOON justice.

I'm cised to rat tonight and churn out some isk and loot for the corp because it's going to help cool goons do their space chip thing and that's good enough for me

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The Man posted:

Sorry again about that IOU one trip to gain fabulous space riches :toot:

Nah, completely my fault. Already have enough to upgrade to an Omen after selling spare gear and doing a few missions in my trainer.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a [GROO]

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
This Fireside chat is so lit right now. Good communication 10/10 would sit and listen again

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

It was like a xoom meeting about spreadsheets and spaceships. But no video so couldn't tell if anyone was jerkin it.

If anyone is still on the fence, this already seems more organized than any other clan/guild I've been involved with, but with no high pressure stakes. I have no idea what I'm doing and just spinning my ship while doing highsec missions and I still feel like a member of the team.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I was there the day EE exploded and goons rifted.

That was today. It was today. I'm here today. Hello.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I was there the day EE exploded and goons rifted.

That was today. It was today. I'm here today. Hello.

See you next Tuesday

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So far, my biggest regret in echoes is that I was working when that swarm of noobship bots was out and I missed my chance to repeatedly kill them, in the name of fair chase

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

inkmoth posted:

So far, my biggest regret in echoes is that I was working when that swarm of noobship bots was out and I missed my chance to repeatedly kill them, in the name of fair chase

they're still there and they won't stop respawning. people are gonna have amazing killboards when that goes live.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
How dare you have more than 29 post count for leading the true goons... :lmao:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
THE ATROCITIES!

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Greater Goon Emergency Leadership Council: Transparency Announcement

2020-08-25: Today, Pharnakes and the Emergency Leadership Council were approached by SonBanana as an envoy of what he termed as the GSE’s Leadership Council. He was the polite, earnest, and passionate Banana many know him to be.

Banana explained that Valador has stepped down both as leader of the alliance, and that their council consisting of SonBanana, Valador, Skew, Silmerias, Chillmatica, Bravo, and Clare Scarlet, and among other asks, are requesting that Greater Goon (re)join the alliance.

SonBanana also pledged his word that he - and they - want us to all be “blue forever”, in his words. The Emergency Leadership Council is in mutual agreement that all Goons should remain blue to one another.

Upon consideration, and for avoidance of all doubt - the Emergency Leadership Council categorically rejects the proposal made by GSE. Their proposal is at the bottom of this announcement per the screenshot provided by SonBanana.

The GROO Emergency Leadership Council rejects this proposal on the grounds that the self-described GSE Leadership Council is not representing the legitimate will of EE Goons.

Per the GROO’s Fireside Chat this evening, Greater Goon will be returning the assets back to GSE that were held for safekeeping by Pharnakes.

We are, however, intent on maintaining the status quo and staying blue to GSE and its constituent corps, for a period of a week, during which time further discussions on the part of the Emergency Leadership Council and legitimate representatives of the remaining GSE members may revisit this subject.

Greater Goon has in a scant 24 hours demonstrated that you - the members of EE Goons - are the heart of Goons in EE, and the Emergency Leadership Council intends to continue to honor your collective will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009