Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Jullian Situ

A lawyer by trade, Jullian was born into a small mildly-prosperous merchant household. A former member of the Peasant-Miner Alliance Jullian was expelled from the party and spent a year in prison due to his criticism of the PMA's capture by Royalist influences. Since his release he has steadily grown closer to the NCP's brand of anti-imperialist, socially conscious guided democracy. However cracks already seem to be appearing between his stated views and those of the party, with calls to end the crisis in the South from a position of strength with concessions made in order to bring peace and unity to Anthe.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ

I am calling for immediate party elections for the leadership of the National Construction Party. I nominate myself and believe the party platform we as a party need to unite behind is expressed admirably by this pamphlet I have had produced.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 29, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

(To an assembled group of the party with journalists present.)

I have called you all hear to announce the formal withdrawal of my candidacy for the leadership of the NCP. Now I know many of you will be disappointed by this, but my candidacy was always an attempt at finding the best platform for the party, one that both the party and the people could unite behind. And in the Countess' platform I believe we have found just that. I call on all my supporters to go forwards to the National Election with the same fervour you have been thus far. Remember that the spiritual life of the nation is at stake. The FCP are attempting to rip the beating heart of science and education out of the Churches through their campaign for 'secularisation'. This can only harm our nation's quest for progressive science, one tempered by the human spirit and not what one finds most profitable. The RA on the other hand would see us on another dark path. One that mirrors that of the Hyadeans. Only the NCP offers a future in which the Nation and the Churches walk hand in hand as partners, not a future where one holds a chain around the other's neck. In the name of stability and continuity I place all my hopes in that of Countess San Saturnino and the NCP, and I hope you all join me in that. Thank you.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 30, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
If you add them altogether they're at parity :ssh:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

(To a journalist performing a doorstop interview.)

Yes thank you for asking I have had the words of Sr. Falgueras relayed to me. For your readers I would like it known that the policies Sr. Falgueras is responding to are not those necessarily held by the National Construction party, but personal views expressed within material produced as part of my unsuccessful bid for party leadership. But if I could respond to his recent outburst I would say this. Can we really take seriously a man who proudly suggests that the protection of children is dictatorial? Can your readers really countenance voting for a man who would balk at a simple review of teaching materials as governmental over-reach? Are we sure such a man will not next consider that the sentences are too high and conditions too harsh in our prisons for those who seriously mean our children harm? What does it say about his party's policies that the safety of our children is not simply a non-priority, but in fact a repulsive and vile concept that his party must undermine? It would seem between the FCP's rejection of the household as core to Anthen culture, and now the RA's disgust at protecting our children, that the NCP is the only major party that will support the traditional bonds of family now, and into the future.

I would also hasten to remind Sr. Falgueras that he is a member of a party that wishes to see further powers granted to our gracious Queen. The NCP has a clear mandate to maintain stability and continuity with the prior administration's package of reform and democritisation. I can assure your readers that the NCP is the only party at this election who can firmly commit to the promise that we will not be attempting to sully the constitution our nation sacrificed so much to achieve. Perhaps Sr. Falguera should try being more vigilant against those within his own party. Thank you.

ooc:You might want to change the venue you were speaking at, it's currently illegal for unions to organise for political purposes.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 30, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
A cartoon printed alongside Jullian Situ's latest interview

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 30, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
A film poster for the latest hit on Anthe, the piece tells the story of a former soldier, Antonio Val (Juan Francisco Ferrufino), who in the last years of the de Luna administration returns from his tour of duty to his farm in the south. He finds his household in ruin, bandits plague the area. Realising he must do anything to protect his loved ones and his livelihood he reluctantly takes up his arms again. At the climax of the film and in what looks set to be his dark and ignominious end Antonio and his entire household fight a desperate last stand against the bandits. Shots flying through the windows of Antonio's humble homestead. Until cresting the hill is the forces of the Anthen military causing the bandits to immediately rout! In the epilogue we are told a year has passed, Antonio and his family sit at a dinner table with copious amounts of food. A knock at the door. It's the officer leading the force who saved his family, he has traded in his military uniform for a smart suit with an NCP lapel pin, shocked Antonio invites him in, but the former officer declines instead calling Antonio and his family outside to meet their brand new tractor!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

To a hastily assembled collection of the press

This sort of wildly irresponsible and violent rhetoric from the Steel Pact is exactly why we in the NCP denounce the positions of the FCP in their quest for irresponsible speech. As someone who has himself been at the wrong end of the law due to my outspoken views, I feel I am best positioned to say that the state must continue to maintain its role in mediating the public airing of views in order to stop such intimidation in the future. I call on the authorities to pursue charges against the members of the Steel Pact responsible for this disgusting air graffiti and ask the FCP if they could enlighten us as to why they deem such threats to the law-abiding citizens of Anthe as deserving of no consequences? How can we respect the results of an election where many may feel they cannot participate for fear of retribution?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Sep 1, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

Fellow deputies, the more I consider bill PB-1 the more incensed I become. There could be no single piece of legislation better crafted to sabotage future negotiations with the southern secessionists than this current bill before us. Not only will the findings of any committee that results from this legislation be used by the secessionists to justify further violence, whatever those findings may be. And not only does it rob negotiators of a strong concession we could instead offer these terrorists in return for a laying down of arms. But the act of voting down bill PB-1 will itself act as justification for further violence and taint future negotiations.

There are two possibilities here, either the FCP wishes to see another generation of violent upheaval for law-abiding Anthen citizens in the South, or the FCP is wholly incompetent and cannot think through the consequences of their idealistic posturing. This bill can only harm their cause and yet they revel in it.

Given their recent failure to bargain for a simple coalition, perhaps they should leave such delicate negotiations to those more experienced and retract this bill on their own.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 3, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

While I thank the member of the Education committee for attempting to find innovative ways to fund my Office, I would point out that we currently already run a national lottery in order to fund social welfare spending. Can the Hon. Heliotropo assure us that this newly proposed lottery would not canibalise the funding received from the extant lottery?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Internal budget for the Office of the Interior for the months July-October 3460

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 10, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

PB-7 The Finance Powers Act

Purpose: To reduce financial volatility the Secretary of Finance will be empowered to order the nationalisation of financial institutions deemed of vital national interest.
1. That the Office of Finance be granted powers to designate financial institutions as vital to the national interest.
2. That the Secretary of Finance be granted discretionary power of nationalisation over said vital institutions.
3. That compensation be granted to owners and shareholders pursuant to valuation of the institution by the Office of Finance.
4. That evidence of criminal mismanagement which may harm the financial stability of Anthe waive said right to compensation.
5.That the Queen have power of veto over this discretionary power, able to be overturned by the House of Deputies pursuant to current law.
6. That a 5 person consultative body consisting of the heads of the economics departments of the three largest Anthen universities and the head and another senior member of the faculty of theology from the Colonial Houses of Theoria be formed on use of this power in order to give expert advice to the Queen.
7. That upon the Queen's decision to allow or to veto the nationalisation this consultative body shall be disbanded.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 7, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

Sr. Speaker the deputy for the Steel pact has already submitted his allotted number of bills, I would move that he be made to change his bill into an amendment of current law or his latest bill be struck from proceedings. I am certain that after these minor procedural matters are resolved no impediment will remain to such an innovative use of government time and funds.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 7, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

I thank the Hon. Sr. Cobos' for granting me the opportunity to explain in greater terms the bill PB-7, or the Financial Powers Act.

Firstly it was asked if I could explain the purpose of such a piece of legislation. I would gladly do so. The main purpose in the near future will be to allow the government to nationalise the largest and most patriotic bank and reward its work with the merger of its private expertise with our state's firm guiding hand. Through this nationalisation we will create Anthe's first central bank. This central bank will allow us to firmly control any inflationary pressure arising from the NCP-RA government's decision to drastically increase wages and to overhaul and fund social welfare.

Secondly it was asked whether there needed to be more checks and balances. I would respond negatively. There are three explicit checks and balances in the legislation, the Office must first designate an institution as vital. This is no mere arbitrary declaration. It is a designation arrived at by the non-partisan public servants of our excellent Office of Finance. Then the Secretary must weigh up whether the political cost of taking on a bank is worth it. They have deep pockets enough for biting political cartoons that may just sway an election. And then the major decision lies with the Queen backed by expert advice from the top academics in the field. To suggest the Queen could not come to a satisfactory conclusion about the necessity of a nationalisation in those circumstances, well it would be downright criminal. Further checks would risk making the discretionary nature of the power irrelevant.

Thirdly it was asked whether the Office of Finance would have a conflict of interest in valuing the financial institution. To this I would refer to my previous answer. There are already so many checks and balances in place that a maliciously low valuation would immediately be picked up by both the Secretary fearing for his re-election, the Queen and then the top academics. The valuation would face intense scrutiny along its entire journey. So no, I don't expect such a malicious plan from our public servants.

Fourthly it was asked who would make the determination of criminal mismanagement. The courts would. Compensation would be waived if a financial institution vital to the national interest, or its senior members faced a criminal conviction for a crime which could destabilise the Anthen economy such as fraud etc.

Fifthly it was asked if there were any democratic controls on the power and to this I answer, The People, of course. You can rest assured Sr. Cobo that if a majority of the common people feel strongly and deeply enough opposed to the nationalisation of a bank, that the Queen will notice.

Thank you.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

3640 Budget Bill - YEA

PB-1, or the Justice and Human Dignity Act - NAY
PB-2, or the Ecological Regulation Act - NAY
PB-3, or the Ecological Advisory Act - YEA
PB-4, or the Royal Powers Expansion Committee Act - YEA
PB-5, or The Act To Establish A Commission of Public Health and Safety - YEA
PB-5(2), or The Anthen National Lottery Act - NAY
PB-6, or the Tourism Promotion Act - NAY
PB-7, or the Finance Powers Act - YEA
PB-8, or The Remedial Instruction Act - NAY
PB-9, or 'The Law of Building A Towering Ramp [...]' - NAY
PB-10, or The Labor Office Act - YEA
PB-11, or 'The Law to Establish A Royal Commission on the Nature and Victims of Past Violence’ - YEA
PB-12, or 'The End of Household Monopolies Act' - YEA
PB-13, or The Vacant Land Redistribution Act' - YEA
PB-14, or 'The Decennial Educator's Summit Act' - YEA
PB-15, or The Public Toilets Act - YEA

A-1, or an Amendment to the Law of Public Associations - YEA.

CA-1, or the Voting Rights Expansion Amendment - NAY

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

Sr. Speaker, I move that Deputy Lucio be censured for his recent comments on the Royal Commission and the Queen's composure within the pages of the gutter press. The undermining of this vital legislation which has already been debated, passed the House and received Royal assent, can only be an attempt to inflame tensions for political gain. His revisionist narrative of the FCP's bill being betrayed, that the RA was somehow duty bound to pass FCP legislation and not draft their own, or support another's is a slanderous lie.

I will say gladly that the only modifications attached to the AM bill in order to garner the National Construction Party's vote were protections for the commission's and the public's safety, no concessions owing to the nature of the investigation were ever offered by the AM. That the FCP intends to position themselves as the voice of the AO, despite the latter's insistence on non-democratic means of struggle is baffling and inconsistent with their party's platform. The AM has not been threatened or coerced in this House. There is no violent end for those Autonomists who wish to have their voice heard; it is a choice of the AO that they do not speak in these walls. To speak for them seems appropriative of a struggle that is not the FCP's to bear.

Finally, his anticipation of rulings by the commission is becoming a nasty habit of the FCP. The constant degrading of independent, democratically formed Anthen institutions is unbecoming of a party that positions themselves as those institutions' champions. Thank you.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 13, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

With the risk of breaking the confidence of trust we have developed with the AM, I think it is important to relay Sr. Meier's motivation for approaching the NCP, in order to combat such lies. The AM approached our party with the understanding that we were trepidatious of the vehemence with which the FCP were approaching the delicate situation in the South. That, as I said at the time, the FCP were unknowingly harming the very people they were hoping to help with such rhetoric. The AM's only motivation was to present a bill which the entire House could unite behind, as a symbolic moment of unity in the face of reactionary violence. I believe wholeheartedly that it was this humble request for a moment in which the entire nation could agree that not everything was right in Anthe. That changes needed to be made and justice sought. That ultimately led to our party conceding our election promise of a full pardon for all sides in the conflict. I find it deeply troubling that the FCP, who the AM seemed to believe supported their bill, would deny Anthe that humble request of unity in favour of cheap politics. Of putting their own party above the needs of the people of Anthe.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

I would urge all deputies to seriously consider the consequences of passing PB-16. The wording of the bill is such that if the Queen were to veto its passage, or the results were challenged in the courts, untold consequences would await anyone it considers 'obliged' to follow the results of the referendum and who for procedural reasons could not pass it within the next legislative session.

Secondly, the bill only requires an affirmative vote of 25% of the adult population of Anthe to change the constitution and meddle in the traditional bonds of family. Is it too much to ask that if these changes are so urgently needed, that the affirmative require at least a simple majority? If only so that those who cannot bring themselves to vote outside of the household system be counted, not even as negative, but as non-affirmative. Surely the Yes case has the most to prove? We know the household system works. Why change it without majority approval?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

PB-18, or The Technical Cooperatives Act

1. The Department of State Agriculture shall examine, survey, and identify inefficient agricultural land holdings on Anthe for the purpose of forming voluntary technical cooperatives. The Department shall develop full, adequate, and reasonable standards of what constitutes "efficient" and "inefficient" land.

2. Upon completion of such survey and identification of all such land holdings whose consolidation would improve efficiency, households will be informed of the potential benefits of closer cooperation with their neighbours and encouraged to form voluntary technical cooperatives.

3. The Office of Finance shall arrange, coordinate, and regulate low interest, favorable term loans to such technical cooperatives to provide the capital necessary to mechanise their farms.

4. The Department of State Industry will be required to fully fund the development of a number of state-owned agricultural vehicle and machinery factories to meet demand for mechanisation.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Sep 19, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

Internal budget for the months November-February 3640 for the Office of the Interior.

Bill PB-18, or The Technical Cooperatives Act has been amended to be more in line with the current political atmosphere of this house. I still believe that Anthen agriculture would be made more efficient, and our peasants' lives made better through the passage of the original Collective Farm bill, but it has been made obvious to me that such bold measures are not held in favour by the current assemblage of deputies. Perhaps our peasants can hold out hope in the future that such an ambitious bill may pass through a different make-up of the house. But know that this bill will go some way to improving your lives, and aid in our nation's mechanisation.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 19, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Canasta_Nasty posted:

Seddik Bouchareb
سدك بوشارب
FCP

Jullian Situ NCP

As you say, I have the power to assign this funding unilaterally, I don't need to include that clause. Yet, I would prefer the House to endorse this course of action with a vote on the floor. I reject entirely that this bill is not about Technical Cooperatives however, and will not be re-titling it.

PB-16, or the Voting Rights Expansion Referendum Act - NAY
PB-17, or the National Social Insurance Act - YEA
PB-18, or the Technical Cooperatives Act - YEA
PB-19, or the Religious Persecution Asylum Act of 3640 - YEA
PB-20, or the Act to Establish a Legislative Committee - YEA
PB-21, or the Anthen Bourse Act - YEA
PB-22, or the Agricultural Modernization and Rural Support Act - NAY
PB-23, or the Wage Booster Act - YEA
PB-24, or the Education in Community Act - NAY
PB-25, or the Bill to Charter an Import-Export Bank - YEA
PB-27, or the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act - YEA
PB-28, or the Justice Reform Bill - YEA
PB-29, or the Municipality Empowerment Bill - NAY
PB-30, or the National School Lunch Act - YEA
PB-31, or the Royal Society for the Arts Act - YEA

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 20, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

Sr. Bouchareb, members of your party last season degraded and derided August Meier and the AM's actions as a petty political scheme, a scheme in which they were supposedly villains for attempting to weaken the influence of the AO. In light of recent events, will your party censure these members for their blatant disregard for the lives of law-abiding citizens in the South? For irresponsibly intensifying the rhetoric around this formerly delicate situation, for attempting to assassinate the character of those who have forsworn violence?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 23, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

I would like the House to recognise, that at no point during my statements to this august body have I ever claimed or even insinuated that members of the FCP were directly involved in the planning or carrying out of the awful terrorist attacks that plague our nation. I have always, and will always maintain that the FCP, through their courting of extremist ideologues and denunciation of moderates on both sides of the crisis, are manipulating events in such a way that the current violence would become an inevitability. Whether that was their intent I cannot say. I cannot say anymore at this point, as they are currently the matter of a duel of honour.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

code:
CA-3 The National Unity Amendment

Definitions: For the purposes of this constitutional amendment "culture" herewithin includes the traditional and contemporary religious and social practices of a people.

Purpose: To promote peace on Anthe through the recognition that there is one nation on Anthe and that nation is indivisible.

1. The following passages shall be inserted into the constitution:

a. Anthe is the sole legitimate and indivisible nation with full territorial rights and claims (inclusive of orbital territory) to the entire moon bearing the same name.

b. As the first inhabitants of this moon the Anthen people's culture and language require special protections and programs to ensure their unique character remains strong and vigorous

c. The Anthen nation is a multicultural nation with a commitment to friendship between the Anthen people and those various minority cultures that have assented to reside within the Anthen nation.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 30, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

Clearly the Teacher's summit was indeed urgent business, because it seems even some of our esteemed deputies appear to be illiterate. My constitutional amendment neither provides for segregationist policies nor insinuates a value judgement over the status difference between the cultures of Anthe. It is simply prima facie evident that different cultures exist on Anthe. I am only suggesting that the constitution should recognise such a difference and commit the government to ensuring harmony and friendship between the cultures of our nation's people. But I imagine if we proposed the opposite, that all Anthens be recognised as all belonging to the one culture with no language differences, we would soon find ourselves accused by the FCP of pursuing an agenda of dangerous assimilationism. I can't stress enough how tiresome the FCP's constant failure to actually examine policy has become. Nothing in my proposed amendment is in conflict with the stated views of the First Secretary.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 30, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

Certainly. Cultural programs like Anthen art and music exhibitions, protections for traditional Anthen practices such as the Household system. The recognition and protection of our diverse religious practices etc. But also a commitment to the expansion of our unique culture through education programs focused on our culture, taught throughout our children's school life. There is nothing nefarious in protecting and expanding our people's culture. This is not a zero-sum game where our culture must by necessity dominate others.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

PB-32, or the Revised Agricultural Modernization and Rural Support Act - NAY
PB-33, or the College Land Grant Act - YEA.
PB-34, or the Domestic Labor Act - YEA.
PB-35, or the The Modernization of Education on Anthe Act of 3640 - YEA.
PB-36, or the Act to Found a University - NAY.
PB-37, or the Anthen Banking Act - YEA.
PB-38, or the Eight-Hour Act - YEA.
PB-39, or the Law for the Creation of the Department of Public Works - YEA.
PB-40, or the Victim's Rights Act - NAY.
PB-41, or the Rights of the Accused Act - NAY.
PB-42, or the Land Committee Act - YEA.
PB-43, or the Fair Sales Tax Act - NAY.

Amendments under consideration
A-2, or the Amendment to the Decennial Educator's Summit Act - YEA
A-3, or the Reasonable Foreign Exchange Regulation Act - NAY.

Constitutional Amendments under consideration
CA-2, or the First Expansion of Royal Powers Amendment - YEA
CA-3, or the National Unity Amendment - YEA

Sr. Bouchareb and his party have raised these same unthinking criticisms against the National Unity amendment again and again, and so I must apologise if I repeat myself. There is no reasonable court in the world that would examine two concurrent lines in the constitution that in one gave protection to our indigenous culture and in the other reaffirmed the multicultural nature of our nation, and then choose to believe this let any segregationist, or prejudicial law stand. This amendment would not encase Anthen culture in amber, anymore than teaching our language in schools prevents loan words from other cultures existing in our language, not at all. This amendment would ensure that it is not the role of the state to change Anthen culture unilaterally and force the people to grudgingly come along, but to provide legislation to catch up with the people's creative energy and cultural metamorphoses. An image of small government non-meddling that at any other time the FCP would support. But we all know these criticisms against symbolic language are a distraction from the FCP's true issue with the amendment, the recognition of an indivisible Anthe unable to be parceled off to the highest bidder.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jullian Situ NCP

PB-44, or the Fair Tenantry and Land Distribution Act - YEA.
PB-45, or the Security and Intelligence Oversight Committee Act - YEA.
PB-46, or the Decree on Land Act - NAY.
PB-47, or the Establishment of Local Police Forces Act - NAY.
PB-48, or the Higher Education Expansion Act - YEA.
PB-49, or the Ape Island Protection Act - YEA.
PB-50, or the Loyalty Day Act - YEA.

Amendments under consideration

A-4, Amendment to the Victim's Rights Act - NAY.