Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i love the snake. it is my child now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

General Battuta posted:

I think everyone trying to figure this show out or come up with elaborate theories is really missing the point.

:yeah:

just enjoy the ride. embrace the snake.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

but a alien goo snek is auto friend and want hug

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

honestly, I like to imagine that ridley scott reads through the script for the first few episodes, sagely nodding, and then turns to the writing room and goes "what if... there are a bunch of gross birth scenes? I think that'd be really original" and then everyone stands up and claps

ridley's notes: needs. more. MILK.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

as we all know, snakes and wolves are mortal enemies, therefore,

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I got my mum into watching this and after the finale she said to me, "I don't think I liked that very much." Sorry mum!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i loved lost

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

QuoProQuid posted:

i would die for those milky robots

thread title please

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Farm Frenzy posted:

ridley scott!!! please cut the bullshit and just make some scifi thats 100% milk

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

yessss title change

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

mother in a sunhat holding a parasol, covered in milkblood is wonderful

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm still thinking about Mother and Father reconciling by trying to destroy the snake child in the absolute most ridiculous way possible, with absolutely zero thought for their companions maybe possibly needing the lander.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the quintessential raised by wolves experience:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1314752816225955842

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1315086860943843328

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I feel like there has to be a decent time jump, because I doubt they're going to be filming any time soon and all the kid actors will probably age out of what they're supposed to be in the show.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

She wanted to accessorise! With her never-changing skinsuit, she doesn't have many ways to express herself through fashion, so why not take the opportunity to show-off her personal sense of style through her best feature, her eyes?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I already love Mother and Father so much, how can I cope with a Grandmother??

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the island was the vessel for the light in the world that all men sought

something something parallels to sol worship

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i would DIE for those milky robots

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the children are creating snake icons

There Will Be Snake

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

you think the milk is your ally? you merely adopted the milk. I was born in the milk, moulded by it.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I feel like I need a recap before season two starts. I remember the important beats (snake, snake, more snake), but some of the details have escaped me.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It's such a funny show.

Mother, Father, Snake-child, how I've missed you.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I can't wait till they start wearing clothes made out of the snakes shedded skin.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I love my vegetarian space noodle

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I learned something new and exciting from this episode, which is that herbivore is pronounced with a silent H in American English. I knew herb was pronounced that way but wouldn't have realised it extended to herbivore.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah Father did the same thing, it's a great detail.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Gonz posted:

Snake Couture

been wanting this since we saw the snake skin a couple episodes ago

please

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm glad Mother has someone to call a friend.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I watch this show with my mum (it's a perfect mother-daughter show) and she spent most of this episode looking away and asking me to describe things to her lol.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It all makes perfect sense to me.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I wanted to cry when Mother scolded the snake. It's just a little baby, don't yell at it like that.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

PeterWeller posted:

The preview of the next episode showed the acid mermaid nursing the baby in a cave.

!!!

I thought this episode was the finale!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

wolfs posted:

I was expecting Tempest to chuck her baby into the sea, but I guess the end result for her was that but slightly different.

Yeah I kinda thought she'd dragged herself out there so she could give birth to her baby and have it drop off a cliff directly into the acid ocean without her having to look at it, but perhaps that was a little too cruel.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

No way, weekly releases work best for me with this. I love the insanity, but binging it would be overkill on the lunacy. And I love reading everyone's :aaaaa: every week.

I really need to rewatch both seasons, but it feels like the more folks are meddling, the stronger Sol grows. I'm sure grandma is a big deal.

Agreed, this show absolutely benefits from a week's break to really process the weird poo poo and build up our own personal cult of the milksnake.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

You can do whatever you want - just make sure you can rock it. Mullets are back in style now TBH.

praise sol

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

frogbs posted:

I love that every week I start this show knowing full well it's going to be loving crazy, and it STILL doesn't disappoint.

I love it. I would never have predicted lionfish form snake but it was everything I needed.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

On the third day, she was resurrected (cut her way out of the serpent's stomach)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Can't believe this show killed off Sue AND the serpent, two of my favourite characters... If anything happens to Father I don't know what I'll do

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think the writers of the show with the flying snake child of the robot with killer eyes and a tree that activates its world-destroying powers may have some awareness of the fantastical nature of their work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

pour a cup of milk out for mother and father