Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Jeep posted:

did the snake tip that vehicle full of people into the acid sea?

I think it got hooked on a tow cable attached to the bunker and dragged them into the acid sea.

I think an atheist colony would have way more fedoras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Odoyle posted:

How come that tow cable is acid resistant? Why not make the research station from the same stuff?

I do wonder if anyone is going to make pants or socks out the space snake sjin thats been shed all over tha place.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

2 guards to the acid water
9 to the acid water because of the snake
1 escapee to the bomb collar
1 to touching the android milk?
2-3 killed by space ragnar

i think that's it
The bomber pilot that Ragnar kills so he can steal just bomber

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The CGI when mother went to pet the snake at the top of the mountain was pretty noticeable

The dust from when Father dropped chain bot was also shockingly bad

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I know this way into the future with flying banshee robuts, but the daily task marbles seem needlessy complex. Why waste energy and resources on 1 use marbles when you could just get a white board and write " yo go fix the fence ".

Having barter town battle bots is cool, but maybe put up a barrier or something if the robuts are going to be using projectile weapons.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're not one use? We're told Collective members have to return them when they're done, and the third episode implies the marbles have multiple other functions (e.g. tracking and data gathering).

The aetheists arrived at the very end of Season 1 (there's literally a shot of their ship entering the atmosphere in the first season finale). They've only been on the planet for six months.

My bad, thought I saw Mother eating hers.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Would Campion be considered an orphan, since technically he has no biological parents?

I wonder how many loopholes there are in milky robot space Jesus prophecies.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

The acid merman was loving out of nowhere and I am here for it. I dont wanna understand anything. I am just here for the ride.

Oh, the eyes didn't get digested after how many weeks? Ok, makes sense.

Yeah, shouldn't he have poo poo them out weeks ago? Does he clean the poo poo off and swallow them again? Are we going to get a Christopher Walken Pulp Fiction style monologs about having to keep these uncomfortable hunks of metal up his rear end?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

This whole time i've been convinced that I've seen Algar in other stuff, she seems crazy familiar, but nope. The only credit I can find that I might have seen was an unnamed role in one episode of Vikings. Weird!

She was in a great movie called Censor, about "video nastys" in the uk.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

eschaton posted:

I’m also sure a merman who has just come out of the acid ocean is totally safe to touch and straddle.

They sure are pretty chill about living right next to a literal ocean made of acid.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What if Sol is just an AI like us
Sending leech hallucinations
To an atheist

Trying to make his way home
To a cave underneath a dodecahedron dome

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GABA ghoul posted:

Niamh Algar leaving the show is a crime against humanity. There are only two mullets left in the whole show

I dont know, I always found her performance a little wooden.

Reminded me of this. Spoilers for season 2 of Twin Peaks.
https://youtu.be/dOLb1nThRds

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I bet Campion mind melds with the flying, acid proof snake and sends him underwater to rescue the babby.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harton posted:

Yeah he rules, I like the actor, he’s got presence

If you haven't already, check out Vikings. He plays the lead in that and totally owns the role.

He's what gotten me interested in the show when it first started.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like floating , angry pumpkin snake deep throating a Sue tree and getting electric powers is a boss I haven't run into yet in Elden Ring

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if Mother's necromorph skin is acid proof

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redreader posted:

Is Father also a wolf? He seems pretty 'nice' to me. It's not called 'raised by wolf'.

Mother is the only wolf.

Inside of you are 2 wolves. One of them is a flying snake monster. The other a bunch of milk.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if Grandmother could get Elden Ring to rin at a decent framerate on that pc

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rappaport posted:

St. Peter was crucified upside down, but I don't know enough Christian history to know if that means something in terms of this show.

This is all from catholic school (15 years or so ago) so it's pretty muddled in my brain but I remember being taught that Peter was crucified upside as an act of humility, because he felt unworthy of being crucified the same way as Jesus.
Peter was also the first pope, so maybe this means Marcus is going to be AI pope or something.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Season 3 opening Father joke

What do Mithraics mop the floor with?

Pine Sol!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Paul, get in the EVA

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I will also poo poo and piss in that guy's pants

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zero One posted:

Campion also thought Grandma was Sol so I don't know how much I trust him on theology.

Dude grew up in stone house eating roots and saw a giant shiny, floating figure that saved him from a dude with a gun. I'd think it was angel or some poo poo too, and I'm a genius athiest.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
All the rocks on the beaches seem to be immune to tje acid. Why dont they just make a boat out of rocks and go exploring

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
These are also the characters that didnt think to put a fence around the giant bottomless holes in the ground until a small child fell down one.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm getting Carnivale flashbacks. Another beautifully weird HBO show that got axed after 2 seasons.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GABA ghoul posted:

What are good books that fill the void in my life that this show left? I'm definitely rereading The Jesus Incident at some point. All the weirder Lem stuff scratches that itch too but I'm looking for something new

e: also I'm not looking to join a milk cult. Only books for now

Check out the Urth of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe. poo poo gets pretty god drat wacky. If you like feeling of having no loving idea of what's going on but you stay for the ride because some insane poo poo like a 100 year old two headed emperor being accidentally ressurrected by space jesus then you'll love Urth of the New Sun as much as you loved Raised By Wolves.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sol is real, and strong, and my friend

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Entity is reaching back in time to remove Raised By Wolves to hide the true nature of Sol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

General Battuta posted:

What are tropes, op?

Great news friend! Absolutely none of that misery means anything! (whole season spoilers) In a few episodes a bell starts ringing and all the non-central characters line up and jump off the boat into the ocean! But don't worry, they might be back. After all, it's all a simulation on board a spaceship in the year 2099

Agreed. Dont read this if you dont want 1899 spoiled. this was all a dream/simulation is the weakest type of ending. They didnt need 10 episodes to build up to that. 6 maybe. Lots of filler.