Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't know about this whole thing and trying to read into the allegory, perhaps I'll be proven wrong but it felt to me like this whole thing was actually devoid of subtext and irony, the theists are bad and the atheists are good, everything is at face value, the mom bot appeared as brutal and irrational but so far she's been vindicated in that everything she did was proven right, even the opening monologue spells it clearly, heck the space theists are even space pedophiles like the whole 'religious organizations are actually bad and hypocritical' thing wasn't already obvious enough.

So, yeah, it's possible there's an element of subversion and the themes will have more depth, but to me it felt like 'what you see is what you get', heck even Ragnar's character isn't a proper theist, he has to be a secret atheist so that the audience will know he's a sympathetic guy just trying to make ends meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Azhais posted:

If they were able to maintain a constant 1g acceleration (and deceleration for the back half) they'd only need to reach like .99999c to get it done in 13 years relativistic

But if that were the case and there are really wormholes for the little ships, Mother would have had centuries to ponder her mistakes by the time the ark arrived

Playing with this calculator here - https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/space-travel

The droids could have accelerated at higher Gs while the ark ship maintained constant 1g, meaning that the droids would have arrived only a few years before the humans, rather than centuries.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I stopped watching with the S1 finale, does the show make any lick of sense now? I'd assume it doesn't.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Is this thread being sincere? I haven't watched the second season I'm still confused about the first one, was the second one not a garbage fire? What's going on here?