Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

LinkesAuge posted:

Some discussion of the setting (ep1-3):

So from what I gathered there are basically two human factions:

Religious nuts who use Androids as their servants and weapons.
"Atheists" who oppose them and fight them with (amongst other things) child soldiers. Question is why, is it just out of desperation or are these kids special? Can they do something adults can't?

We also don't know the reason for the conflict or any other motivation of those two factions so far.

We are also told that the two androids (including the necromancer one) we follow were apparently reprogrammed by "Atheists" with the goal to raise atheist children.

It's certainly an interesting spin on AI/Androids that the religious faction is the one that uses artifical intelligence/life for their own purposes.

yeah its really interesting twist

my theory is that the religion actually started as mega-corporation that invented the androids, apparently they have no issues with atheist's reprogramming service androids but military ones should be impossible.
atheist's dont have resources so they dont have androids either for fighting.
But we dont know if the second faction actually is atheists because i think at first episode they passingly mention that atheists were minor faction.
So it could be that second faction is just some anti-android religious nut-jobs. And that atheists are actually 3rd minor faction that nobody has noticed.

also why is it the android called necromancer? Is it going to start mimicking the dead at some point? Because that could be some xenomorph class horror

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

in episode 4 we learn that necromancer can indeed manipulate people
so are the voices ragnar hears necromancers planted suggestions?

and is necromancer getting schizophrenia . Since who else could the kid running in the forest be?

are the previous settlers the second religious faction that they fought on earth?
because they do have super human agility. Are the beasts result of genetic experiment gone wrong?

and lastly where are the sand worms?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

man 8-9th episode was quite something :stare:
the biggest thing was those metal tablets causing self diagnostics to trigger with mother and that whole alien head spewing milk thing. Very lost like mystery I hope it gets solved in sane fashion

and what is mother pregnant with :ohdear: i hope it isnt xenomorph. Because pauls feels that the children will be good is fairly ominous to me

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

it does raise question still.
how did the prisoner suck up android juices for powerup?
Is it the alien android blood doing things, something like nanomachines?
And is it the alien voices trying to do evil things again?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

now that i think about i think i got it.
the thing in box is the true necromancer being sealed . the aliens send the the blueprints of necromancer to other races as warning to not build em or necromancer sends em to get copies build.
the mom necromancer is incomplete version of necromancer unable to resurrect the dead ppl, but her baby is most likely complete version of necromancer.

saul/sol is most likely the opposing force for this with paul being the chosen one.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

so ... mind reading giant tunneling snakes, that control neanderthal humans

this left really same kind of mystery that lost had going on, with very slim explanation on things. And now there is a second ark wasnt building one really really expensive?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

this show started strong with blade runner like android trying to raise kids.
but by end of season it was all Lost all over again which is a shame.
My guess is that all the mysteries in the end were fillers to prolong the show. The worm thing was cool but made no sense in context of story.
Like its not xenomorph story, it should be story about androids struggling with raising kids in alien environment.
as the show went on we saw less and less about growth and more and more about bs mysteries ragnars great space madness acting etc...

this show had great potential. But now its hard to tell if its going somewhere
Its more likely going to be another Lost.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

first season was alright, but it really did become clear at end of season 2 that they were just piling mysteries on top of mysteries.
just like how this show started with mysterious holes on ground ---> monsters --> evil ghosts --> Neanderthals --> lamprey snakes that can fly
absolutely nothing has gotten clearer and we still have no ideas how things are supposed to even fit together.
next season we get mutant ragnar being space jesus for some reason that wont get explained until season 5

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

While there could be a good show made of this, this show is not it. All the stuff with the androids raising the kids was pretty bad this season. Im fine with the craziness, just roll with it.

there was clear themes at start of show.
conflict between religions, faith on both sides.
sci-fi exploration on themes of androids raising human children
android sentience and learning capacities.

all thrown away in favor of space snake and weirdo cult that make docahedrons with androids inside em. Its visually cool but i feel like its going to be bad for the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

its all powered by magic really. thats the twist religious science and atheist science cant fight magic :colbert: