Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ethiser posted:

It’s a 100% going to end with just the children left and them worshiping the androids as gods.

Maybe this is a horizon zero dawn prequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The story is actually about how there are nowhere near enough survivors or embryos to have a genetically viable human colony so we just get to watch the end of the human race while Mother tries to figure out where she went wrong

I don't understand why they didn't call the androids Banshees with their power set. Mother better raise some undead minions at some point.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaj posted:

I agree that a show of just the 2 androids and like 6 kids alone trying to rebuild Humanity would be engrossing without the whole outside antagonists. And yeah you would think that if you took months to get 1 killer robot reprogrammed to be a mother figure then you could surely get more than 12 embryos ready. Like ok start with 6 as a starter run and then spin up the other 200 for incubation. Even then they could still run with 199 children died.

There were more in the ship, they were only able to pull out like two cases before it went over the edge, but either way there were only like 12 boxes on the wall and not a lot of extra ship to hold more.

I wish they hadn't mentioned it was Kepler-22b, or at least just made up a system, because that raises a lot of questions about the tech in the show as well as making it a little unbelievable that this is the only semi-habitable planet found. Kepler is like 630 lightyears out, getting there in 12 years, even a relativistic 12 years, means they got some serious engine tech. Boldly go, people!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mokotow posted:

Interesting! Kepler is 638 ly from earth, and the y mention they needed to stay under for 13 years I think, which would mean they traveled at a factor of... 49 times the speed of light? We also don't know if Newtonian physics apply for their travel.

If they were able to maintain a constant 1g acceleration (and deceleration for the back half) they'd only need to reach like .99999c to get it done in 13 years relativistic

But if that were the case and there are really wormholes for the little ships, Mother would have had centuries to ponder her mistakes by the time the ark arrived

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

upgunned shitpost posted:

milky androids are out, completely out.

now it's all about... piths in spaaaaaaaaaaace!!!!!

???

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

upgunned shitpost posted:

the mithraics wear combat pith helmets too

Yeah, I knew what you were referring to. I love that "To be discontinued..." at the end of the episode. When you said piths the first thing I thought of was Dark Helmet tho :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

There were more, but they could only remove twelve from the craft before it fell beyond their reach.

I just went and rewatched the opening, there were only 7 metal cases on the wall and no room for there to be more hiding away, so best case there were 42 babies

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I keep hearing about the expanse. Is it good should I watch it

yes and yes

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I still have no idea what the show is about

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

wolfs posted:

Why are certain tanks and jets named things like the Chieftain, Typhoon, Osprey, Hornet, or whatever? It’s cool and evocative.

banshee is also cool and evocative and vastly more accurate to the powerset

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That's what the Ernest movies are for

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I mostly stopped watching because 4 episodes in I still hadn't figured out what the show was supposed to be about. "10 hours of padding" makes me think that wasn't' actually answered at any point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ridley Scott is doing an ama right now

https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/j3dq5n