Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Wow, way to validate every single misgiving people had about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

So I remember back when I played Eve I had some drone boat loaded with shields to so some sort of weird inverse tank that got stronger as you lost shield.

I think I was in gallente? Is that a real thing I may be misremembering? This would have been more than 10 yeara ago.

Passive shield tank... Vexor / Ishtar?

The vexor is in the game but because of the scarcity of drones all droneships are currently gimped, and because all active hardeners are broken passive tanks don't really work.

Passive shields worked in EO because recharge scaled higher the lower shields were. Is that the same here? It seems like it's uniform recharge no matter the percentage

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Are there not that many ships in game currently? I only see 4 mining ships and they all look the same, only like 4 industrial ships too.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Are you expanding the market search area?

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Ship tree is the best way to view whats ingame ship wise right now.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.

Popete posted:

Does this guy think he was coronated as Emperor of Rome?

He's also a terrible heel, he's stupid so you feel a little bad for him and it's not as fun

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Uriel is the most craven bootlicker, someone said he’s actual KF?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Are you expanding the market search area?

I did not know that was a thing, thanks!

ThatEvilOne posted:

Ship tree is the best way to view whats ingame ship wise right now.

I keep forgetting to take a look at this also.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

Rust Martialis posted:

Uriel is the most craven bootlicker, someone said he’s actual KF?

God I hope not unless he's just some pubbie who saw an opportunity from KF EO

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

Clare is definitely KF proper, and also a piece of poo poo. Also, jacked my poo poo out of delve earlier for the imminent loss of blue, will be happy to fly back myself to shove my Omen up Valadors rear end in a top hat.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

tehgrif posted:

Clare is definitely KF proper, and also a piece of poo poo. Also, jacked my poo poo out of delve earlier for the imminent loss of blue, will be happy to fly back myself to shove my Omen up Valadors rear end in a top hat.

Listen getting promoted to Wendy's Assistant Manager is a BIG DEAL you see

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Sir and or madam, this is a Starbucks drive through.

Adustust
May 7, 2004
Don't miss out on this. Best mobile game to date with developers not grabbing quarter out of you butthole. Don't ask me why they're there.

GROON is the legitimate goon Corp, don't be fooled by the other space proud boys.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GROO and the overflow corp XBUX are the ones to join now.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
This game is pretty good, but the drama so far has been even better.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Popete posted:

Does this guy think he was coronated as Emperor of Rome?

Has anyone perhaps tried to tell him suck my dick you fuckman? That might change his attitude.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Mea culpa time. Because I'm tired of dealing with this poo poo no name is worth this poo poo.

So I'm going to share my insider view of the brief time of the Goonswarm Empire in EVE Echoes.

It all started with a post mentioning Echoes, now I originally discovered Goons through EVE at first I bought into the whole evil Goons sociopaths of EVE view that most pubbies believe but after being in RVB for a couple of years I decided that it was time to check out nullsec life. I ended up with a corporation that was a part of the CFC so I did some digging on my future allies which brought me to SA, at first I joined just to see what I was getting into. And I found my tribe. Long after I stopped playing I kept poo poo posting.

Anyway EE is announced and I figure that there will be a Goon presence, it's EVE after all. So I find the thread sign up for the beta and start working with the Goons who where playing. Some 50 odd nerds testing and breaking game mechanics.

No Imperium presence just a few SA Goons wanting to play phone EVE and lay down the ground work to provide the kind of support infrastructure in place that the swarm provides Goons in EO.

The original self designated leader was Erev but he had to step down due to personal reasons and put Valador forward as the new leader, we worked with him during the two betas and he seemed like a reasonable sincere person who was willing to listen so I was perfectly fine sticking with him.

Now my first hint that something was wrong was the last minute change in plans to go armor and lasers which struck me as odd since we'd all agreed by the end of the final beta that we were going to go with a shield missile doctrine (like the rest of the loving player base), unfortunately I was really available the week prior to launch so I wasn't in the loop for why the change was made. It wasn't until a few days after launch when he was pushing for PvP Ops that I finally got the reason for the last minute change which was that one of his pubbie allies convinced him that it would be the perfect fit for Delve after convincing him that Goons should take Delve as our home.

I had been working on trying to get EO Goons into the alliance because I'm a Goon and the whole point of this for me was to establish a Goon homeland. And it's not much of a Goon homeland without Goons. So when I was asked about getting Free Birds in I was thrilled I didn't know that Valador had the crazy requirement of turning over control of their corporation which caught me flat footed because it never even occurred to me that he'd have such a requirement. The explanation wasn't particularly wonderful either, I planned on trying to talk to him about it but then the tax snafu happened by this point the pattern was starting to become clear

I planned a voice chat with Valador and another with Mr Bird and Lykos later trying to get that mess sorted out, but after a lunch time voice chat the big alliance voice riot is going on and I make the mistake of telling him that he needs to go in there take responsibility for the gently caress up on the communication and calm things down.

Of course we all know what happened then afterwards I get to have an extremely embarrassing voice chat with Mr Bird and Lykos apologizing and asking for patience while I try to work on Valador.

Of course by this time it's obvious that he's got to go, but he has the corporations and the alliance which includes the names, so the question becomes how to get him to give them up. He has already demonstrated that he's extremely defensive so I decide to focus on the legitimate need to diversify ownership.

Then I get up this morning and the inviting PL thing was blowing up, this galvanized the rest of the leadership into the idea that he had to go if there was any chance of salvaging this mess. The problem was how to get a paranoid defensive wannabe tyrant to give up power, particularly when it's someone with whom you have developed a bond and you like as a person? When he's not under the stresses that being alliance leader creates.

So we have an intervention, SonBanana, myself and the rest the leadership council get him into coms and explain that for the good of the alliance he needs to step back from alliance leader and relinquish control of the member corps.

He agrees to this, I get the information out to the GF forums so that he'll be locked into the decision.

We have the meeting with Groon that goes well and mostly civilized and everything is looking fine then right before I start typing this post in comes Valador saying that after much thought he's decided not to do what we agreed to do and that he wasn't going to give up control of the member corps and that he was returning to his original plan.

So I'm done with him. I'm done defending him I'm done trying to save him from himself. I don't necessarily believe that he is some sort of spy or scammer but I definitely don't believe that he is even remotely salvageable as a leader.

I had hoped that the situation could be salvaged but it appears to be a lost cause.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs

drat bro you change sides faster than someone changing something fast as hell huh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Amazing.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Skex posted:

Of course we all know what happened then afterwards I get to have an extremely embarrassing voice chat with Mr Bird and Lykos apologizing and asking for patience while I try to work on Valador.

Of course by this time it's obvious that he's got to go, but he has the corporations and the alliance which includes the names, so the question becomes how to get him to give them up. He has already demonstrated that he's extremely defensive so I decide to focus on the legitimate need to diversify ownership.

So I'm done with him. I'm done defending him I'm done trying to save him from himself. I don't necessarily believe that he is some sort of spy or scammer but I definitely don't believe that he is even remotely salvageable as a leader.

I had hoped that the situation could be salvaged but it appears to be a lost cause.

That's quite a heel turn there from all of....a day ago.

Skex posted:

As such I tend to give him a lot of deference because I know that it's a pain in the rear end job that I don't want. Yeah he's a hard rear end when it comes to expecting people to respect his efforts, Now I personally haven't been party to all of the various conversations and I suspect that no shortage of the issues are going to come down to text just being a really poo poo way to communicate and possibly some to dick waving contests and power struggle as some of the late comer EO Goons try to assert dominance. I'm sure things could have been handled better, but that's always the case. It's a game not a job so all of the peanut gallery being all "off with his head, he sucks as a leader" just strike me as well why so serious?

To clarify, the things about the corp ownership is due to hosed up mechanics and the thinking of some of our leadership about how to organize things. The deal was if you want to bring your corp and people into the in game alliance you had to turn over control of the corp and assimilate.

Now there were some legitimate valid criticisms made about how things were structured, we listened to that valid criticism and we're taking steps to address them, what wasn't a valid demand was that Valador step down. Yeah he made some mistakes, but if we demanded the resignation and head of every leader who makes a mistake or has a bad day no one would want the job, Valador was pressed into leadership because Erev had other commitments and no one else wanted that thankless job.

To be clear I still have confidence in Valador as a leader, he may be a little hot headed at times but his heart is in the right place.

Pharnakes on the other hand is a goonfucker who ran off with the resources gathered through the collective efforts of membership because he didn't get his way.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
I dont know what that whole PL thing was about, but it was the straw that broke the camels back for me.
You cant even be blue to them because they'll flip at a moments notice for juicy killmails.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

Skex get hosed dude.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Is it a civil war if one side is called GOONS but is comprised of pubbies?

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
It really makes you wonder how poo poo at leading you have to be to make a staunch boot-licker like Skex turncoat on you in less than 24 hours.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

nullscan posted:

Is it a civil war if one side is called GOONS but is comprised of pubbies?

Hardly.
The discord they want to boot us from is a wasteland. No one is talking in the "empire discord" (or whatever) any longer.
So all the remaining members doesn't seem to be using the infrastructure at all. Thats a great sign!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Hope Dies Last

Venerable Monk
Jun 28, 2012

Skex posted:

Mea culpa time.

Honestly man, we spent hours trying to explain this to you, SonBanana, Erev, etc.
It was very clear that the guy is a narcissist and a terrible leader.

You either knew this and still defended him to the death, in which case you are a terrible person... or more charitably it took you far too long to realize who was right and who was wrong, in which case your judgment is extremely questionable and you are not to be trusted anywhere near a position of leadership.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
the question is, how groony is groon

there is a non zero chance i might join

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Personally I won’t fault Erev, Skex or Son yet; because the solution was and is, to get Valador out of CEO slot.

Given his evident instability, I actually agree the safest way to slide him out was to work with him if it was at all possible, to avoid having him flip out (as he apparently has now done).

However, I am pressed to see how anyone left in ersatz-Goons can retain any hope that Valador will do the right thing at this point. Skex has admitted he held on to healing the split too long, and I can see why you would have tried one last time only to have Valador gently caress you over completely before giving up.

It’s anyone left propping up a tinpot Fakettani at this stage who can hold no illusion that they aren’t backing a lunatic. I hope Son wakes up and :sever:

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

The alliance name isn't that important guys, just come over to GROO

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

nullscan posted:

The alliance name isn't that important guys, just come over to GROO

I'm not even playing this, and I smell some shady poo poo coming from Skex. I wouldn't trust him or his lot if I were anyone in GROO. Look up "flip flopper" and all its associated synonyms - they'd all fit as descriptors for Cowardor and his latchkey corp crew.

Institute the same application rules as Goonwaffe in EO - hopefully this will prevent their like from sneaking in, otherwise I think you guys may have some issues with those poser Doppelgooners.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

Caeks posted:

I'm not even playing this, and I smell some shady poo poo coming from Skex. I wouldn't trust him or his lot if I were anyone in GROO. Look up "flip flopper" and all its associated synonyms - they'd all fit as descriptors for Cowardor and his latchkey corp crew.

Institute the same application rules as Goonwaffe in EO - hopefully this will prevent their like from sneaking in, otherwise I think you guys may have some issues with those poser Doppelgooners.

Yes. Why the gently caress would we want to play with someone like this. You call Pharn a goonfucker and now all of a sudden you don't believe that. Oh, actually the whole time you thought Pharn was in the right and actually Valador was bad but it was a secret op so you had to pretend to be a shithead. No. gently caress off.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Can we start to tone down the drama in here a little and get back to playing the game?...

Drama is the game.

Adustust
May 7, 2004

Raged posted:

Has anyone perhaps tried to tell him suck my dick you fuckman? That might change his attitude.

Ya, pretty sure he banned everyone who told him that, about 150 actual goons.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I get where Skex is coming from for sure. They were trying to pry away the corps and allaince from valador. Thing is its been what 11 days? That's something we can rebuild rather quickly. So just come join us Skex and bring over as many as you can. I really worry for goons who arent paying attention, but hopefully they just read the last thread and this one and see whats up.

Adustust
May 7, 2004

Alligator Tower posted:

Skex get hosed dude.

He sure did leave out how much he defended Valador and did his best to stay quiet and discredit real goons concerns. There were mountains of screenshots and audio of Val being an unstable rear end in a top hat and to continue to defend him just makes him look like Kellyanne Conway tbh.

Glad he turned around in the end but should have zero cred now. I agree with Caeks, if he throws stones and calls heroes like Pharn a goonfucker he made his decision and needs to live with it. Go find another pubbie Corp leader to fondle.

Adustust fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 26, 2020

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

Works for me

edit: forgot clousey's "Skex can come just obviously 0 chance of any actual power ever" clause preceding this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alligator Tower fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 26, 2020

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

He literally went around purging goons from discord and telling us to gently caress off for days, even after valador came back posting about how everyone is a terrorist, he was still there backing him up. Dude can definitely eat poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

We need to all just get along and work together to be a big happy community! #BeeLivesMatter