Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

Only one guy said this and he probably is a troll

This show looks amazing

The only effect I think looks kinda bad is when they close-up on Mother Necro's face, but it also works because the character is a weird loving marble robot god.

I was pleasantly surprised by the desert set they used and wish the new Dune movie would have made even a little attempt at looking more otherworldly like this show did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Were they not supposed to have more embryos, but the kids destroyed them by accident? Did I misinterpret that scene?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hell yeah this show fuckin rules

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yes instead of worrying about the survival of our species we should definitely conduct xenobiological research with no scientists around.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's my feeling on it, basically. It's a show about vibes, about being wowed by crazy poo poo happening out of nowhere, about absolutely insane people/robots who have no business still being alive, nothing is rational, everything is permitted. I also probably would not enjoy if it if I had to constantly ask myself "well, why don't they do THIS or THAT".

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sheriff Falc posted:

E: Oh, and why the gently caress does mother howl like a wolf when Tally dies but literally never again? It just feels like heavy-handed foreshadowing that is contrary to the character's behaviour up to that point and then for the remainder of the season.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

Also lol at dude turning in a literal Bane complete with face mask and muffled voice.

gently caress yeah this show is hilarious and rules like :getout: already if you want to solve it like it's Lost or something, because it's never going to happen

LifeLynx posted:

That's also why I'm disappointed it's a mystery show. It's going to be years before we get answers.

You will absolutely not get the answers you want

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 25, 2020

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The term hard sci fi keeps getting thrown around when it is clearly sci-fantasy because any tech they show is virtually indistinguishable from magic.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I can't remember how many times I just yelled "WHAT THE gently caress" at the screen during this episode.

This show loving rules.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson is a book about a colony ship that lands on a very hostile planet and there's an AI that sort of acts like a mother. I wouldn't say it's all THAT similar but it is a very good book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://deadline.com/2022/11/travis-fimmel-cast-dune-the-sisterhood-hbo-max-series-1235167271/

Well we can only hope this show is half as batshit as RBW, but it being based on Dune is at least a good start.