Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I liked how they pronounced the "atheist" differently, and without explanation. It's the future, so certain words are pronounced differently.

So the "atheists" seem like insurgents with fewer resources and numbers. The "atheist" soldiers look like typical apocalyptic rebels. But they don't fit in with the mother bot's rhetoric about people a technocratic society blah blah

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I don't know about this whole thing and trying to read into the allegory, perhaps I'll be proven wrong but it felt to me like this whole thing was actually devoid of subtext and irony, the theists are bad and the atheists are good, everything is at face value, the mom bot appeared as brutal and irrational but so far she's been vindicated in that everything she did was proven right, even the opening monologue spells it clearly, heck the space theists are even space pedophiles like the whole 'religious organizations are actually bad and hypocritical' thing wasn't already obvious enough.

So, yeah, it's possible there's an element of subversion and the themes will have more depth, but to me it felt like 'what you see is what you get', heck even Ragnar's character isn't a proper theist, he has to be a secret atheist so that the audience will know he's a sympathetic guy just trying to make ends meet.

The mom bot seems pretty fanatical to me in that she tried to tell the kids "no praying, no god!" The religious ones are more powerful with more resources. Rich and powerful equals evil.

mrbotus fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU