Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Stealth Aliens prequel/sequel

Also, found out about this today. Enjoyed the first episodes a lot

Also
the necromancer is exactly like I imagine a religious group would make a android super-weapon. Flying with open arms, looking at it kills (?) humans and it's voice completely obliterate peoples. Kinda like some angel/god/divine being

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Androids apparently start to behave erratically/starts to malfunctioning after long periods of time, so, maybe, loading your ship with them to take on a long trip is not advisable.

Kinda like bringing a bunch of nukes that could explode at any time.

The other androids are not that potentially dangerous.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

knox posted:

When she disfigures the two at first, it looks like she literally spits something at them/you can see projectiles that hit their face. On the ship/when she evaporates others it looks more like a sound wave or similar to the explosion wave you see in other scenes like Campion in the hole with pod.

People can't look at her during necro time so I guess she emits radiation too ? It looked like she burned anyone looking, microwaving people

It gives an even more religious vibe, you can't look/hear her voice, angel of destruction :getin:

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 10, 2020

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
ok ep 5
the stranger the believers encounter is another necromancer right ? He's the one shape-shifting as the child to fool father, and necros have shown that they can manipulate humans somewhat (mother putting them to sleep) so he's been giving the visions to ragnar ? Maybe he's a version that got there earlier and survived the first generation there?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

banned from Starbucks posted:

Why does she have corn rows in robot mode

She reminds me of the robot from Metropolis and the corn rows seems like it should be an... helmet? Dunno why but the robot design gives me some art deco vibes, the lines on the head specially

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Well, there were non specified time skips between scenes so I imagine him being from a well connected family going rebel (and seemingly some pretty important rebel since he was responsible for hacking the androids) he somehow got people to acquire it.

But yeah, there were some very cringy scenes

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

veni veni veni posted:

Lol the rapist is like a Dark Souls NPC.

He even talks like a Souls NPC.

Also, standing still while someone talks to him

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 12, 2020

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
They do enjoy praising the sun

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Nuts and Gum posted:

I really like this dumb show. There is some really fantastic acting for the most part. I'm in love with the newly ordained prophet and seer and I think I almost have his haircut. I'm gonna shave the sides and see how it looks, already got the mullet.It's gonna look real bad

If there ever was a time to try bold haircuts, it's now

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I think that the soldiers also cover their eyes and don’t look at mother in battle mode

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Eps 8/9

So... Androids are alien tech ?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
If bloodborne taught anything is that eating eyes are incredbly bad, so... mutated Space Ragnar incoming

Also, the hexagon alien looked like a space jockey head

Boris Galerkin posted:

It wasn't until these last episodes that we find out that no the Mithriac religion is like, a real thing, with some kind of magic space god, and now there is a magic space jesus baby. This story is now just another rehash of a miracle baby/virgin birth/savior of the world/prophecy story and that's just unoriginal and boring.

It’s a Machine/AI god, it’s magic as in “sufficiently advanced tech” that was passed down to earthlings and interpreted as divine, not some miracle stuff :confused:

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 27, 2020

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Boris Galerkin posted:

I'm not doing a good job at conveying my thoughts, but if I can try one more time: if it was only that humans interpreted advanced space tech as divine messages and using that to justify killing each other and destroying the Earth and building these screaming terror weapons without understanding what was actually going on, that would be acceptable to me. Instead, now we have found out that there is a god/AI/tech that has been directly pulling on the strings of human puppets to steer them into doing whatever it is that that god/AI/tech always wanted to happen all along. I dunno, it just takes away agency from literally every single character in the show. "This was all planned" type of bullshit.

The AI is messing with a few characters on planet because it's there, I think their involvement with mankind on earth was sending mysterious tech package + map to the planet (*come here, it's wonderful* sign post). The killing/destroying on Earth is all human, I don't think the aliens cared as long as humans eventually sent some spaceships there.

I think the whole religion is all human interpretation, Karl even said that they don't fully understand the 'old scriptures' (that were some tech manuals on dark photons and how to build androids/spaceships (?) and not some bible stuff)

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I think it’s implied Father new girlfriend did something to the baby when it “scanned” Tempest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

ok so the giant ball of fire and death (the core) is actually a supercomputer?

It uses the giant ball of fire and death as an energy source