Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This show is so freaking bizarre and I am not at all surprised that the creator wrote Prisoners, which was also full of strangeness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just finished up to Ep 5. I can see why reviewers could get bored, but everything is so cool in this show.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Episodes 4 and 5 spoilers:

I don't think it would make any sense considering that he was supposed to be a senior church member, however part of me wondered if the rapist would turn out to be Campion.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ego-bot posted:

I've noticed a lot of allusions to Medusa with mother. The cornrows remind me of snakes, her stare causing instant death and the prisoner entering what they thought was her lair with a mirror shield.

Oh nice

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I like the image of a Necromancer roaming the ruins and wish they had more Earth

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Caught up with the last two episodes and still really like this show. I agree that it's a good reminder of how safe other shows play it, everything is just so weird with it. I also agree that it may be straying a bit into :lost: territory with the mysterious whispers. The show creator said that answers will be revealed, however, so maybe they are aware of it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I like the show even if it is strange

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I like it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Finished it- I enjoyed the insanity, though I miss the simplicity of the first few episodes. I think I’ll rewatch it over Christmas Break.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My read on it is that Humans are some sort of dandelion-salmon species that spreads out across the galaxy, eventually creates Necromancers, which then return to Kepler-22b to breed the Snake species.

If that old birthing Chamber that Mother found is similar to the bigger version Ragnar found in the desert then I really wonder what is inside.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

TheMopeSquad posted:

They said earlier that the Necromancers were given to the Mithraic from Sol so that was most definitely a precursor android that the Necromancers and Mother were derived from.

Yeah that was my take as well. Some other civilization was manipulated by Satan and brought an android to the cave to give birth to a snake a very long time ago.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dark Off posted:

there was clear themes at start of show.
conflict between religions, faith on both sides.
sci-fi exploration on themes of androids raising human children
android sentience and learning capacities.

all thrown away in favor of space snake and weirdo cult that make docahedrons with androids inside em. Its visually cool but i feel like its going to be bad for the plot.

Yeah I thought on it since the finale and I sort of miss how this show started. It would have been cool to keep things slow instead of going all out nuts... however I also love how crazy this show gets

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I thought it was good. Could have been better, but whatever it’s a TV show

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Why don’t they experience time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hi I['m Dad Bot woudl you like to hear a joke? What did the canyon say to the boy?