Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I realize I’m very late to this party, but the show is good and I’m glad I watched it.

When Campion’s robot girlfriend taunts her mother by asking if she’s going to break her neck again, am I supposed to take that to mean that part of the mother’s deal with needing a simulation of her dead daughter is that she regularly attacks or pantomimes killing the robot?

I had thought it meant that the mother murdered her daughter, but then the robot girlfriend says that the daughter committed suicide out of grief when she learned her mother got rich off of the weapons that poisoned Earth’s atmosphere.

I feel kind of stupid asking, but I feel like this might be one thread where a necro is appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Was the taunt after she pushed robo-daughter off the cliff? I think it's referring to that.

It’s just before she jumps off the cliff, right before they cut off her face.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

priznat posted:

Number 9 *belch*
Number 9 *belch*
Number 9 *belch*

:haw:

I really wonder how much was planned out but we’ll probably never know now :sigh:

It seems pretty clear that almost everything was. The shape of the larger story isn’t that crazy: the crazy is all in the presentation and characters, and in how the status quo shifts radically ever 2.5 episodes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

priznat posted:

I want to find out more about the lead atheist guy who had been mindwiped by the AI probably several times.

Dammit so many threads just left hanging :sigh:

It’s an interesting detail because he was extremely cynical about the leadership and purpose of the atheist faction, to the point where Sue is about to punch him when he tells her how all the generals back on Earth were selfish and cowardly, and he resented the AI really openly. I wouldn’t think an AI would want to reprogram a guy to have those traits, unless they were what the AI wanted to eradicate and could only manage imperfectly with the programming it could manage.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s basically just a succession of conversations by clever science men about abstract concepts. Occasionally part of it will be about how one of them foresaw what the other was going to do and had a contingency in place to outsmart him, but oh no the other guy saw that coming and planned his own contingency to outsmart the first guy.

One of the sequels has a teen girl teaming up with an elderly jewish couple from like an old comedy radio series or an early sitcom. It’s oddly endearing if you find old shticky jokes comforting.