Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ratios and Tendency posted:

1st episode was great.

3rd episode is absolutely loving terrible.

I guess I concur. Might be the difference between Ridley and Luke Scott. But let's see where this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

zoux posted:

I guess the Mithriacs are supposed to be a stand in to avoid controversy, but I'm gonna venture a guess that Christianity is still a going concern in 200 years. Also I don't know if they're supposed to be connected to the ancient Roman religion or why they became sun worshippers in an extremely technologically advanced society.

The sun is pretty great. I can see the appeal.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Campion like most children in fiction is kind of a little poo poo. Good thing that the smug leaderson pointed out that he wouldn't be quite as pacifist if he had no food source either.

Speaking of which, these things taste like pork. Incidentally that sounds similar what culinaries would describe as long pork.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
By the way: I love the song in the intro. The melody is so weird and the pronunciation and rhythm of the words sounds otherworldly.

Edit: someone will probably just tell me that this is the common accent in some part of the world, I am ignorant of.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 14, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's not looking into the eyes which is dangerous. For some weird reason she needs her exes to use her banshee powers. But she knows that's dangerous and intimidating, so she decides to keep them away from the kids. It's a stupid plot point, but it's basically wielding a strong firearm with the finger on the trigger all the time and putting that thing away when at home.

Honestly, the plot is kinda simple to follow. There are just a bunch of unexplained mysteries.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Are the religious guys praying to the sun in our system, the local star, or the overarching concept of nuclear fusion? I'd imagine that would be a bit hard to reconcile.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's been weeks and I still don't really know if I liked anything of this show.
I guess this means I have to verge on the negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GABA ghoul posted:

The creatures are descendants of Neanderthals, yes. Neanderthals died out in pre-historic times on earth, so we don't really know if they were acid resistant or not.

Not really fully. There was crossbreeding and there is some semblance of Neanderthal DNA in many people's genome. But that acid ignoring gene might not have survived.